All-Star No Tolerance For Underage Drinking At Worlds?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is anyone who has athletes attending worlds business. Anyone who is drinking in public can put someone else's life at risk for being stupid. Illegal is illegal and it is my business if there is underage drinking at worlds because it is AGAINST THE LAW. If the coaches and gym owners are not going to fix the problem then it is everyone else's job to find a way to fix the problem. Things like this get brought up on the fierceboard because people can't get it through their head to not be stupid and post drunk tweets, facebook status, facebook pictures, and prance around bragging about it. If these athletes are not smart enough to know that it can come back to bite them in the butt then they definitely aren't smart enough to be able to pick up a beer and take a drink.

Sorry if I sound harsh but growning up has made me realize the mistakes that I made as a minor drinking alcohol. It isn't something that I am proud of at all and isn't something that I want for anyone else. Call me a prude and a boring person, but there are other ways to have fun rather then get drunk and walk around Disney. I have little to no tolerance for underage drinking and the thought of it makes me cringe because I have seen the aftermath of drinking gone too far.

we have so many laws to be honest if i were from a different country id just follow the basic ones! its not like anyones lives were at risk. imo

Minor Laws = J Walking
Non Minor Laws = Drinking age

When you visit another country imo youre responsible to learn certain laws.

There are a lot of colleges out there. And a lot of downtowns.
I'm not gonna make a big deal out of this. I dont know why you are.
if you say more drinking at "cheerleading worlds" than a college, you really need to stop going while the students are on summer break, because that is definitely not true.

It was a college... so yeah.

I'm not sure how many colleges you have been to or what colleges you have been to on a weekend but if there were more people drinking at Disney then at a college then that is a VERY bad thing. I am in college and know how much drinking goes on so to think that there was more going on at Disney (which I feel is probably not accurate at all) then that is a scary thought. I'm thinking there wasn't that many drunk teens running around Disney to compare it to a college campus on a weekend. Not really sure what this has to do with anything though.

if you say more drinking at "cheerleading worlds" than a college, you really need to stop going while the students are on summer break, because that is definitely not true.

I said theres more drinking at worlds, which is in disney, which is drunk city. Again, what's the point of arguing this?

I said theres more drinking at worlds, which is in disney, which is drunk city. Again, what's the point of arguing this?
you tell me, you keep commenting over and over again?

and since when is disney "drunk city"? the amount of people who drink there doesnt compare to places around the country.

This whole thread makes me not want my kid to ever go to Worlds, and really casts a negative light on what we want so badly to be legitimized - cheerleaders as trained and disciplined athletes. Athletes who respect themselves and who can at least respect the entity of the ultimate in cheerleading championships, Worlds. Just saying, you don't see Olympians acting this way in the Olympic Village during the games, you don't see other serious athletes disrespecting themselves and the championships they've just competed in by looking all trashy and banged up at a sanctioned championship event. Why must people who love this sport so much, do so much to reverse its legitimacy and advancement? I dont get it. It's not a teenage thing, its a respect thing, in my opinion. Underage drink all you want at home, thats your issue, but please respect the Cheerleading Worlds.

This whole thread makes me not want my kid to ever go to Worlds, and really casts a negative light on what we want so badly to be legitimized - cheerleaders as trained and disciplined athletes. Athletes who respect themselves and who can at least respect the entity of the ultimate in cheerleading championships, Worlds. Just saying, you don't see Olympians acting this way in the Olympic Village during the games, you don't see other serious athletes disrespecting themselves and the championships they've just competed in by looking all trashy and banged up at a sanctioned championship event. Why must people who love this sport so much, do so much to reverse its legitimacy and advancement? I dont get it. It's not a teenage thing, its a respect thing, in my opinion. Underage drink all you want at home, thats your issue, but please respect the Cheerleading Worlds.

the problem is they are in orlando, FLORIDA. its warm there, its like a vacation! people wanna get "f***ed up on a vacation in a nice, tropical spot". girls are gonna be wearing small clothes and wanna go "all out". people drink in college before they do ANYTHING these days. football & basketball games, concerts, perfomances, parties, pre-games to parties, frat/srat exchanges, philanthropy events. . people in the 16-20 range love to be rebellious and drinking is an easy way to do it.

great, cant wait til my daughter views Worlds as a "vacation" where she can get "f***ed up", "wear small clothes" and go "all out" at 16. nice. again restating...not sure sending my kid to a place where activities like this are glamorized and accepted is in alignment with my parenting philosophies. that'll make two less people taking up space in the Milk house in the future right? that should make folks happy! lol!

great, cant wait til my daughter views Worlds as a "vacation" where she can get "f***ed up", "wear small clothes" and go "all out" at 16. nice. again restating...not sure sending my kid to a place where activities like this are glamorized and accepted is in alignment with my parenting philosophies. that'll make two less people taking up space in the Milk house in the future right? that should make folks happy! lol!
we cant change society. sorry, but its life.

Back