All-Star Olympic Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Cheer as a whole is way off from being an Olympic sport... but why not stunting?

Two divisions: all girl group and single based. You could have a COP, would have a start value, and could deduct like gymnastics. Upper level would have no rules (Olympic level) but could have levels to get up to that point.

As well you could add pairs events.

Seems like it would work. Emphasizes stunting and eliminates tumbling where the USA has a big advantage for now.

ok, so there are 4 rounds. The first round is completely compulsory. The second round is just a twisting round. third round just a flipping round. final found completely open ended routines. All have start values. 1 minute each round to complete. flexibility could be a category.

there are half twists allowed in the flipping round, half flips (handspring ups) on the twisting round.

Do you think four rounds may be too much for the lay person to follow IF one of the goals is to get them interested in the sport? Perhaps the compulsory round with appropriate mandatory twisting, flipping skills, and then the optional round where they go open ended?

I agree with you kingston about the connection with gymnastics and cheer. I think your idea can work because it shows the main difference, is extremely visual, and can be made pretty even across the board which is one of the things the Olympic Governing body looks for in introducing new sports.

We not go acro? It already exists worldwide, has a governing body and scoring system? Be careful what you wish for bc other countries already way "out stunt" us in the acro world

I agree with you kingston about the connection with gymnastics and cheer. I think your idea can work because it shows the main difference, is extremely visual, and can be made pretty even across the board which is one of the things the Olympic Governing body looks for in introducing new sports.

and it could be adopted into gymnastics extremely quickly. it would be very easy to make objective. a LOW cost to perform. they could make levels like gymnastics has levels to compete in. heck, get rid of the coed part and it could be just an all girl team. i like the idea of pairs as well.

We not go acro? It already exists worldwide, has a governing body and scoring system? Be careful what you wish for bc other countries already way "out stunt" us in the acro world

Oh im not creating something for the US to win. Im creating something that could actually be a sport. The problem with acro is people just dont like it as much. Their approach to it just isnt as popular.

as well we can incorporate a lot of the acro stuff (the handstand stuff) but they dont really do what we do.

Oh im not creating something for the US to win. Im creating something that could actually be a sport. The problem with acro is people just dont like it as much. Their approach to it just isnt as popular.
Yeah I hear ya. My point is don't you think adapting acro to "stunting" could be easier. Their scoring system is already in place and their connected to a legit governing body.

What about that whole "STUNT" idea? I don't know if you have heard of it. It's some sort of expansion of cheerleading, just stunting though, as you guys are saying. I believe it is also trying to become a sport..

Yeah I hear ya. My point is don't you think adapting acro to "stunting" could be easier. Their scoring system is already in place and their connected to a legit governing body.

probably seeds of it. but acro just isnt that popular compared to cheer style stunting.

Back