All-Star Olympic Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of the best parts of NCA Daytona is the Stunt Fest on the Mall. To watch all of the partner stunts showing off.. Nothing better..

As an experiment to training I'm taking one group and one coed couple with solid athleticism and built to potentially be good, but do not have the refined skills yet and seeing what type of consistent training regime would make a difference and how fast.

Are you taking applications for the co-ed couple :p

Having done the cheer versions of their stunts and some acro stuff ( and worked with some acro people) I will tell you they aren't built to do what we do. Most of their stuff is low impact or caught in positions that are no where near the top. Ask one of them to do a toss awesome. It's very hard for them because there is free release flight and holding extended at the top. As well you won't see full arounds while extended or rewinds to the top, or a number of things. You will see toe pitch half flip dive bomb to hand in hand at half, but that's because that skill doesn't take a lot of strength. They just don't do strength skills. Stunting is the most popular part of cheering. Stunting could become a sport by building off the cheer infrastructure that already exists. I don't think entire gyms could exists that only teach stunting, however, stunting could become very popular and viable NCAA and Olympic option as athletes near high school and find a love for it in cheer. Cheer gyms could dedicate a small portion of the gym to teach at certain times without converting much.

As an experiment to training I'm taking one group and one coed couple with solid athleticism and built to potentially be good, but do not have the refined skills yet and seeing what type of consistent training regime would make a difference and how fast.

I don't see cheerleaders being able to do what they can do on the spot either...I have a different view about it, but good luck to you and your experiment. I may not think stunting should be in the olympics, but I wouldn't be complaining if it did make it there.

Are you taking applications for the co-ed couple :p

Haha, I can tell you exactly what I will be doing with them. Its a lot of repetitive drills and and stunts. It probably isn't as exciting as you might think, but the end result will be good.

Why not just have, like in gymnastics, a qualification round and then a final round? There could be a list of required elements for each routine, again like in gymnastics, like there has to be a twisting skill or a flipping skill and amount of body positions or something like that. To me it would make it more simplified than having four different rounds, but other than that I like the idea! It'd be really cool to watch!

Back