All-Star Perfect Competition Curls (i.e. Cali Sm Sr, F5, Shooting Stars)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CP puts the poof in and then half up then i use a clip to hold up what im not curling- the relief from both of us when we get to the pony tail is the best part- this season I have 2 heads to curl. Gave away the curl formers bc my older daughters hair was to long and to thick for them, I would have had to buy about 3 of the large kits and then double up the long curl forms. now my youger one would be able to use them but gave them away..grrr

If you want a little bit bigger curls you should try to curl your hair with a straightener! My curls last so much longer than if I use a normal curling iron. It takes less time too.

When its half up/half down we usually use Curlformers the night before and leave out the top part. In the morning we make the poof (thank goodness my cp is 12 and can make her own) and if there's enough time put the remaining Curlformers in the half up part; if not just use a curling iron or wand. Cp's hair is on the thin side though so we have it a little easier.

I'm 18 and I can't even make my own poof. :confused:
I'm so bad with my own hair, but hopefully all these tips will help!!

I'm 18 and I can't even make my own poof. :confused:
I'm so bad with my own hair, but hopefully all these tips will help!!
Yes, I am so happy she can make her own poof now. I swear I used to get anxious about it hours before it had to be done; I actually paid one of the senior girls to make the poof for her at every comp one season :rolleyes: .

Yes, I am so happy she can make her own poof now. I swear I used to get anxious about it hours before it had to be done; I actually paid one of the senior girls to make the poof for her at every comp one season :rolleyes: .
Luckily in college we just have all of our hair pulled back in a high pony or half up-half down (most of us just straighten are hair or have loose wavy curls) No poofs to worry about. ;)
But I do love to curl my hair when I go out. Speaking of which, I have a wedding to go to this weekend (a girl on the cheer team! So excited!) and I have no idea what to do with my hair..... Any ideas?

Where can you get Curlformers for less than a million dollars? I looked at Sally today, and the kits were 70 bucks. I can't get my mind around paying that.

Where can you get Curlformers for less than a million dollars? I looked at Sally today, and the kits were 70 bucks. I can't get my mind around paying that.
Ebay. But they're called something like Magic Leverag. Normally they come from China. You don't get a choice like Curlformers though so it's a mix of long/short ones.

We never bought the kit because we didn't need the variety of sizes (although I just looked and see they now have them all in one size in a kit which I never came across when I was looking for them). I think we bought 3 packages of the pink/orange and the hook separately, all at Sally's. It depends how much hair your cp has; if she has a lot it may be more economical to buy the kit.

I saw some on eBay today. I think that's where I might get them. They had the kit for about $35 there, and it says they're new. I don't think I'd get used ones from someone I don't know. Ick.

Hahahaha! We had a blast! Actually, I had it set up so I could look at the pictures on this thread while I did it :oops:
We enjoyed it very much though, probably bc it was just to see how it would look--no pre competition stress.
To get the look above I used a wand and I didn't twist the hair as I wrapped it (this makes waves instead of curls). I just held the end piece on until I could get it wrapped in.
The way you pull it off the wand is how I get the spiral to stick. Pull the wand out of the wrapped hair while keeping the hair in the same position it is on the wand. Does that make sense? It's all wrapped around the wand and as I slide the wand out it makes a little "donut of hair".

Last season when we had to be at the competition really early, I would go ahead and poof my hair and put it in a pony tail and sleep on it. If you use enough hair spray, it'll fade away by the morning anyways and it won't be cakey. I curled my hair in the morning with a tapered wand and my curls always looked great. *Wands work wonders. I don't know what it is about them, but they just work so much better.

Im from twisters and i do my own hair and I can honestly say there is no such thing as not having crunchy hair if you want those types of curls!

To get the look above I used a wand and I didn't twist the hair as I wrapped it (this makes waves instead of curls). I just held the end piece on until I could get it wrapped in.
The way you pull it off the wand is how I get the spiral to stick. Pull the wand out of the wrapped hair while keeping the hair in the same position it is on the wand. Does that make sense? It's all wrapped around the wand and as I slide the wand out it makes a little "donut of hair".
Hair donuts...yummy. :p

Does curlformers really cost $50 ???
You can get them in Italy for $18!! Different brand but I guess they would still work fine.

Back