OT Questions For My Novel

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
D

Deleted member 41136

If you have a 10 to 18 year old girl that cheers competitively, please take the time to answer these questions.
1. How old is your child?
2. What gym do they cheer for?
3. How many teams is your child on?
4. Has your child ever experienced severe cheer- related injuries?
5. If yes, what kind?
6. If yes, how many?
7. How many hours does your child practice a week on average during competition season?

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. 14
2. Prefer not to say but it a small gym
3. 2 teams
4. Yes
5. very badly sprained ankles
6. 2 times; each ankle; out 6-8 weeks each time
Has also sprained wrist; out about a month
Been hit in nose - never out but badly swollen

If you have a 10 to 18 year old girl that cheers competitively, please take the time to answer these questions.
1. 11
2. One in Indiana
3. 1
4. Thankfully no breaks but bad sprains
5. See above
6. 4-5 that required more than icing

1. How old is your child?
2. What gym do they cheer for?
3. How many teams is your child on?
4. Has your child ever experienced severe cheer- related injuries?
5. If yes, what kind?
6. If yes, how many?

I don't have a daughter but I'll answer for myself!
1. Age: 17
2. Small, new-ish gym and high school team.
3. One all star team (S4.2) and my high school team, so 2 teams total, but not both all star.
4. Yes
5. Pinched nerve in my back, torn ligament in my thumb, torn tendon in my foot, stress fracture in my foot.
6. So 4 total: Pinched nerve- I just worked through it, which probably wasn't the smartest idea. Torn ligament- cast for 4 weeks (supposed to be no activity, but I still did some stuff), brace for 6 weeks (limited activity). Torn tendon- walking boot, but no activity for about 8 weeks. Stress fracture- walking boot for 6 weeks (limited activity).

Thank you all for answering! It is okay if u do not wish to answer certain questions! The gym question was a little bit infringing on privacy!

Pardon me for butting in but I'm confused. In your other thread.......I asked what your novel would be geared toward and your answer was this.

Cheergirl2000 Said.............I am covering preparing for a comp that I will make up!

And yet not 1 question about preparing for a competition......but about injuries.........????

Pardon me for butting in but I'm confused. In your other thread.......I asked what your novel would be geared toward and your answer was this.

Cheergirl2000 Said.............I am covering preparing for a comp that I will make up!

And yet not 1 question about preparing for a competition......but about injuries.........????
I'm sorry! I completely forgot about prep for comps.

So that you don't do double work, I suggest completing your outline for your novel, develop your characters and plot, then come here to see what details that you need to help with the project. You'll need much more information for a novel than a short story. Do you have guidelines for word count?

So that you don't do double work, I suggest completing your outline for your novel, develop your characters and plot, then come here to see what details that you need to help with the project. You'll need much more information for a novel than a short story. Do you have guidelines for word count?
She said a minimum of 45,000 words!

Wow. That's quite the assignment for high school.
They have written more before! Last year, the 9th graders at my new school had to write 60,000 in 1 month.

Wow. I guess my kids have gotten off easy in their high school writing assignments.

Google tells me that 60,000 words is approximately 240 pages!!! In a month? That's crazy sauce.

I never had a high school writing assignment that was longer than 15 pages. I don't even think I've written a paper that long in college either. A 45,000 word minimum for a high school assignment is crazy to me.

They have written more before! Last year, the 9th graders at my new school had to write 60,000 in 1 month.
Ok, I'm going to say what everyone else is thinking. Not a chance that a competent teacher tells 9th graders in a typical school to sit down and write a novel in a month. It can't effectively be done, unless s/he is giving busy work. I know how much pre- writing goes into a short story. I can only imagine the time necessary to teach it for a novel.

Last edited:
My kids would crap if they were assigned 15 pages! Hahaha! Maybe not my 8th grade daughter.

Back