OT Questions For My Novel

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
are y'all worried she's going to write a tell-all expose' on CEA? i don't understand the worry and suggestion of binding contracts for interviewing people. if the girl wanted to write a juicy story, i'm sure she could dig in the archives of the boards a bit and find more than enough information worth writing about without interviewing a parent.

do i think a novel is actually a high school assignment? no. not at all. but i'm not really sure what all the fuss is about? unless she's that girl who wrote the tell-all about Illinois cheer and sold it on amazon.
Sorry for dbl post

I think the worry is that this girl may not be a girl. We've had some strange people on here with some outlandish claims who turns out they weren't who we thought.

The last one was a teenage boy misrepresenting himself trying to get people to hire him but in the process came off as a creeper just looking to get female cheerleaders to contact him.

**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**

You didn't hear of that book?

**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**
I didn't know there was one out. Scandalous. The only 'cheergate'-type book I know of is We've Got Spirit, and even that one (from what I've heard) was sensationalized.

My novel will be posted on Fierce Board by July 1st! Without any help!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for dbl post

I think the worry is that this girl may not be a girl. We've had some strange people on here with some outlandish claims who turns out they weren't who we thought.

The last one was a teenage boy misrepresenting himself trying to get people to hire him but in the process came off as a creeper just looking to get female cheerleaders to contact him.

I am a girl and I was never trying to get anybody to contact me outside of Fierce Board

My novel will be posted on Fierce Board by July 1st! Without any help!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a girl and I was never trying to get anybody to contact me outside of Fierce Board
I never said you were, was just offering the other poster an example.

are y'all worried she's going to write a tell-all expose' on CEA? i don't understand the worry and suggestion of binding contracts for interviewing people. if the girl wanted to write a juicy story, i'm sure she could dig in the archives of the boards a bit and find more than enough information worth writing about without interviewing a parent.

do i think a novel is actually a high school assignment? no. not at all. but i'm not really sure what all the fuss is about? unless she's that girl who wrote the tell-all about Illinois cheer and sold it on amazon.

I'm not worried in the least. But I'm a parent who's CP used to be 12 and I was concerned/curious as to what her plan was with the whole process. I'm also in a position to, potentially, put her in touch with numerous parents of 12 year old CEA kids so again, I was trying to get some facts/details. Since she posted and gave next to zero details it was our job to ask her.

Good for you. I look forward to reading it.

Some of these posts are just completely unnecessary. If you didn't like it or want to help then don't reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are helping. We're highly protective of our children and our board and if it swims like a fish and smells like a fish, we're casting. Not sorry.
Speaking for myself, I'd much rather 1 person feel uncomfortable with a line of questioning or comments than many people that I care about get burned.
OP can easily eliminate all of this with a PM to the appropriate mods.

We are helping. We're highly protective of our children and our board and if it swims like a fish and smells like a fish, we're casting. Not sorry.
Speaking for myself, I'd much rather 1 person feel uncomfortable with a line of questioning or comments than many people that I care about get burned.
OP can easily eliminate all of this with a PM to the appropriate mods.
Eliminate all of what?

One thought for everyone worrying about whether it would be an accurate representation: if it's a novel, by definition it's made up.

**Is there any benefit to being an early arrival on the naughty list?**

One thought for everyone worrying about whether it would be an accurate representation: if it's a novel, by definition it's made up.

Thank you!

Eliminate all of what?

The concern about if you are who you are representing yourself to be.

Because a lot of it seems made up (or novelesque) especially with a 45,000 word assignment that most of us don't believe.

As in the gym? Yikes.
What gym? It was a lot of gyms - there is no "Illinois Cheer" gym that I know of.

It was about Illinois cheer in general, as in "Cheer that takes place in the state of Illinois" - and not a nice book at all.

Guys, not everyone comes on here to troll. Just because it's an unpopular thing, didn't mean that it's not real. Just saying.

I think if FB staff actually came up with a way to actually verify who you are, it would solve a lot of trolling issues.

Back