OT Questions For My Novel

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Good Lord, I'm a junior in college and I've never had an assignment more than about 20 pages. So, sorry, but I call bull.

Some people take years to complete a thesis of this size and receive a PhD after it. And many professional writers are unable to finish novels in 5-10 years. My sister is in 9th grade and yesterday spent hours polishing off a 600-word essay. So I really don't see how this is a legitimate assignment. I'm just very skeptical and a bit concerned about dishonesty on this board.

...If it is a real assignment and we've all assumed incorrectly, well then good luck. Make sure you complain about your teacher to the school for this impossible and cruel task.

Good Lord, I'm a junior in college and I've never had an assignment more than about 20 pages. So, sorry, but I call bull.

Some people take years to complete a thesis of this size and receive a PhD after it. And many professional writers are unable to finish novels in 5-10 years. My sister is in 9th grade and yesterday spent hours polishing off a 600-word essay. So I really don't see how this is a legitimate assignment. I'm just very skeptical and a bit concerned about dishonesty on this board.

...If it is a real assignment and we've all assumed incorrectly, well then good luck. Make sure you complain about your teacher to the school for this impossible and cruel task.
Just got done reading the whole thread (both of them) and I kind of assumed at first that you guys were assuming but after reading the entire thread, I call bull crap too. Out of my four years of high school, I've never had to do that. Neither has any AP student. I'm finishing up my first semester of college, the only and longest paper I've had to write so far, was six pages and it was a portfolio type of work too. She even gave us more time to do that, than what this young lady is getting. I really don't understand the point of lying about a book.

If she really wanted to do this, she could have said its just something she wanted to do for fun to entertain others I guess and take the proper steps into writing a novel.

If she really wanted to do this, she could have said its just something she wanted to do for fun to entertain others I guess and take the proper steps into writing a novel.

The bigger concern is the specificity and contradictory nature of the info requested in the original post (injuries?)

If someone asks questions like this and we don't know him/her, good luck. We should be smart and question back. If someone wants that type of info about a 12 year-old, it might not be innocent and safe.

well, for the past few months of me just "lurking" around and not really posting, there are a couple of bad seeds that seem to come and go.
Please tell me I'm one of them ;)

Glad you spent some time lurking to get a better feel of what goes on.

**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**

I want to apologize for my trollish behavior! It was uncalled for and I feel bad for doing such. We are partaking in a writing program known as Nanowrimo YWP and there is no minimum but she wants us to try for 45,000.

I want to apologize for my trollish behavior! It was uncalled for and I feel bad for doing such. We are partaking in a writing program known as Nanowrimo YWP and there is no minimum but she wants us to try for 45,000.
I think if you would have been a bit more specific the first time around, this thread wouldn't have gone the way it did :) You have to be very careful when you word things as anything can come off as trolling if you're aren't.

I see that it was for November, but this is very good information. I appreciate you posting it.

Was going to say it may be NaNoWriMo but she already said that. There's a club that does it at my school. Even though it's supposed to be for November people basically do it whenever from what I understand. But I can't imagine it being graded.... I mean my teachers can hardly get a multiple choice test on a scantron graded in a reasonable amount of time.

Was going to say it may be NaNoWriMo but she already said that. There's a club that does it at my school. Even though it's supposed to be for November people basically do it whenever from what I understand. But I can't imagine it being graded.... I mean my teachers can hardly get a multiple choice test on a scantron graded in a reasonable amount of time.
Off topic but scantrons are the devil.

I had class canceled today so my teacher could grade a test from before Thanksgiving break..

Back