OT Random But Hoco Is Here! Any Ideas On How To Ask Someone? :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think the huge homecoming and prom invites have gotten out of hand. I think it comes off as staged and more than a little self serving, like "hey, look at how awesome I am" People aren't really doing it for the person they are asking, but for everyone else to go "wow, that was awesome".

I think the huge homecoming and prom invites have gotten out of hand. I think it comes off as staged and more than a little self serving, like "hey, look at how awesome I am" People aren't really doing it for the person they are asking, but for everyone else to go "wow, that was awesome".

I agree. I'm NOT a fan. My boys (2 graduated, one a junior) have been much less likely to want to go to formal dances based on this extra pressure.

I would've felt so bad for him if she said no, he kinda put himself out there in front of the whole school and went through a lot of trouble to be able to do that
I mean, he had no choice... I would hate to be in that position if I didn't like the guy.

Not meant as a diss, but why all of a sudden has asking someone to a dance need to be such a production? I was asked to prom by "hey, Leah, I would really like to go to prom with you, will you go with me" or something along those lines and honestly that was fine.
I agree. Maybe it was because we were dating, but my boyfriend at the time and I just kinda assumed we would be going together to homecoming and prom each year. No need to ask or anything, and I thought that was perfectly fine. I really don't understand the need for all the huge productions of asking someone, even if you aren't together.

HC and Prom asks were a big to do. I was so lucky to go without both, I'd hate it.

I liked it if it was a new couple, or something but not when people have been dating since 9th grade. Like my friend who asked her younger bf of 3 years to prom on the jumbotron at Wizard's final game, in the front row.

My friends are huge drama queens and literally the whole "when's he asking me to hoco/prom" thing was sickening. Especially if they demanded it and their bfs/potential bfs was doing it grudgingly.

HC and Prom asks were a big to do. I was so lucky to go without both, I'd hate it.

I liked it if it was a new couple, or something but not when people have been dating since 9th grade. Like my friend who asked her younger bf of 3 years to prom on the jumbotron at Wizard's final game, in the front row.

My friends are huge drama queens and literally the whole "when's he asking me to hoco/prom" thing was sickening. Especially if they demanded it and their bfs/potential bfs was doing it grudgingly.
In that case, the girls want attention and validation from their peers.

In that case, the girls want attention and validation from their peers.

I don't even think that our opinions are what they cared about. It was for their partners to prove that they cared about them enough. Granted this wasn't a thing when I was a freshman to ask people to HoCo but I want to say my junior year it became a thing to ask someone to the major dances. I was so confused because I always figured that if someone was dating someone it was a given, but nope it is just a grand gesture to prove admiration. I was petrified of the attention, and prayed to get not get asked or to get asked in a casual way.

I only feel strongly about HoCo asks because they are way too elaborate pre-prom. Prom asks are good, but they have limits.

I don't even think that our opinions are what they cared about. It was for their partners to prove that they cared about them enough. Granted this wasn't a thing when I was a freshman to ask people to HoCo but I want to say my junior year it became a thing to ask someone to the major dances. I was so confused because I always figured that if someone was dating someone it was a given, but nope it is just a grand gesture to prove admiration. I was petrified of the attention, and prayed to get not get asked or to get asked in a casual way.

I only feel strongly about HoCo asks because they are way too elaborate pre-prom. Prom asks are good, but they have limits.
SMH why are some girls so insecure? Him being there for you in your times of need is proof that he loves you.

seriously you are asking someone to a dance, not marriage.... :rolleyes: i don't understand the over the top homecoming proposals. flowers or something maybe small and unique is fine, but do you really need a jumbotron :confused: i didnt start going to homecoming till my junior and senior year and had a boyfriend at the time so i never was or had to ask to begin with.

Back