All-Star Rescoring Of Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

KikiD22

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
So, after this weekend, I'm curious... How many on here have had a routine rescored at a competition, the score changed, and it impacted the final team placements, either before or after the awards ceremony? I'm not going to go into a lot of details, since I posted elsewhere, but it's happened to my CP's team twice this season (once they moved up a spot, once they didn't), both with the same competition company. I'm just interested to know how frequently this actually happens.

earlier in our season our level 3 team did amazing and hit wonderfully and they ended up losing to a team with many mistakes and less difficulty. Everyone was totally confused and our coaches demanded they rescore them and they ended moving up to first. We usually never had problems with this company though.

So last year, my current gym's senior 3 (i wasn't at the gym last year) hit a near perfect routine at the us finals. So of course they were dissappointed when they go 2nd. Almost everyone had left, and they found out the mixed up the scores! the team had actually gottn 1st! and the other team had left with the jackets and everything!!

So last year, my current gym's senior 3 (i wasn't at the gym last year) hit a near perfect routine at the us finals. So of course they were dissappointed when they go 2nd. Almost everyone had left, and they found out the mixed up the scores! the team had actually gottn 1st! and the other team had left with the jackets and everything!!
Awwh! That's terrible :(

last year at a nationals, the judges did not give us points for maxing out level 4 stunts even though we did almost everything possible. after day 1 we were in second and our coaches asked them to rethink how they judged our stunting section. the company agreed to keep a careful eye day 2 and if we shouldve gotten maxed out points, we would get them back for day 1 and 2. we hit the routine, got our points back, and it turned out we shouldve been in first all along

I was at the same competition this past weekend and we hit and were really confused as to why we got 2nd. It turns out the judges scored us as a team with 20 when we only had 18, which messed up our scores. Once everybody from our awards session had left our coaches talked to the judges and they ended up giving us sweatshirts and medals. But it's really frustrating because at this competition this had been done numerous times for a lot of teams.

There must have been something in the air last weekend!! We also got re-scored. This happened at our coaches request (after seeing the docked us for not having enough tumblers when we did). I have to admit that this was the first I have ever heard of this happening (it could have happened to us before but I was never friends with the coaches and didn't find out). I must admit....I was appaled to hear that our coaches had done that!! Yes, it was in our favor and they did mis-count, but I had no idea any coach would question a judges score. I have no idea what/if any impact there was on the awards because this happened the first day.

Every year you learn something new. Guess that was my item to learn this year!! :)

Back