OT Royal Wedding

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Im excited. But then again im British :)

Do you guys think we're crazy for being way over here in the US and still excited about it?

(***Note--I already know you think we're crazy anyway...but are we extra crazy for this? :p)

I just want to see her dress. I would be satisfied with just seeing a picture later on.

The hoopla and fascination surrouding it makes me sad actually. It takes away the intimacy and the specialness of a wedding and makes it nothing more than a circus.

But clearly they want it this way. Unfortunate.

I just want to see her dress. I would be satisfied with just seeing a picture later on.

The hoopla and fascination surrouding it makes me sad actually. It takes away the intimacy and the specialness of a wedding and makes it nothing more than a circus.

But clearly they want it this way. Unfortunate.

I don't know that they personally want it this way. I think they just know (and he grew up knowing) that this is the only way. It just goes with the territory of being a Royal. Royal weddings have always been like this--for hundreds (thousands?) of years. I think if it was up to the 2 of them, they'd just run off to some deserted island and get married. I think it is sad kind of. But then again, she does get to be a princess...

Do you guys think we're crazy for being way over here in the US and still excited about it?

(***Note--I already know you think we're crazy anyway...but are we extra crazy for this? :p)

I do... but then again I'm not that excited, I just want to see her dress :p I'm not complaining about the day off school though...

I am excited, and I want to see THE dress...
Buttttt, I think I would still give up being British and having a royal wedding, to be American and be going to Worlds :)

There were 5 tornadoes this morning right in our area. We were trying to watch the local news to find out about them, but instead, we saw twenty minutes of footage of the GARMENT BAG, and then a little note about "ehhh you might wanna take shelter 'cause there's a tornado headed right for ya...BUT NOW BACK TO THE GARMENT BAG!"

Sweet priorities.

There were 5 tornadoes this morning right in our area. We were trying to watch the local news to find out about them, but instead, we saw twenty minutes of footage of the GARMENT BAG, and then a little note about "ehhh you might wanna take shelter 'cause there's a tornado headed right for ya...BUT NOW BACK TO THE GARMENT BAG!"

Sweet priorities.

I noticed that too. I mean...I AM excited about the wedding, and I'm not in an area with storms, but I'd really like to know that my friends are safe from harm first. And I'd like my friends to know that they NEED to be safe from harm--you know, if you can fit the warning in between wedding updates. :rolleyes:

Awww I love that you guys are excited.

I am going to Buckingham palace to cheer on the royal couple :) So so excited. I will be drinking pimms, eating sausage rolls and wearing a big hat.

Very proud to be british :)

Well if I cant get to worlds at least I can cheer at a big event in england tehehe. I will post some pics tomoro of the cars with Kate and William in and the festivities going on in London!
Pimms are AMAZING!

Sweet priorities.

Gosh, around here we get wall to wall coverage of the weather, to the point where it's almost a parody.

I seriously know everything there is to know about hook echoes and wall clouds, and I am not a meterologist

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Can you imagine it? Going to bed tonight a "commoner" and when you go to bed tomorrow night-you're a Princess!
I just love the whole idea. 4am is awfully early for me though, so I set the DVR and I'll watch it tomorrow night.

Back