All-Star Semi Limited Coed Vs. The Rest Of The Senior Worlds Division Teams At Nca

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I'm interested in what people think about the scoring of the Semi-Limited division at this competition. Not Top Gun should've won or Cheer Athletics should've won, but the actual numbers and the scoring of the division as a whole. ACE Warriors scored a 93.32 and won this division... However if they had that score in the Small Senior division they would've gotten 6th... Almost 7th. In the Large Senior division they would've gotten 3rd... In Large Limited CoEd they would've barely gotten 6th... I could do this for every division.

Every winner in a Senior Worlds division at NCA scored almost a 95 or better... Most scored in the 96 range... The exact average (excluding the Semi Limited CoEd division) for every team that won in a Senior Worlds division was 95.874 (if I did the math correctly... And these are the FINAL scores of these teams combined and averaged... Not RAW scores).

The highest raw score of Day 2 in the division was a 94.70 (Top Gun). Which is still lower than every team that won at NCA in a Senior Worlds division. I know scoring a 93 and a 96 seem pretty close but... just to put into perspective how much 3 points is worth in this division... It's the difference between 1st and 5th out of 9 total teams.

What are the judges saying by this? Does this mean every team in the Semi-Limited CoEd division is not where it should be in regards to all the other Worlds divisions? Are these Semi-Limited CoEd teams not hitting the scoresheet as much as every other Senior Worlds division by almost 3 whole points? Where do these teams need to step it up?

Maybe I'm the only one that noticed this... But I'd love to hear what other people think about it and why they believe this is.

I was also suprised about the scoring in this division, which really sucks that it was scored lower since they are eligible for bids, there were teams who some of the teams had beat earleir in the year in level 5 rankings at various events that scored way lower than the teams from other divisions that they had already outscored. who knows?

Happens when you have 3 different judging panels.

That's what I thought too... Until I noticed the first place team would've been lucky to get Top 5 in the majority of the Senior Worlds divisions... Wish I knew what panels judged which divisions. It would make sense (maybe... still probably not) if they had the same panel as Unlimited CoEd.

I am pretty sure the panel that judged semi ltd also judged L6 Openco and L5 IO. (just by looking at the way the schedule is set up) So Pink only had a 9.375 compared to Warriors 93.32. So they probably were consistent within the divisions they judged.

That makes sense... Just tough for those teams that were on the lower scoring panel... No paid bids for you... Sorry, wrong panel!

I noticed this as well. Would love to hear why this is. At BUTBT Semi was the highest scoring division. Although I will say that IMHO the I5 Cheer Athletics team that won it all with a 97.7 deserved to be grand champs. They blew me away!

Question. How did Unlimited Coed score in comparison to Semi?

This boggled me as well. Many of the top teams in this division including cheetahs do a mass number of unassisted coed stunts throughout their routine. But we are getting beat in stunt scores by a small all girl team that puts up five stunts? I am very confused on why our division got scored the lowest as well. :/

This also REALLY hurt Cheetahs chance at not getting a bid. Since the Paid bids went to the highest scoring team, we werent eligible since our division was scored so low. The first place team in this division would have placed way lower in any other division. Like you said.

I did not pay close enough attention to state a fact here, but could it be possible these teams did not coed stunt to the judges liking? Just a question, I just didn't look that close. With that many guys they may have been looking for near L6 stunting.

I did not pay close enough attention to state a fact here, but could it be possible these teams did not coed stunt to the judges liking? Just a question, I just didn't look that close. With that many guys they may have been looking for near L6 stunting.

Well I understand that it might not have been to the judges liking however, a coed stunt is a coed stunt and deserves some type of credit. I dont think the judeges would be looking for near level 6 stunting since we are a level 5 team. If we attempted level 6 stunts that would be illegal. lol

Please remember Im not only talking about cheetahs. Ace did very nice unassisted stunts as well. Im just not understanding how ace can put on such a show, and still would have place 6TH in small senior?!

I guess what I am thinking, and I am probably way off base, is may be they are looking for 8 to 10 unassisted stunts. Maybe they want to put the coed back in coed. Just a thought. Scores in semi ltd did seem a little low and that is the only thing that came to mind for me.

I guess what I am thinking, and I am probably way off base, is may be they are looking for 8 to 10 unassisted stunts. Maybe they want to put the coed back in coed. Just a thought. Scores in semi ltd did seem a little low and that is the only thing that came to mind for me.

What your saying probably has quite a bit of merit to it. However, if that is true.... I'm not exactly sure what people expect. It's challenging to get much deeper into CoEd stunting on a team that is only 1/3 CoEd... However I think 7 unassisted and 11 elite stunts is pretty impressive... But who knows. Not trying to keep running around the "What If..." bush, but I am just genuinely confused.

Back