Senior 4 At Worlds?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i actually dont understand why thyey cant do a worlds for every level, one it would make a lot of money. two, every team would have a chance to go to worlds?

Im NOT saying that level 4 should be able to go to worlds but, i do think that competitions like All-Levels and US Finals aren't the same. I feel like there should be a "worlds like" competition for level 4 teams. I don't think it should be aired on tv but, i do think they should be presented with a "ring, jacket, book-bag" something above the ordinary drawstring bags to recognize their hard work and dedication to their team. I feel like too much attention is for Level 5. Some people do have the potential to be on level 5 but, while working to get their skills people do get injured and if it's their last year cheering that's a tad bit upsetting.Cheering isn't just about our level 5 teams. It takes someone people on a lower level first to make our wonderful level 5 teams that we do have since we ALL know, "Cheering is NOTHING you perfect overnight" we should keep our young ones motivated with something to be the best! :)

I think CHEERSPORT and NCA are two very elite competitions that are open to all levels. Worlds should be for level 5 only. It is prestigious for a reason - in fact I would rather see the at-large bids go forfeited rather than handed down to the next highest score if declined.

i see everyone feels strongly about this lol but i disagree with the people saying that senior open 5 (restricted) shouldn't be allowed at worlds when there are "level 5" teams that go to worlds with a bunch of layouts and a few fulls and no doubles just so they can say they went rather than actually being there to contend like the team below and no discredit to them but this is a senior 5 open level routine yet this team received a bid to worlds when i see this its really not fair that senior open 5 is being punished for competing in the correct division rather than going to small comps just to get bids to say you were at worlds.

Example of Senior 5 routine that could have been senior 5 open but because of the division they registered in were allowed to compete at worlds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8WsXWXOeC4

technically, i think i counted 4 doubles. and a standing full. While standing fulls were allowed in SO5 last year, they are not allowed this year. so this is legitimately sr 5.

i see everyone feels strongly about this lol but i disagree with the people saying that senior open 5 (restricted) shouldn't be allowed at worlds when there are "level 5" teams that go to worlds with a bunch of layouts and a few fulls and no doubles just so they can say they went rather than actually being there to contend like the team below and no discredit to them but this is a senior 5 open level routine yet this team received a bid to worlds when i see this its really not fair that senior open 5 is being punished for competing in the correct division rather than going to small comps just to get bids to say you were at worlds.

Example of Senior 5 routine that could have been senior 5 open but because of the division they registered in were allowed to compete at worlds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8WsXWXOeC4
Your SO5 IS allowed at Worlds, aka Stingrays Spice. Enter a "Worlds division" and EARN a bid and compete at Worlds. Good Luck!

I've been working my butt off for seven years. I'm still only level 3. Does this make me lazy?
Some people, me for example, just aren't born with natural talent. We have to work super hard just to progress even a little bit.
I agree, thats kinda ignorant to say all senior 3/4 cheerleaders are 'lazy'. I started tumbling my freshman year (my cheer teams in middle school didn't have a tumbling requirement) with barely a roundoff and worked my butt off, and now I'm working fulls as a senior. Im not saying that level 4 should be at worlds, im just saying, have some respect. Were not all lazy. I would say the girls who have been on the same level for 4+ years are 'lazy'.

If Jr.5 isn't allowed to go to worlds, why would Sr.4 go?
Plus, In my opinion, if your a SENIOR age cheerleader, than why haven't you worked hard enough to be on a level 5 team. That's why Worlds is for level 5.
thats the most ignorant thing i've EVER heard. i've been cheering since 7th grade(im about to be a senior) I'm on senior 3 and senior 4 because of my stunting abilities but I don't tumble at all. Im in the gym 4 out of the 5 days it's open and i work SO hard to get over my block but it's just not happening. for you to say a senior aged athlete is LAZY just because they're not on a level 5 team is IGNORANT and RUDE.

I agree, thats kinda ignorant to say all senior 3/4 cheerleaders are 'lazy'. I started tumbling my freshman year (my cheer teams in middle school didn't have a tumbling requirement) with barely a roundoff and worked my butt off, and now I'm working fulls as a senior. Im not saying that level 4 should be at worlds, im just saying, have some respect. Were not all lazy. I would say the girls who have been on the same level for 4+ years are 'lazy'.
thats not true either.. like i said in my post above i've been worksing since 7th grade to get over my block, im not lazy at all and i work so hard but for whatever reason it's just not happening

thats not true either.. like i said in my post above i've been worksing since 7th grade to get over my block, im not lazy at all and i work so hard but for whatever reason it's just not happening

I agree with you. I don't think people that don't make level 4 are lazy. I love the level 4 teams. But I just don't want them at Worlds.

Just like college teams don't belong in the NBA playoffs.

I agree with you. I don't think people that don't make level 4 are lazy. I love the level 4 teams. But I just don't want them at Worlds.

oh I completely agree with that, I'm on a senior 4 team ( only because I can stunt) and I dont believe that level 4 belongs at worlds either.

I meant those that don't make level 5.

I think there should be a 'worlds like' competition for levels 3/4. I know they have US Finals and stuff but its just not the same. I also think Int. open level 4 would be a benefit for some teams from other countries (and some from ours) because I don't know about you guys.. but I saw some pretty scary fulls at worlds, and some teams I saw only had basically level four stunting, and I think if they had a level they could actually register in to fit their needs we would all be happier.. and safer campers. But Im not saying Int. Open 4 should go to worlds... I think they should go to their own. smaller. competition.

I think there should be a 'worlds like' competition for levels 3/4. I know they have US Finals and stuff but its just not the same. I also think Int. open level 4 would be a benefit for some teams from other countries (and some from ours) because I don't know about you guys.. but I saw some pretty scary fulls at worlds, and some teams I saw only had basically level four stunting, and I think if they had a level they could actually register in to fit their needs we would all be happier.. and safer campers. But Im not saying Int. Open 4 should go to worlds... I think they should go to their own. smaller. competition.

I totally am in agreement with this. Also there should be something like a "mini worlds" for the junior, youth teams that are level 5. They are fierce and need to be recongnized as well.

Back