Senior 4 At Worlds?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just give ever Lvl there own individual 'Worlds' lol But call it something else...ahaha It whould deff be intersting to see who's the best of the best at each level... But as for lvl 4 being in worlds..i dont think you chould call it worlds any more. it's always been lvl5's from what I know adding lvl 6 was odd to me but lvl 4 idk not the same 'wow' factor.

Also there should be something like a "mini worlds" for the junior, youth teams that are level 5.
I disagree. Chances are if a gym can field a Y5 or J5 then they will also have at least one S5 that those athletes can be on once they become age eligible. Their time to compete at worlds will come.

I totally am in agreement with this. Also there should be something like a "mini worlds" for the junior, youth teams that are level 5. They are fierce and need to be recongnized as well.
Oh oh and we can have like a mini worlds for minis and maybe tiny exhibition so they get the feel for worlds and something to look up too!!! Or not. NCA, Cheersport, Indy are huge comps that give plenty of recognition to fierce youth, juniors and even minis - and not just the level 5 teams. How many comps do you have to go to until you're satisfied that everyone has been kissed, cuddled and recognised for the time, effort and money they put in? There are so many "national" competitions already, do you really want to introduce MORE?!

a
technically, i think i counted 4 doubles. and a standing full. While standing fulls were allowed in SO5 last year, they are not allowed this year. so this is legitimately sr 5.
also im sure if you have a worlds subscription you can see there are many of other unworth "worlds teams

a
also im sure if you have a worlds subscription you can see there are many of other unworth "worlds teams

I never said there weren't. I can think of plenty without logging into VOD. but in that particular case, that team was competing at the correct level.

Did that team go to worlds?

They didn't go, but I don't know if they got a bid and declined.

I'm all for fewer teams at worlds and making the bid earning more difficult, but as the current system is set up, that first team did earn a bid and did compete at the level they had skills for.

I never said there weren't. I can think of plenty without logging into VOD. but in that particular case, that team was competing at the correct level.

They didn't go, but I don't know if they got a bid and declined.

I'm all for fewer teams at worlds and making the bid earning more difficult, but as the current system is set up, that first team did earn a bid and did compete at the level they had skills for.

Oh okay, yeah that would be ridiculous if they went, I mean, they would make a good level 4 team, just not level 5.

Oh okay, yeah that would be ridiculous if they went, I mean, they would make a good level 4 team, just not level 5.
you also have to remember, that if this was a small local competition, which it kind of looked like, some smaller gyms may bump up a level just for fun to let kids throw passes they usually can't...

you also have to remember, that if this was a small local competition, which it kind of looked like, some smaller gyms may bump up a level just for fun to let kids throw passes they usually can't...
But if they actually bumped up a level wouldn't their stunts be different? they wouldn't have arabian downs ( i think thats what I saw) or double downs out of one legged stunts.

I saw a level 4 team enter themselves as a level 5 team once just for fun. Guess what? They ended up getting an at large bid to worlds. They didn't get past the first round at World's....but they got to step foot on the mat and had a wonderful experience. Level 4 should never be competing at World's. If they can manage to go as a spectator...they would understand why they don't belong there.

But if they actually bumped up a level wouldn't their stunts be different? they wouldn't have arabian downs ( i think thats what I saw) or double downs out of one legged stunts.

if they bumped up a level they may have changed their stunts too--and you can't arabian down in level 5.

I agree with everyone else - level 4 shouldn't be at Worlds. I've been on both levels 4 and 5, so I know what it's like to be at Worlds and I know what it's like to desperately wish you were there. It really makes getting there so much more satisfying.

I also think it's really silly to give every level "their own kind of worlds." That's like saying hey, let's give all college/high school athletes their own Olympics. What makes Worlds so prestigious is that not many people get to go. It takes a lot of hard work and talented athletes to get there. If you want to go to Worlds so badly, start working hard - don't start creating look-alike competitions to make you feel better.

Back