All-Star Senior Elite......taking Vegas From Celine!?!?!?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love how you start conversations with a disclaimer and then do the very thing you say it isn't meant to do...IE...our PM.....sometimes less is more...IMO

i 100% remember imrichhowboutu saying this EXACT word for word quote on the last thread about whichever team was auditioning at the time (which wasn't SE). Whether or not he is an SE fan doesn't matter here. he honestly makes a good point. think about how exhausting those 2 minutes and 30 seconds are. this is a TWO hour performance. daily. unless the routine is laid out more like a cirque de soleil performance (which vegas already has plenty of), i don't see it working for vegas which is why cheerleaders will never win. i really don't think production would let them win because their primary concern is the end profit. outside of the cheerleading world, a cheerleading show would not be very profitable.

either way, congratulations and good luck to SE. I hope the experience turns out to be everything and more for them. and, at the very least, maybe they'll get to see celine while they're in vegas. :)

i 100% remember imrichhowboutu saying this EXACT word for word quote on the last thread about whichever team was auditioning at the time (which wasn't SE). Whether or not he is an SE fan doesn't matter here. he honestly makes a good point. think about how exhausting those 2 minutes and 30 seconds are. this is a TWO hour performance. daily. unless the routine is laid out more like a cirque de soleil performance (which vegas already has plenty of), i don't see it working for vegas which is why cheerleaders will never win. i really don't think production would let them win because their primary concern is the end profit. outside of the cheerleading world, a cheerleading show would not be very profitable.

either way, congratulations and good luck to SE. I hope the experience turns out to be everything and more for them. and, at the very least, maybe they'll get to see celine while they're in vegas. :)
You guys clearly did not understand my commemt

Im sorry but if i had a chance to be on AGT i would take it in a heart beat. It is practice for them too people. Performing infront of thousands of people who know nothing about cheerleading is nerve racking.
Exactly! It was stated skills would have to toned down because of the flooring and its not like they will be throwing doubles everywhere so is that the impression of allstar cheer we want out there.

I'm with Rich. There is no way that the masses would want to watch a 2 hour cheerleading routine. I can barely get my non-cheer friends and family to sit through my teams which is like 10 minutes.

its such an amazing opportunity they get to do something like this.. i dont think there being "cocky", they just are making the best out of this year and living it to the fullest. they know they have strong competitiors and need to work hard, which they do. this is just another thing they can do for an amazing experience with an amazing team. courtney is smart, she'll do what's best for her team. i love senior elite, and congrats to them!

You guys clearly did not understand my commemt

I don't think I understand your comment then either.

I don't think that statement was directed as one of those typical attacks on SE but rather an actual valid point that would apply for any cheer team trying out.

Auditioning for the show would be fun for short term entertainment (yay we get to see cheerleading on network tv) but in the longrun them winning would have no viability.

I don't think I understand your comment then either.

I don't think that statement was directed as one of those typical attacks on SE but rather an actual valid point that would apply for any cheer team trying out.

Auditioning for the show would be fun for short term entertainment (yay we get to see cheerleading on network tv) but in the longrun them winning would have no viability.
NVM...good luck to SR. Elite....from a marketing standpoint... I would imagine AGT is tapping into a large block of fans by teasing with a cheer team....Im sure market share and fan base research are factored in on this one..:)

NVM...good luck to SR. Elite....from a marketing standpoint... I would imagine AGT is tapping into a large block of fans by teasing with a cheer team....Im sure market share and fan base research are factored in on this one..:)

Yes. It will cool to see them on TV but the final prize of 2 hr show in Vegas just doesn't make sense for an all star cheer team ....let alone 12-18 yr olds. So I guess the view from the post (and mine as well) is why would any (not just SE) cheer team let the 2 seconds of fame on AGT shroud the chance of winning Worlds?

Anyway. Pure speculation as I don't think any of us know the real circumstances around this opportunity....but as a SE fan I wish them well!

Yes. It will cool to see them on TV but the final prize of 2 hr show in Vegas just doesn't make sense for an all star cheer team ....let alone 12-18 yr olds. So I guess the view from the post (and mine as well) is why would any (not just SE) cheer team let the 2 seconds of fame on AGT shroud the chance of winning Worlds?

Anyway. Pure speculation as I don't think any of us know the real circumstances around this opportunity....but as a SE fan I wish them well!
from a selfish side...it will be great for our sport:)

I don't think the goal would necessarily be to win AGT and get the show in Vegas. I think it would be to put themselves out there and advertise the sport. Shouldn't we all be happy about that? You all take every opportunity to try and validate allstar as a sport, yet when a recognizable team gets a chance to show everyone outside the cheer world how much talent allstar takes, we all want to keep it to ourselves and say that nobody would ever want to watch it. Did everyone just begin loving gymnastics and figure skating and football as soon as they saw it the very first time? Some yes, but for many more, no. You learn about the sport from watching it, and think of ways to improve it and grow it. Sometimes the best way to develop the sport even further is to ask people who don't like/understand it about what's wrong with it or what could change to make it more eye-catching and legitimate. One of the best ways to do that may be to put it on prime time television and listen to the feedback.

Stars did Glee, F5 did AGT, but for SE to do it it'd be "a bad idea". Maybe a small break is exactly what they need! Let the coaches/athletes ruin their chances at worlds if you think that's what's going to happen. Besides, like I said, they got invited, nobody said they're even 100% pursuing it yet. Isn't that like the week or two before Cheersport? Who knows what they'll do yet.

If I remember part of the reason F5 footage got cut was because Hasselhoff made a suggestive comment...
I wonder if that thread was on this board or the old imissprox board?
And just cause I am feeling nostalgic...WHOADEEDLE!!!!!

This is true. He actually said that the girls needed to sex it up a little and my jaw hit the floor. I'm thinking "isn't that inappropriate to say to junior high and high school girls?", Piers Morgan said "You look like a bunch hyper puppy dogs" and all I could do was shake my head and laugh. The girls were very disappointed but I hind site everyone was glad they didn't make it.

I feel like it's rare enough opportunity, that if its presented, it should be taken just for the experience alone.

Anybody who has watched AGT (I've watched every season), knows they field plenty of acts that could never support an hour or two hour show; or even realistically perform at all. There's been tons of child acts, that logistically coudn't perform a Vegas show regularly. So I don't think you shouldn't read too deeply into that "prize". Plus there are most likely opportunities to be an opening act for someone else anyway, that would certainly not necessitate a long performance time. Also evident, and this is not directed at SE or any all star team that would attempt a tryout; it's obvious that some acts are clearly cast with no potential as winners, and that ideally they want as wide a range of acts even without intending to target any specific demographic.

With that said, IF and all star team ever wanted a real shot at winning, IMO, they'd need to take all the elements of cheer, but package it as something else. With some strong choreography, it could easily be made into a Vegas act. It would lack the variety, but think Cirque Du Soleil. A good example is that acrobatic group from last season. They had a neat act with ladders one week, but kind of blew it with doing too much with people just bouncing off a trampoline in another.

I think anytime you put yourself out there on a reality show (and make no mistake, AGT is as much as a reality show as it is a talent show) you leave yourself open to the whims of the producers of that show. There's no guarantee that any cheer squad that tries out for that show would even get airtime on TV, much less exposure that's positive.

But I hate reality TV, so take what I say with a huge grain of salt.

Enjoying this thread.. Suggestions on what we should do? They assigned them a private audition after discovering youtube videos..they have 90 seconds on 9 strips. Thinking about bringing back 2010 pyramid music .. particularly ironic since it references being "x'd out". We haven't thought it through past being a lucky opportunity with potential great exposure for the sport and a unique chance to perform under a different kind of pressure.

you guys read into stuff way too far. my field hockey team goes on a trip every season to get bonding time together. we pick any area we want (ny, boston, the beach) and go for the weekend. it creates great chemistry with a team (not saying they don't already have it) but my team has come in 1st place all four years of my high school career including 2 regional championships and a state championship. bonding with your team mates is very important if you want success. (sabotage thread?) so taking a weekend out of their "practice" time isn't going to hurt anyone. if you don't have it by then, then you don't have it at all.

Back