All-Star Senior Elite......taking Vegas From Celine!?!?!?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Good luck to them! I don't think their goal is to win the show obviously. They'll be working even harder now to be prepared for the show. I don't know why people would think this is just a free pass to slow down on practices...

You guys clearly did not understand my commemt

i guess i didn't understand what you meant. and maybe this isn't the thread to discuss the logistics of an all star team going on America's got Talent and having a show in Vegas. (I still stand by my previous statement on that topic)

I do think AGT provides SE with a unique opportunity and one that not many people will ever get the chance to take, so why not take it? I think it is encouraging that as Ceacoach says - AGT found them (instead of them auditioning on their own).. so hopefully that will prove to be a positive for everyone. Exposure would be a good thing for the industry, but with all good things comes bad. I am only being pessimistic because as others have stated, when F5 did this in the past the judges had suggestive/sexual/rude comments. Not saying the girls on SE can't take some criticism - it is the suggestive part that bothers me. Makes me think of the ESPN article (which I believe followed a mini/youth CEA team?) That seemed like something good and in turn, the article was some sort of toddlers and tiaras spin-off. That is what concerns me about this.

But hey, if they end up getting air time, maybe they'll inspire at least one little girl or boy in the audience to sign up for all star cheerleading.:)

I don't think the goal would necessarily be to win AGT and get the show in Vegas. I think it would be to put themselves out there and advertise the sport. Shouldn't we all be happy about that? You all take every opportunity to try and validate allstar as a sport, yet when a recognizable team gets a chance to show everyone outside the cheer world how much talent allstar takes, we all want to keep it to ourselves and say that nobody would ever want to watch it. Did everyone just begin loving gymnastics and figure skating and football as soon as they saw it the very first time? Some yes, but for many more, no. You learn about the sport from watching it, and think of ways to improve it and grow it. Sometimes the best way to develop the sport even further is to ask people who don't like/understand it about what's wrong with it or what could change to make it more eye-catching and legitimate. One of the best ways to do that may be to put it on prime time television and listen to the feedback.

Stars did Glee, F5 did AGT, but for SE to do it it'd be "a bad idea". Maybe a small break is exactly what they need! Let the coaches/athletes ruin their chances at worlds if you think that's what's going to happen. Besides, like I said, they got invited, nobody said they're even 100% pursuing it yet. Isn't that like the week or two before Cheersport? Who knows what they'll do yet.
omg. i love you. everything I wanted to say is right here in black and white. thank you for this! :cookie:

I would love to see a cheer team on AGT, they show it over there too. But cheerdance/dance teams always make it further than cheer teams, at least it's been like that here... The most talented group stunts and partner stunts have been on the show but didn't make from the first tryout, but cheerdance teams got to the semi final both in Sweden and Norway (nothing against them, I just like cheerleading better).

Enjoying this thread.. Suggestions on what we should do? They assigned them a private audition after discovering youtube videos..they have 90 seconds on 9 strips. Thinking about bringing back 2010 pyramid music .. particularly ironic since it references being "x'd out". We haven't thought it through past being a lucky opportunity with potential great exposure for the sport and a unique chance to perform under a different kind of pressure.
Pfft....barring any conflicts with cheer, I'd totally do it! Anything beyond the experience itself is just gravy. Even if your goal IS to win, and it doesn't happen; it's the entertainment industry. You never know what other possibilities for other opportunities may come of it, whether it be for the gym or team as a whole, or even individual talent that may raise someone's eyebrow.

Does no one remember that adult cheer team that was on there with flipping baskets and lvl 6 pyramids...however that was the only impressive thing about them....and they got cut by the fans...not the judges if i remember correctly...its hard to win cheer. Heck its hard to win agt at all unless you are a singer. A singer has won the show for the past like 4 or 5 years. If the silhouettes or fighting gravity can't win that show...I hardly think a cheer team can.

I'm going to clue you into something about the entertainment industry: It's all about EXPOSURE. BUZZ. Why do you think some 'celebs' are CONSTANTLY in trash mags? They get PAID for their buzz, which sells those magazines. (Really, do you CONSTANTLY think xyz celeb is cheating on abc with mno? Hardly.) Why do certain celebs hit up certain clubs/bars/events? For buzz and exposure! Now I'm not meaning this in a bad way-but this is a chance for GOOD cheerleading buzz! People see these girls and go 'Hey- that looks cool, I wanna do that.' Besides, love them or hate them, CEA SE is one of THE most talked about teams both here and in general cheer. AC just drops the 'cheerlebrity' word and little girls are FLOCKING to their TVs to watch the episode they're in..Clearly someone at AGT noticed the view count for their youtube vids and decided to try to capitalize on that. Plus, it'd be a fun experience. Competing in front of people who know NOTHING about cheer..that's a whole different ballgame. Will they last long? Probably not, but that isn't the point. AGT gets people to watch BECAUSE of them, and hopes those viewers fall in love with someone else that they'll stay for. It's how it works..

I'm going to clue you into something about the entertainment industry: It's all about EXPOSURE. BUZZ. Why do you think some 'celebs' are CONSTANTLY in trash mags? They get PAID for their buzz, which sells those magazines. (Really, do you CONSTANTLY think xyz celeb is cheating on abc with mno? Hardly.) Why do certain celebs hit up certain clubs/bars/events? For buzz and exposure! Now I'm not meaning this in a bad way-but this is a chance for GOOD cheerleading buzz! People see these girls and go 'Hey- that looks cool, I wanna do that.' Besides, love them or hate them, CEA SE is one of THE most talked about teams both here and in general cheer. AC just drops the 'cheerlebrity' word and little girls are FLOCKING to their TVs to watch the episode they're in..Clearly someone at AGT noticed the view count for their youtube vids and decided to try to capitalize on that. Plus, it'd be a fun experience. Competing in front of people who know NOTHING about cheer..that's a whole different ballgame. Will they last long? Probably not, but that isn't the point. AGT gets people to watch BECAUSE of them, and hopes those viewers fall in love with someone else that they'll stay for. It's how it works..

I agree. I hope they do it if anything for the publicity of cheerleading itself. I just think its a stretch saying they are going to make it to vegas. I hope they get air time though!!

I agree. I hope they do it if anything for the publicity of cheerleading itself. I just think its a stretch saying they are going to make it to vegas. I hope they get air time though!!
I would appreciate the ridiculousness of SE being in Vegas WITH Celine though. Come on, that'd be hilarious!

If anyone ever thought that Allstar Cheer was NOT a competitive sport, they know it now from reading this thread! :rolleyes: But, for me, winning is not the end all and be all of my CP being a part of this game. The AGT opportunity, like The Majors, is another coin, in the piggybank of a life well lived. From, CS Jackets, to Dallas jacket, to making it day 2 at her first Worlds, to making SE and competiting against the best of the best at the Majors, to now, possibly, auditioning for AGT; all of these are memories that when added together, make a childhood full of amazing and unique experiences!

Look, none of us knows where life will take us from one moment to the next. If we're smart, we're grateful to God for simply being allowed to participate in it all. So, when things like this crop up (and it's a rare surprise when they do), if you don't, at least take a good look at it for your children, you might want to check your pulse to see if you're still living any kind of a life. Because as corny as it sounds, it is true that the journey is usually far more exciting and memorable than the destination!

Stars did Glee, F5 did AGT, but for SE to do it it'd be "a bad idea". Maybe a small break is exactly what they need! Let the coaches/athletes ruin their chances at worlds if you think that's what's going to happen. Besides, like I said, they got invited, nobody said they're even 100% pursuing it yet. Isn't that like the week or two before Cheersport? Who knows what they'll do yet.

i don't mean to hijack the thread (i wish SE the best of luck on AGT) but when were stars on glee? haha i'm not a fan of the show but i would've loved to watch it if they were on!

i mean... they will have to have a new routine every week. how will that work?! :confused:
good point... especially when they are training for more important things (Dallas, Worlds) wouldn't a new routine every week be extremely hard? I mean if they can find a way to do it AWESOME, but I can't see it happening unless if they don' do full routines or something.

Back