High School Seniors On Jv?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Seniors should be put on JV?

• Total voters
if you don't make varsity football (which requires tumbling) by senior year, then you're placed on varsity basketball your senior year at my school.

Its not really competition, its football season. There's a separate try-out for competition.

oh? the coach just let her buy a varsity uniform?

Basically, I mean she is one of the sweetest girls and very supportive of all the girls on the team always helping motivate and encourage them, however she and her mother knew she would never get to compete with them because she just didn't have the skill. She had cheered on JV all the way through High School. I think there are always exceptions to every rule but in 99% of the cases if the Sr doesn't cut it than sorry, it's just how it is.

At my school, Seniors can't even try out for JV.
Seniors & Juniors tryout for Varsity Football & either they make Varsity or they don't.
Sophomores (&Starting this year, Freshman) tryout for JV football & either they make JV or they don't.
But anyone is allowed to try out for Basketball cheerleading which is much easier to make because the standards are much lower.

in south Carolina no senior can be on jv. ever. so our coach made it to where we were a "no cut" team unless your a senior. then if you don't have your stuff good bye.

Unless a senior wants to be on JV I wouldn't put a senior on JV. However, these girls may not compete. I will cut before this point if needed.

I think that's crazy. Motion placement is a lot harder to teach than tumbling. I haven't read all the post so I'm sorry if you've already answered this, but did you make Varsity your junior year?

I know it's a different sport, but I've heard if you don't make our soccer team as a senior they just don't put you on a team. I think I would kind of prefer that and be able to have a good senior year than to cheer for freshmen/sophomores that I have no connection with. We also have one team for the whole season so it's a little different.

vanessa- said:
I think that's crazy. Motion placement is a lot harder to teach than tumbling. I haven't read all the post so I'm sorry if you've already answered this, but did you make Varsity your junior year?

I know it's a different sport, but I've heard if you don't make our soccer team as a senior they just don't put you on a team. I think I would kind of prefer that and be able to have a good senior year than to cheer for freshmen/sophomores that I have no connection with. We also have one team for the whole season so it's a little different.

Motion placement is harder to teach than tumbling? Really?

In our school you have to attempt a standing backhanspring to be put on varsity, if you're a senior and you do not attempt a backhanspring you are not put on varsity or jv. I think it kind of sucks because some girls are really strong in stunting but get kicked off because of tumbling:(

Back