All-Star Strength Exercises For Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Hi, my daughter is a flyer. She is pretty flexible, but really needs to improve her strength. I have heard planks are good for flyers. How long should you hold them & how often should you do them? What else do you recommend. Please be specific as to how many, how long, how many repetitions, daily, twice a day, etc. Thanks a ton!

Are these strengfth drills or just flexibility drills?

when she does heel stretches have her let go of her leg and hold it up count to 10, do it every day! you can have her do jumping jacks. Sounds silly but if she does 2 sets of 25 every day her leg muscles will build and it will be easier to hold everything.

The pictures/videos don't show up. They just have an x on them. ????
Aw man, sorry about that. It loads slowly on my computer so it's probably just a problem with the website
They work for me. Maybe try another browser.
They are super duper slow though.
But they are all things I would have suggested.

this helps for standing up fast in stunts and is a good leg workout:
step up onto a chair and then come down one leg at a time

Anything specific for keeping her hips straight / in line? She said the coach told her she kept popping her hip out in the heel stretch to bow in arrow today. She can do it nicely on the ground, but cocks it out when up in the air.

Does anyone have a link for the same ideas for BOYS???
Strengthening for Tumbling and Basing Stunts???

Does anyone have a link for the same ideas for BOYS???
Strengthening for Tumbling and Basing Stunts???

Sorry, I don't have any good tips. You might want to try & ask on the College forum.

Back