OT Tattoo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 21, 2013
What is the best "cheer-friendly" area to get a tattoo? I'm trying to get some ideas because I really want to get a small one for my 18th birthday. I like several designs and patterns but not sure what is still in-style as far as where to get it done...every website says something different.

I have both arms (no problem, uniforms are long sleeve), ankle (had to wear a brace so no problem) and then i have one on the side of my hip up to the waist. This one can't be covered completely with an uniform, but i only wear my uniform for performances and mostly nugget in the back (do stunts or pyramid).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Side if the rib cage, booty, between the breasticles.

hehe.

I wasn't so sure about the rib cage tat, but after seeing some low-key designs it is def growing on me. Still considering the hip or wrist.

hehe.

I wasn't so sure about the rib cage tat, but after seeing some low-key designs it is def growing on me. Still considering the hip or wrist.
Personally I wouldn't go with the wrist, not just for cheer reasons. Like think about when get a job. When you go to shake hands in an interview the first thing they will see is your tattoo (unless you're wearing sleeves that are long and won't ride up). I guess that doesn't really matter if it's not on your hand shaking wrist. Just something to think about :)

Personally I wouldn't go with the wrist, not just for cheer reasons. Like think about when get a job. When you go to shake hands in an interview the first thing they will see is your tattoo (unless you're wearing sleeves that are long and won't ride up). I guess that doesn't really matter if it's not on your hand shaking wrist. Just something to think about :)

In theory this makes sense, and this is what should happen! But I can say that I have a decently small wrist tattoo (one word, but takes up the horizontal length) and seriously no one ever notices it unless I point it out to them! I do also have it on my left wrist, so shaking hands isn't a problem but I'm constantly surprised by how little people notice it and how surprised people are when they see it after months of talking to me!
I would totally recommend a wrist tattoo personally :)

In theory this makes sense, and this is what should happen! But I can say that I have a decently small wrist tattoo (one word, but takes up the horizontal length) and seriously no one ever notices it unless I point it out to them! I do also have it on my left wrist, so shaking hands isn't a problem but I'm constantly surprised by how little people notice it and how surprised people are when they see it after months of talking to me!
I would totally recommend a wrist tattoo personally :)
A girl in my high school got a tattoo of a pig holding a heart on her right wrist because "because it was cute". I remember her complaining about people always asking about it lol

I imagine shoulder blades are pretty work/cheer friendly. My best friend has one on her shoulder blade and I forget about it all the time because I so rarely see her in spaghetti strap shirts..

Something else you may want to consider is would you want the tattoo in your wedding pictures? It might just be me being old fashioned, but I'm reaching the age where friends are starting to get married and personally, I'm not a huge fan of seeing a giant tat with a pretty dress. If it's something super meaningful to you/your family and you want it to be in pictures then great, but I know girls with ridiculous sayings or symbols they loved at 18 and regret at 25 and are paying tons of money to have them retouched out of engagement/wedding photos

The Fierce Board App!

Something else you may want to consider is would you want the tattoo in your wedding pictures? It might just be me being old fashioned, but I'm reaching the age where friends are starting to get married and personally, I'm not a huge fan of seeing a giant tat with a pretty dress. If it's something super meaningful to you/your family and you want it to be in pictures then great, but I know girls with ridiculous sayings or symbols they loved at 18 and regret at 25 and are paying tons of money to have them retouched out of engagement/wedding photos

The Fierce Board App!

THIS! I totally agree with this. The only tattoos that I got before getting married were ones that I knew would not compromise the type of wedding dress that I could get. think about the future with your art.

i love the wrist tats, as long as it is small and a good design. My friend has one and covers it up with a watch sometimes or in cheer she wears an underarmor wrist band in our school colors, and wore pink for BC awareness in october. Ribcage tats are cool too, too edgy for me but its all personal taste, i like them alot just wouldn't get one. If you go for the hip or pelvic area, plan it out around how your uniform looks. unless you have a super low rise skirt it prolly would not show, a normal rise skirt would cover it, but just to be safe look at yourself in the mirror in uniform to see if your sides or stomach peek out at all. If you notice my profile pic my uniform sometimes shows a line of skin all around my waist when I am in cheer movements, so make sure if anything shows that it's not wear your tat would be. I'd even get it after cheering is done if your a senior.

Back