OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
The script doesn't call for them right now.

But if their last name is "Hunt" then they'll be back in a few episodes.

I can't keep all of the Sarah's straight

It is :)

Chloe has always been my favorite---I actually enjoy her dancing so much more than I do Maddie's though I see Maddie's appeal. I'm so happy she went to a real studio...surprisingly enough, that was Kendall's old studio. Stupid Jill.

It is :)

Chloe has always been my favorite---I actually enjoy her dancing so much more than I do Maddie's though I see Maddie's appeal. I'm so happy she went to a real studio...surprisingly enough, that was Kendall's old studio. Stupid Jill.

Yeah I've seen newer videos that Studio 19 has posted of Chloe dancing and actually looked like a teenaged dancer. None of that waking around on her toes waving your arms up and down opposite of each other that Abby seems to love.

There was also a video of her doing hip hop and holding her own. I remember Abby/Christy saying that Chloe couldn't do that style

Every Tuesday right before the new episode airs, Lifetime shows the "choreographer's cut" of the previous week's show. It shows the full routines the girls compete instead of the edited version. I've started recording that one and fast forwarding through the show to just see them dance.

None of that waking around on her toes waving your arms up and down opposite of each other that Abby seems love.
I despise that move! And the fact that they are still doing that move in every dance even in last weeks episode. Someone should make a video of all the times they use that ridiculous move just to prove the point of how over used their choreography is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I despise that move! And the fact that they are still doing that move in every dance even in last weeks episode. Someone should make a video of all the times they use that ridiculous move just to prove the point of how over used their choreography is.

Someone made a video about 2 years ago of the most common dance moms moves and thAt was included

I'll see if I can find it

That and laying on your stomach and kicking your legs with a kissy face :banghead:

That and laying on your stomach and kicking your legs with a kissy face :banghead:

And ending the routine sitting down, putting your hand on your heart, and gazing off into the distance. It's in like every solo Maddie does. No wonder she always wins. She does the same moves in a different order every week. She's essentially had the same routine for years.

Someone made a video about 2 years ago of the most common dance moms moves and thAt was included

I'll see if I can find it

It has much to do with how the girl's do a 'different' dance every week. Abby focus' so much on technical names because of how she teaches, but during booty camp they get taught several combos and each week is just a revamp of those same combos. When they actually compete at Jump and Nova they're performing their 'real' routines.

Also, fwiw, the girl's just competed in Jump and the ALDC did very well in the mini and junior category, but not so hot in the teen and senior division...I'm talking 50+ numbers under the ALDC. I remember when the senior's had a thing with Maddie and were really strong---it seems that those good kids have yet to be replaced with good kids; which is sad. It's like having an amazing LVL 5 team at your gym, but everyone on your Youth 2 team throwing janktastic bhs'.

And ending the routine sitting down, putting your hand on your heart, and gazing off into the distance. It's in like every solo Maddie does. No wonder she always wins. She does the same moves in a different order every week. She's essentially had the same routine for years.
Kalani pulls that off beautifully though.

It has much to do with how the girl's do a 'different' dance every week. Abby focus' so much on technical names because of how she teaches, but during booty camp they get taught several combos and each week is just a revamp of those same combos. When they actually compete at Jump and Nova they're performing their 'real' routines.

I've seen their real dance routines vs the dance mom show routines. The commentary on their repeated moves is mainly speaking to the fact that these routines are not actually competitive on the real dance world and basically why they "win" at the dance mom show competitions that are Lifetime recruits other studios to
Come to

re the repetitive movements in the choreography, in Abby's defense, a lot of comp studio have their "signature moves" that are seen in a lot of their routines. It just starts to get that way when the same 3-4 people are putting together over 100 numbers a year. I'm sure if someone wanted to put in the effort, they could make a video just like this for CP's dance studio (as well as a couple other big studios around me that we know their moves well enough that we just expect to see them in all their routines - like there is the "studio 123" leap they always do, etc.). It's almost an argument for switching studios a few times during your dance career just so you can learn some different moves. It's also an aurgument for bringing in outside choreographers once in a while to get some different stuff.

I've seen their real dance routines vs the dance mom show routines. The commentary on their repeated moves is mainly speaking to the fact that these routines are not actually competitive on the real dance world and basically why they "win" at the dance mom show competitions that are Lifetime recruits other studios to
Come to

Not to mention that those competitions were formed for the show because actual legit competition circuits that have a solid foundation in the dance world began barring them from filming---they could attend as long as Lifetime didn't go too. It's why Starpower disappeared and why Jump and Nuvo will never be on the show.

Latest posts

Back