All-Star The Wire Article On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As an outsider I don't expect her to know the different between a panther and a wildcat, but as a writer I think she should have done a better job knowing her facts. Like she had to go to Cami's Instagram to take that picture and in her bio it says "spirit of Texas". Maybe she doesn't know what SOT is a first but a simple google search will clear that up real quick. Idk, I guess if I was a writer I'd triple check my facts before publishing because I wouldn't want any stupid mistakes to make me look like less of a writer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I knew as soon as I posted that that people were going to bring up it being part of being a writer.

I guess I don't think of this as "writing" and publishing. If I was writing an article for a real magazine I would check my facts. If I was doing a blurb about cheerlebities for thewire.com, that was supposed to convince the world that cheerleaders freak out about the silliest stuff, I'd be fine with being "close enough". By being close and having everyone freak out about it, she made her point even more.

Truthfully, even "real" writers don't fact check things like that. Getting their names right is about as fact checky as someone writing for some online thing is going to get. Read yahoo, cnn, or nbc. They're no better - if someone points out an error they miiiiight fix it, but even then it's doubtful. When it comes to online "writing", the goal is to be first not best.

Really. Like I said, it is not that serious. Even taking 3 minutes to find this info would be a waste of time - especially since she had already been told at the time of her first story what teams these people are on. I'm sure it wouldn't even occur to her to see if that had changed. She says right in it that at the time that's what teams they were on. No one is going to keep re-checking the same thing.

When I read it I had no idea these weren't the right teams until I read the comments. Because it didn't matter one bit for the article. I just think people are focusing on the wrong things - what team these kids are does not matter a hill of beans in this story.

As an outsider I don't expect her to know the different between a panther and a wildcat, but as a writer I think she should have done a better job knowing her facts. Like she had to go to Cami's Instagram to take that picture and in her bio it says "spirit of Texas". Maybe she doesn't know what SOT is a first but a simple google search will clear that up real quick. Idk, I guess if I was a writer I'd triple check my facts before publishing because I wouldn't want any stupid mistakes to make me look like less of a writer.

She must have done a little digging to come up with the idea that Cami's on cheetahs, unless she only googled team pictures and an old one popped up. I'm just confused how she connected her to CA and not SOT.

She must have done a little digging to come up with the idea that Cami's on cheetahs, unless she only googled team pictures and an old one popped up. I'm just confused how she connected her to CA and not SOT.

Go Google Cami Branson. The first IMAGES of her are in a Cheetahs uni.

i can only imagine the hundreds of e-mails she received last night... from angry teens with poor grammar skills who don't type in complete sentences. i'm sure they're all just adding flames to the fire. if you want her to stop, don't even click on the links and read her articles. don't give her attention.

really, i don't blame her for writing the articles and i don't see them as "TMZ"-like. the cheerleading world is seriously just a black hole of weirdness. we may love it, but to an outsider - we're bat$h!t crazy. 50 THOUSAND people are following the every move of some of these kids. people are overly invested in the lives of 16 year olds. it's creepy and odd. couldn't tell you a time where i've ever seen a YOUTH soccer/football/baseball etc. athlete on the popular page of instagram with 20 thousand likes and arguments breaking out in the comments about their relationship status or how perfect they are. these aren't child actors, these are freakin' kids.

social media ruined cheerleading. the end.

$$$ Probably

how much money could she truly be making though its not like she's writing for the new york times... :rolleyes: oh well

i think at this point she should just back off, if her articles had a more broader subject about cheerlebrities, allstars and instagram then i wouldnt have an issue with it, but shes picking out certain underage athletes and trying to write about every move they make. its just plain creepy at this point.

how much money could she truly be making though its not like she's writing for the new york times... :rolleyes: oh well

i think at this point she should just back off, if her articles had a more broader subject about cheerlebrities, allstars and instagram then i wouldnt have an issue with it, but shes picking out certain underage athletes and trying to write about every move they make. its just plain creepy at this point.

I know nothing about this kind of stuff, but she probably gets payed a set amount, and then more depending on the hits the link gets.

@BlueCat said this in another thread "the reporter stated that because the kids are "famous", they are fair game and she does not need permission/consent from the athletes, their families, or us."

I do not consider them famous and I feel that it is a opinion if they are famous or not. With that being said how can them being "famous" change the law in any way?

@BlueCat said this in another thread "the reporter stated that because the kids are "famous", they are fair game and she does not need permission/consent from the athletes, their families, or us."

I do not consider them famous and I feel that it is a opinion if they are famous or not. With that being said how can them being "famous" change the law in any way?
The law being?

Back