All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But here's the sad part: even though your gym is doing everything right, no outsider will care about that if they see famous teams performing raunchy stuff. Literally 99.9% of all-star teams could be as clean and tasteful as anything, but all it takes is the top 0.1% most famous teams being trashy to screw up the public's perception of everyone else. It's unfair.
I get that. There's a certain large comp we lose every year because *I PERSONALLY- not our gym* feel like this is a major factor. We take home like 3/35 jacket opportunities lost to lack of thigh rubs. -MY UNPROFESSIONAL OPINION ONLY. NOT NECESSARILY THE OPINION OF OUR GYM. JUST Me**. I do appreciate some of the execution rules this year though, that *should* help us. My opinion only. I am not a professional cheerleader, coach, judge, etc. Just a mom with a decade of tenure.

I get that. There's a certain large comp we lose every year because *I PERSONALLY- not our gym* feel like this is a major factor. We take home like 3/35 jacket opportunities lost to lack of thigh rubs. -MY UNPROFESSIONAL OPINION ONLY. NOT NECESSARILY THE OPINION OF OUR GYM. JUST Me**. I do appreciate some of the execution rules this year though, that *should* help us. My opinion only. I am not a professional cheerleader, coach, judge, etc. Just a mom with a decade of tenure.
You guys aren't alone! @tumbleyoda has the same problem.

But here's the sad part: even though your gym is doing everything right, no outsider will care about that if they see famous teams performing raunchy stuff. Literally 99.9% of all-star teams could be as clean and tasteful as anything, but all it takes is the top 0.1% most famous teams being trashy to screw up the public's perception of everyone else. It's unfair.

This deserves the slow clap! Spot on!:chestbump:

My daughters team (wcss) has done pretty well without any rubbing whats so ever....it can be done!

I couldn't agree more! It's also becoming a trend here in Germany. And while I'm a little (only a little) more tolerant with dance moves as our senior teams are actually open aged, my biggest pet peeve are those posed fotos many girls take. Usually with a wannabe "fierce" face, that only makes them look really angry or extremely bored and arrogant, all the while posing in the most ridicuous raunchy poses. I just can't!
I actually gave them a hand out with examples of what fotos are okay for them to take while wearing anything gym-related and what aren't. It worked, though. :)

wcss - is that World Cup shooting stars - my middle daughter LOVES World Cup (after the twinkle documentary came out she spent a good year trying to convince my husband to move his company to Jersey so she could go there - EVERY SINGLE DAY)
Did he give in?

**No trolling without a permit. For a permit please inquire within**

I couldn't agree more! It's also becoming a trend here in Germany. And while I'm a little (only a little) more tolerant with dance moves as our senior teams are actually open aged, my biggest pet peeve are those posed fotos many girls take. Usually with a wannabe "fierce" face, that only makes them look really angry or extremely bored and arrogant, all the while posing in the most ridicuous raunchy poses. I just can't!
I actually gave them a hand out with examples of what fotos are okay for them to take while wearing anything gym-related and what aren't. It worked, though. :)
Perfect example: Instagram

Girl. Was that really necessary?

Another one: http://data.whicdn.com/images/96530483/superthumb.jpg
:banghead:

I think I'm gonna start calling this the "we bad, you mad" epidemic.

Did he give in?

**No trolling without a permit. For a permit please inquire within**

Nope but neither did she for a long time:deadhorse:. She even brought it up again recently (like last 2 weeks) - and it has been a couple of years at least since she started the whole thing. Whenever any of us talk about how neat another state might be - his first response is "And what cheer team are you thinking of?". Let's just say NC has been brought up by my oldest (okay and maybe me). Youngest just wants to live at Disney World.

And here's my other problem (slightly unrelated but whatevs): based on what people on here have been saying, it seems like the (mostly) older, more seasoned, more objective judges (and by objective I partially mean the kind that won't just change a certain team's score because the EP asked them to, because the EP fears that if a big name program attended their comp and doesn't win frequently that they will take their numerous teams elsewhere, and the teams that came to the comp just for a shot at competing against/meeting the big gym's teams will leave with them, resulting in massive loss of revenue), are being frozen out of the judging circuit (for the reason I just explained) and replaced with (mostly) younger, less season, easily manipulated judges that will change any team's score at the EP's request (thus guaranteeing good earnings). These seem to be the types of judges that might prefer raunchiness (hence the judges notes received by coaches like @tumbleyoda demanding more sass and "confidence" (because literally feeling oneself totally counts... *eyeroll*).

And here's my other problem (slightly unrelated but whatevs): based on what people on here have been saying, it seems like the (mostly) older, more seasoned, more objective judges (and by objective I partially mean the kind that won't just change a certain team's score because the EP asked them to, because the EP fears that if a big name program attended their comp and doesn't win frequently that they will take their numerous teams elsewhere, and the teams that came to the comp just for a shot at competing against/meeting the big gym's teams will leave with them, resulting in massive loss of revenue), are being frozen out of the judging circuit (for the reason I just explained) and replaced with (mostly) younger, less season, easily manipulated judges that will change any team's score at the EP's request (thus guaranteeing good earnings). These seem to be the types of judges that might prefer raunchiness (hence the judges notes received by coaches like @tumbleyoda demanding more sass and "confidence" (because literally feeling oneself totally counts... *eyeroll*).

TRUTH! If people knew what really went on behind the scenes.....ugh.

Back