To World Cup And Back

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

L

Lisa Welsh

Read Full Article...

By Lisa D. Welsh
www.CHEERMaD.com
Sometimes it’s fun to look back to gain perspective which is what this Cheer Mom did. Here’s one from Aug. 1, 2011 only four days after CHEERMaD launched and soon became the No. 1 site for cheer moms and cheer dads.

Kristie and Kelsey had a "World Cup" of a road-trip this summer
Hello…I am the mom of one current Allstar cheerleader and one “retired” Allstar cheerleader. I just found your website and LOVE it….great stories and information! I wrote about an experience we just had this summer…hope you enjoy it…Thank you.
Lisa Roney, Avon, OH; daughter Kelsey cheers at American Elite Allstars, Tallmadge, OH after many years at Ohio Extreme in Avon, OH.
ROADTRIP!!!!
My daughter came into the kitchen screaming and shouting. It seems she had been “researching” summer camps and clinics and found that tomorrow, yes, TOMORROW, she could jump, tumble and stunt with THE Shooting Stars.
World Cup was hosting an amazing clinic (actually an amazing EXPERIENCE) for cheerleaders to interact with the world famous Shooting Stars team…and it wasn’t even expensive!Only problem was, we live in Ohio; World Cup is in New Jersey. Nine hour drive.
So, I did what any sane, logical CHEERMad would do….
Pack up the car and took off of course!
We had to leave that same night in order to get there on time…. My daughter (16, a flyer for American Elite Allstars in Tallmadge, OH; and trained for many years at Ohio Extreme Allstars in Avon, OH) called her friends Kristie and Alyssa and away we went.
Okay, so I’’m a school teacher and have the summers off, …that helps. But I still had to make sure the rest of the family was taken care of for the four days we would be gone, …had to get hotels (thank you Priceline!) and MapQuest my journey. With all that done, we began a trip that the girls will never forget.

Kelsey, Alyssa and Kristie at the Doors of World Cup
Nine hours of driving later, we arrived in Freehold, New Jersey, and pulled into the World Cup parking lot. Of course, the girls were excited to just be on the premises.
A lady came out of the gym and noticed our OHIO license plates. She started talking to us and we learned that she was Joelle Antico, one of the owners of World Cup. She was so friendly and offered to take us to see the new Shooting Stars gym which is across the parking lot from the main gym. The girls were thrilled to see this gym; …it was still under construction, but obviously will be an amazing gym for an amazing team!
At the clinic, the girls met and practiced with the Shooting Stars. Each participant was teamed up with a Shooting Stars partner and they jumped, stunted, and tumbled with these incredible athletes for two and a half hours. They received personal attention from Elaine Pascale, owner of World Cup. She was so welcoming to the girls and even kissed them on the cheek as we left. We have visited other gyms, and all have been welcoming, but this gym honestly felt like home away from home.
I am sure not many parents would decide on a whim to take a roadtrip (especially a nine hour one) to go to a 2 ½ hour cheerleading clinic. (I am just as sure that some of you would..ha!) I choose to take risks, be impulsive now and then, and make amazing memories! I think living life this way shows our children (cheerleaders or not) that they are worth dropping everything for a “spur of the moment” adventure to make their dreams come true!
Oh no…she’s! Shouting ROADTRIP again?… What? Debbie Love Camp? Let’s gooooooooo!

Rachel and Kelsey Rule of World Cup Shooting Stars
POSTSCRIPT: Since this post ran, we’ve seen more examples of World Cups graciousness, as members of Shooting Stars are always agreeable to take photos with admiring athletes.
In celebration of CHEERMaD’s one year anniversary on June 19, we’re posting fan favorite blogs like this one. Original post date was Aug. 1, 2011.

Wooo! Sounds like a roadtrip full of fun! WC is giving shooting stars their own gym to practice in ?

this is not verified lol.... It is an extra practice area that all WC teams use.....It is called The Shooting Star Arena just as a title like Giants Stadium that also hosts the Jets..... It is a dedication to the team that built World Cup.
It does house a lot of Shooting Star memorabilia...but every team uses it for practice!!!
Actually, the Shooting Stars prefer to be in the main gym if given a choice:)

Back