All-Star Transparency In Scoring And Allstar Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you in favor of complete scoring transparency?

• I am an athlete and am NOT in favor.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cognitive dissonance is a wonderful thing.
Look at you with the big words. If you can't put that to an 8 count I don't think it's allowed up here :)

Just kidding, I'm working on a dissertation and am happy I actually knew what this meant!

I think both ideas (transparency and divisions) are great ideas. I can see where large gyms may feel they might be judged more harshly. From my small gym perspective, the scoring for being large/small isn't really the issue. My point has always been that small gyms do not have the ability to pick a squad full of girls with a higher level skill; rather, we make up a team with what girls can do. By that I mean, even if you combined both gyms in our town, you would not have a team fulls, even if it were a small team. So I think the ability to pick from a larger pool is where I think they have the advantage.
Transparency would be helpful..esp after last competition. I watched the video of our divison. True our team had 3 booboos.. 1 fall to the floor and 2 falls. The team ahead of us, literally had 6 falls. So doing the math from the score sheet provided, really didn't add up. Yes, I am a parent; and I totally admit I am not good at judge the exact difficulty of routines but I have seen enough to know they didn't have much that was more difficult. But I would like to know where they gained those points.
Last point, I think the score sheet may help coaches with parents issues. How many times do you hear parents say, well, we hit everything; nobody fell so why did we not win?? Well, if difficulty was on score sheets, the coach could then say, well the winning team had X number of such and such skills.

What I'm about to say might not make me very popular at the moment...... BUT, I don't think very may parents truly understand score sheets at all (especially with there being so many different one). So many parents don't know for instance, that competition A rewards higher difficulty while competition B rewards better execution, and that competition C needs more jumps to max out, etc. That's another reason slight adjustments to routines are made throughout the season. And of course the other problem is that many coaches do not even fully understand all of the rules or even the requirements to max out at different competitions. So let's say coach A knows all the different caveats regarding different competitions but coach B does not, and as a result, coach b doesn't make the necessary adjustments to max out out at that comp. As a result, coach b and coach b's team (including parents), see what they believe to be unfair judging bc they assume their routine was just as difficult and they didn't drop a stunt, but in reality they didn't have enough jumps and elite elements like specialty tumbling passes maybe....

That's just an example bc I'm not aware of all the specific elements regarding every competition...but I do have a general idea as to which ones tend to reward more difficulty and which ones reward better execution. So unfortunately many parents really don't understand (myself included...I'm no expert)...heck it's something the coaches have to stay on top of at all times. Even the biggest gyms make unintentional mistakes.

Why are you trying to send jobs overseas? Shocking idea from a "democrat"

Emphatically NO!! I would gladly pay the 5 bucks, but, doesn't your prez demagogue those who do that very thing.

What does this have to do with scoring? Kingston was merely mentioning that it (programming wise) could be done w/o exorbitant cost.
Also, since when does being affiliated w/a particular party mean you have to accept every major tenet within the party? I think it's actually rather rude and slightly bigoted. That's kinda like saying just bc someone is gay that they have to affiliate themselves w/the democratic party or just bc someone is super religious they must be a republican. I'm really not in favor of pigeon holing people based on their political preferences. I happen to be a democrat but have absolutely no problem w/the right to bear arms and don't think it should be taken away. That's a huge hot button topic for democrats, but just bc I am one doesn't mean I accept every tenet within the party. People tend to affiliate w/the party who represents MOST of their personal beliefs, not necessarily all. Or sometimes it's even just one issue, but bc they feel so strongly about it, they're willing to accept the others. Everything isn't black and white.

*Sorry for the slight thread hijack everyone.

What does this have to do with scoring? Kingston was merely mentioning that it (programming wise) could be done w/o exorbitant cost.
Also, since when does being affiliated w/a particular party mean you have to accept every major tenet within the party? I think it's actually rather rude and slightly bigoted. That's kinda like saying just bc someone is gay that they have to affiliate themselves w/the democratic party or just bc someone is super religious they must be a republican. I'm really not in favor of pigeon holing people based on their political preferences. I happen to be a democrat but have absolutely no problem w/the right to bear arms and don't think it should be taken away. That's a huge hot button topic for democrats, but just bc I am one doesn't mean I accept every tenet within the party. People tend to affiliate w/the party who represents MOST of their personal beliefs, not necessarily all. Or sometimes it's even just one issue, but bc they feel so strongly about it, they're willing to accept the others. Everything isn't black and white.

*Sorry for the slight thread hijack everyone.
Are you serious? Let me help you out, I speak with Kingston often regarding politics. I see that you are trying to get a rise out of me and start ANOTHER fight with me. Otherwise, why would you be blabbering on at 1:30 in the a.m.? Also, since you're at it, I'm sure you have a quote somewhere about calling people names, right?

And that last bolded part, explains a lot to me.

Are you serious? Let me help you out, I speak with Kingston often regarding politics. I see that you are trying to get a rise out of me and start ANOTHER fight with me. Otherwise, why would you be blabbering on at 1:30 in the a.m.? Also, since you're at it, I'm sure you have a quote somewhere about calling people names, right?

And that last bolded part, explains a lot to me.

Back