All-Star Transparency In Scoring And Allstar Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you in favor of complete scoring transparency?

• I am an athlete and am NOT in favor.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To add a little irony...I just found out that Spirit Fest has quoted a post I made here about them last year on their website. They give a complete breakdown of each team's category scores in each division, along with deductions, which is what we are all asking for in this thread. Gave me a chuckle.

American Masters, this past weekend, gave a breakdown of the division high and low score in each category. So even though you didn't know who received those scores, you know where you stood in each category across the division. They also gave each team's raw, deduction and final score both days.

Both companies gave this information Day 1 and Day 2.

So, Spirit Fest, if you are listening, you still do it the way I like best. American Masters, I also appreciated the way you did it too :)

Would it further ruin the illusion to say that you can higher programmers from India for $5 a hour? Whole job you could spend about $400 to get the whole thing done and snazzy.

Would it further ruin the illusion to say that you can higher programmers from India for $5 a hour? Whole job you could spend about $400 to get the whole thing done and snazzy.
Why are you trying to send jobs overseas? Shocking idea from a "democrat"

Just an honest question here: why so much opposition to judges' comments being made public, too? I guess my perspective as a coach is that I've never had a comment that was somehow so personal that I wouldn't want it out in the public.
Agreed, most comments are of the garden variety; "point your toes" "clean up dismounts" & "great routine"

Why are you trying to send jobs overseas? Shocking idea from a "democrat"

Would you pay an American $125 an hour to do the same thing someone from India would do for $5 an hour?

socratesofcheer said:
Agreed, most comments are of the garden variety; "point your toes" "clean up dismounts" & "great routine"

I hate the generic "point your toes". Yep. We drill toe pointing and its still hard for those minis to do it consistently.

I love comments that actually show they are paying attention. We had a judge one year that gave us some excellent advice that we used (and continue to use) and I will forever remember it and be grateful. I have no idea who it was of course but I always hope we get them again.

Note to judges, the more actual advice and opinions you give the better. I'll take one comment that would actually help us improve over a sheet filled with "great job!".

Coding and the system aren't hard. It's finding ways for people to do it OR have it automatically done and accepted by the EPs. nothing technologically done in cheerleading is all that mind blowing.
Like finding a universal reporting system for them to use (regardless of brand or parent corporation)?

Infoboom: IT Offshoring: Are IT Jobs Coming Back Home?

This article speaks to the reversal of outsourcing as IT labor prices rise in India due to supply and demand and normal economic cycles. But while we are all waiting, please tell me where I can hire these Indian programmers for $5/hour. ;)

Infoboom: IT Offshoring: Are IT Jobs Coming Back Home?

This article speaks to the reversal of outsourcing as IT labor prices rise in India due to supply and demand and normal economic cycles. But while we are all waiting, please tell me where I can hire these Indian programmers for $5/hour. ;)

Independent contractors. Individually you can find them but you can't contact services to find them for you. We have a guy we use who speaks better than average English for $10 an hour. (the better English makes him more expensive.. there can be a HUGE language barrier).

A lot of the cost raising is all the regulations and safety as well as the fact that a programmer over there doesn't understand the point or design of the application. It still takes an architect (which is where the next big range of money will come from). Those who can dream up and design good applications.

Like finding a universal reporting system for them to use (regardless of brand or parent corporation)?

It can be done. Just has to be designed and tested and adapted per scoresheet.

For me it's about keeping our skills that the judges like the most close to the vest. I'm not going to broadcast the elements that are scoring the high points for us bc then everyone would do it. This year we have gotten the same comments from every judge about a particular skill my srs do that they love. Sure, people can prob figure it out but as of now it could be any number of things and the coaches from other teams need to figure it out on their own. I don't get paid to do their choreography too.
You ASSUME that your elements are scoring higher. Other teams may be scoring equal to or even higher than you and you wouldn't even know it. Just because you get 9.7 in baskets (or whatever category/score you are talking about) doesn't mean that other teams aren't getting 9.8 or 9.9. Judge comments are helpful, but what really matters is how your scores compare to others.

BlueCat said:
You ASSUME that your elements are scoring higher. Other teams may be scoring equal to or even higher than you and you wouldn't even know it. Just because you get 9.7 in baskets (or whatever category/score you are talking about) doesn't mean that other teams aren't getting 9.8 or 9.9. Judge comments are helpful, but what really matters is how your scores compare to others.

Actually I've been assuming its our execution that's scoring higher. Id like to think that our difficulty score is higher too but I know better. I'm only assuming its execution bc we have been the cleanest team. Not flailing around in stunts seems to be a dying art here.

Back