All-Star Tryouts And Financial Agreements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What do you charge if someone starts the squad late ? CP 1st year of cheer wasn't intended, she was tumbling and the coach asked us several times over to join . I always said "no" . About, 3 months after tryouts I caved and said yes, but they wanted us to back pay for the earlier 3 months when we didn't join (abt $600) . I agreed to 1/2 that much (the half that went toward comp. fees. They hadn't gone to any yet). I explained I wasn't going to pay for a service I didn't received . CP had been doing tumbling classes that I paid for, during that time . The owners agreed and I did make them write how they waved it in the contract . Anyway, just wondering what polices other gyms have if someone joins after try outs . Also, polices if someone leaves (moving, illness, break or just wants to leave) or is removed /kicked off .

We actually experienced both things. My CP left her old gym at the end of July. I did not have to pay anything extra. I just did not get refunded anything. They were obligated to give me the uniform I had just purchased because it was new uniform year. Other than that, I had no communication from the gym.

When she decided to return to cheer in the middle of September, the gym owner did not charge me for any back tuition. She actually did not charge me for September at all. She also did not charge choreo fees since my daughter did not attend choreo camp. We just had to pay for the uniform, current tuition, and comp fees. I think I got lucky on that one.

Okay...mind blown. Just checked out tryouts in the area and a gym who is having a very good year has decided that the enrollment fee is $130 dollars. That enrollment fee includes: tryout fee, annual registration, USASF membership fee. It clearly states the enrollment fee is non-refundable. So an athlete has to enroll to tryout before they know whether this is the right gym for them???? Huh? I am sure this gym will do just fine because I have feeling they are the hottest ticket in town but it feels like extortion to me. Umm...just saying. :cow:

I know of a gym that does this...I just took stunting lessons there, and they made us pay a $55 enrollment fee. Mom wasn't happy. Then, I wanted to try out, and they had another tryout fee, non refundable, plus some extra. Then, if you decide to join, but quit after June(or so), you have to pay a $1000 something quit fee. And if you try to question any of their fees, you have to pay $50 to do so.
Listen, cheer gym. I'm new to cheer, and I'm trying to get my parents to like it. They think you are snobby and self centered to charge like that, and don't want any part of your gym. You just ruined my (and your) chance for me to cheer there. Thanks a lot.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I know of a gym that does this...I just took stunting lessons there, and they made us pay a $55 enrollment fee. Mom wasn't happy. Then, I wanted to try out, and they had another tryout fee, non refundable, plus some extra. Then, if you decide to join, but quit after June(or so), you have to pay a $1000 something quit fee. And if you try to question any of their fees, you have to pay $50 to do so.
Listen, cheer gym. I'm new to cheer, and I'm trying to get my parents to like it. They think you are snobby and self centered to charge like that, and don't want any part of your gym. You just ruined my (and your) chance for me to cheer there. Thanks a lot.

My feelings exactly...I would love to know how this works out for this gym.

My feelings exactly...I would love to know how this works out for this gym.
Lol this would be funny...except that it does work out. They have 15 or so teams. One took 11th place at Worlds, and they had many top 3 finishes at Summit.
They are one of the only actually good gyms in my state, so I guess they feel like they can charge whatever they please, and cheerleaders will come running. Which is what happens.
Also...this drives me COMPLETELY crazy. It's unacceptable:
This gym charges about $70 more than Cheer Athletics (the most successful cheer gym in the world) per month for tuition. How on earth do they justify this? They must think they're really hot stuff to charge that much. It makes me so mad. I mean, I want to cheer there. Not gonna lie. By my parents refuse because of the cost. Ugh. So mad.
Sorry for the rant, but I'm so bitter about this. Just be reasonably priced PLEASE!!! How on earth do those girls afford that? They must go into extreme debt, or they're just insanely rich.
I should probably stop. Nobody cares. But really, how do some people afford this?

How much does everyone's monthly cost? Mine is 485 and that includes everything (comp fees, uniform, practice clothes, tuition, warm ups, etc). Is that average?

How much does everyone's monthly cost? Mine is 485 and that includes everything (comp fees, uniform, practice clothes, tuition, warm ups, etc). Is that average?

Mine last year was $200 a month which included comp fees and practicewear but not uniforms or optional items like warmups.
This year $125 not including comp fees (about $600), uniform (about $400), shoes, practicewear, or warmups.

Just checked out your website, you have some very cute practice wear! Love it!! All have enough on them so they don't seem boring but they still are simple enough to look athletic and not make you feel like you have a headache after looking at it.
Wait how do you know what gym I go to? Haha

My monthly tuition is $199 and that includes nothing except practice and one tumbling class per week. The monthly tuition is the least of my expenses for cheer. I don't want to add it all up but in all, cheer probably cost me $8,000-$9,000 last year.

We actually experienced both things. My CP left her old gym at the end of July. I did not have to pay anything extra. I just did not get refunded anything. They were obligated to give me the uniform I had just purchased because it was new uniform year. Other than that, I had no communication from the gym.

When she decided to return to cheer in the middle of September, the gym owner did not charge me for any back tuition. She actually did not charge me for September at all. She also did not charge choreo fees since my daughter did not attend choreo camp. We just had to pay for the uniform, current tuition, and comp fees. I think I got lucky on that one.
Our costs are for the full year. They are divided up monthly. If you join late, you have to pay all of the "back fees". This is because our comp fees, practice wear, Choreo, music, and training are tied up together. This the way it is at pretty much all of our gyms in this area. It makes it fair to the people who signed up at the beginning of the season. There used to be a trend where kids wouldn't sign up until after summer, then try to join teams. At that point, they have missed 2-3 payments of $200-$250. Joining late now just means that you will be paying for training you didn't get. Just because your CP didn't attend choreo doesn't mean they aren't using it. Someone (usually a teammate and coach together) have to take out time to teach it to the kids who didn't attend. At our level, we don't usually have anyone not attend choreo unless it is an emergency. In that situation, they have to get a replacement to stand in for them. This can also affect their placement in the routine as well.

Back