All-Star Tryouts And Financial Agreements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In terms of cost, I always tell people not to be super swayed by "Look at our low tuition!"

Look carefully at what that includes or does not include!

GYM A might be $200 a month, but any tumbling is separate. So once you enroll in tumbling, you're at $300 or so. Not the deal you thought!

GYM B might be $420 a month, but includes unlimited tumbling and a class. Seems like a lot, but look what you're getting.

GYM C might be $189 a month. SCORE! UNTIL you factor in an hour commute worth of gas, tumbling costs, and 2 comps that require air travel.

GYM D might be $250 and require a 20 min drive with traffic. But your kid is slotted for a Worlds team. Which carries a mandatory tumbling class that's not included. And also involves air travel and all new Worlds attire.

So all of that say, look at more than that monthly sticker price you are given.

Last edited:
Our gym:

uniform $450
Choreography $400
Practice shirts $150
Bow $25
Bra $20
Comp fees $1025
USASF $25
Makeup $37
Stickers $20
Nationals Shirts $100
Goody bags/team gifts $35
Mandatory tumbling (12 months) $360

These fees total $2647

This is how your breakdown in payments go

Once you make the team in April if you are going to stay then you pay $550 deposit which comes off the $2647 that you owe leaving a remaining balance of $2097

The $2097 can be paid out 2 ways.
In full by May 1st and you get a 5% discount

Or it can be split up over 7 months (299.57) and you pay that on top of your monthly tuition.

I think regular monthly tuition may be $160 now. I'm not sure as all returning members continue to be grandfathered in.

May- tuition + 299.57
June- tuition + 299.57
July- tuition + 299.57
Aug - tuition + 299.57
Sept - tuition + 299.57
Oct - tuition + 299.57
Nov - tuition + 299.57
Dec-April - tuition only

Obviously if you did the payout up front you only pay tuition not the 299.57$

The only thing you basically don't get with this is practice shorts you wear black nike pros. You purchase them yourself. Wether you want to buy 5 pairs or 1 it doesn't matter.
Also you purchase white cheer shoes yourself.
They truly made everything included this year to where you won't be asked for another dime like before we would then be told to go on the website and pay USASF $25 and also then would have to bring money for the gifts in the goody bags and so on. I like this a lot.

Our comp fees include large comps, NCA, Cheersport and so on. We do early bird pricing for every competition we go to so we can do so many. Our gym is kind of not big enough for showoffs for more then the parents which still is a pain because the way our floors are turned the most viewing room is on the sides so that also includes rental of a facility for showoffs. I believe it's a high school gymnasium or something of that nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** I also forgot that included in my $485 is unlimited tumbling. The big expense in cheer is really travel. I'm in cali and we have to travel to Vegas and Dallas and several SoCal comps. All require at least 5 hours of driving.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

**** I also forgot that included in my $485 is unlimited tumbling. The big expense in cheer is really travel. I'm in cali and we have to travel to Vegas and Dallas and several SoCal comps. All require at least 5 hours of driving.

Andddddddddd one or 2 comps that are -30 mins away

There are also a number of things that do not show up in that "sticker" price that people who have never committed to a gym don't think about:

1. Gas. Oh that deal you think you're getting with that tuition is amazing. Until you factor in the 2 hour drive worth of gas at almost $4/gallon. If you're filling up every 3-4 days because of cheer, it's going to add up.

2. Attire. Most new cheer parents look at it in an "Oh I can pay for a uniform ONCE" way. Look at the uniform history of the program. Are they a "new uniforms every year" program? Or are they like others where you will have one for at least 2 seasons? Is your kid slotted for a Worlds team that gets like, 2 uniforms in a season? Or is the program like Rays in that you get one but you will literally keep it UNTIL you grow out because all levels have the same? Important factors.

2. FOOD. You may find yourself thinking "What does food have to do with cheer?" A LOT. Are all the comps overnight? If so, you cannot eat air and will likely be spending money on food over 2 days. 3 meals out over 2 days adds up if your team attends 4-5 overnight comps. Are you commuting a long way to cheer? If you are not packing snacks, you can expect to spend $ on takeout.

3. EXTRAS. There are some gyms that are HUGE ON EXTRAS. Ex: Team parents catering dinner at Expensive Hibachi Place for the team retreat. NCA/CHEERSPORT/WORLDS sports bras/sweatpants/socks/bras/etc. Worlds team outing to the lake. There are also some gyms at which parents can/do expect others to chip in for team gifts that can be rather expensive depending on the parent crowd you're dealing with. (ex: custom bracelet gifts for seniors, Lilly totes, etc.) Just know that. Going to Disney? Parks aren't cheap either!

4. PRIVATES. They're usually not included but just know that there are some gyms where every other kid is in 3/week of privates to advance skills. You might think "well, we don't HAVE to have that!" but it very quickly becomes "Oh I see Kelly getting new skills every few months, I need to fork over some money for privates." Gym culture may not be a "must have privates" culture, but it's important to get a feel for that.

All not things you think about at first glance but still very important.

My Word when I look at all these post about the cost of tryouts I am glad I cheer in the uk. My tryout fee for both uni and an allstar team was £5 each. Uniform 80 each including bows. and tuition £40 a month for all star, nothing for university. Comkp fees are around over all £70 for two competions one already competed the other is nationals in july. It has been a bit of an issue for me as im a student forking out for 2x uniforms but I wouldnt change it

My Word when I look at all these post about the cost of tryouts I am glad I cheer in the uk. My tryout fee for both uni and an allstar team was £5 each. Uniform 80 each including bows. and tuition £40 a month for all star, nothing for university. Comkp fees are around over all £70 for two competions one already competed the other is nationals in july. It has been a bit of an issue for me as im a student forking out for 2x uniforms but I wouldnt change it

College cheer in the US is generally nowhere NEAR as expensive as all star/high school.

Ex: You might pay for shoes, a warm up, some travel, POSSIBLY a uniform. Many schools cover a great deal of costs and in many cases, you do not pay or you pay a small rental fee for the uniform.

College cheer in the US is generally nowhere NEAR as expensive as all star/high school.

Ex: You might pay for shoes, a warm up, some travel, POSSIBLY a uniform. Many schools cover a great deal of costs and in many cases, you do not pay or you pay a small rental fee for the uniform.

Luckily shoe wise I bought some for £15 not a massive fan but im going to get a better pair once I know what im doing cheer wise next season. I pay for travel and accomodation but travel is subidised for university. My uniform was expensive but it is mine now and they only change out the uniforms every 5 or 6 years so im lucky i was first season with new uniform. aslong I we are in something blue,grey or whit at comp they are fine. It does add up but I think this year overall my bill is aroundish £600 for 2 teams for a year is not to bad

Luckily shoe wise I bought some for £15 not a massive fan but im going to get a better pair once I know what im doing cheer wise next season. I pay for travel and accomodation but travel is subidised for university. My uniform was expensive but it is mine now and they only change out the uniforms every 5 or 6 years so im lucky i was first season with new uniform. aslong I we are in something blue,grey or whit at comp they are fine. It does add up but I think this year overall my bill is aroundish £600 for 2 teams for a year is not to bad
Whoa...that's about $1000 US dollars...for two teams. That's crazy. For all-star cheer here (the cheapest I could find) is $2200. Which would be about £1300 pounds maybe? Also...including multiple out of state comps, comp fees, uniforms, team dinners, plane tickets, hotels....that can easily double the cost. These are the moments when I wish I could move over there....but I love my team too much.

Whoa...that's about $1000 US dollars...for two teams. That's crazy. For all-star cheer here (the cheapest I could find) is $2200. Which would be about £1300 pounds maybe? Also...including multiple out of state comps, comp fees, uniforms, team dinners, plane tickets, hotels....that can easily double the cost. These are the moments when I wish I could move over there....but I love my team too much.

And belive itor not that included staying overnight in hotels. I went to 2 comps so far competed at 1 and then dont need to pay for nationals accomodation as it is in my home town. Hotels were around £20 each for a night including breakfast. I love cheering in the uk as I only stared when I was 19 and Im now 20 and the age is acceptable at level 2. I would love to come to the usa though and take some tumbling classes from the best

Our gym:

uniform $450
Choreography $400
Practice shirts $150
Bow $25
Bra $20
Comp fees $1025
USASF $25
Makeup $37
Stickers $20
Nationals Shirts $100
Goody bags/team gifts $35
Mandatory tumbling (12 months) $360

These fees total $2647

This is how your breakdown in payments go

Once you make the team in April if you are going to stay then you pay $550 deposit which comes off the $2647 that you owe leaving a remaining balance of $2097

The $2097 can be paid out 2 ways.
In full by May 1st and you get a 5% discount

Or it can be split up over 7 months (299.57) and you pay that on top of your monthly tuition.

I think regular monthly tuition may be $160 now. I'm not sure as all returning members continue to be grandfathered in.

May- tuition + 299.57
June- tuition + 299.57
July- tuition + 299.57
Aug - tuition + 299.57
Sept - tuition + 299.57
Oct - tuition + 299.57
Nov - tuition + 299.57
Dec-April - tuition only

Obviously if you did the payout up front you only pay tuition not the 299.57$

The only thing you basically don't get with this is practice shorts you wear black nike pros. You purchase them yourself. Wether you want to buy 5 pairs or 1 it doesn't matter.
Also you purchase white cheer shoes yourself.
They truly made everything included this year to where you won't be asked for another dime like before we would then be told to go on the website and pay USASF $25 and also then would have to bring money for the gifts in the goody bags and so on. I like this a lot.

Our comp fees include large comps, NCA, Cheersport and so on. We do early bird pricing for every competition we go to so we can do so many. Our gym is kind of not big enough for showoffs for more then the parents which still is a pain because the way our floors are turned the most viewing room is on the sides so that also includes rental of a facility for showoffs. I believe it's a high school gymnasium or something of that nature.

Whoa. Plus travel on top of this? So basically tuition+expenses is about $4200? I'm going to tell our parents that so they calm down! ;-)

Whoa. Plus travel on top of this? So basically tuition+expenses is about $4200? I'm going to tell our parents that so they calm down! ;-)
Lol yes but this is a year of new uniforms so next year /normally it will be 450 less.
Also we go to 10 comps with quite a few larger ones so that's the comp fees jacking the price up mostly.

Travel comps are in Houston, ft worth, tulsa ok, Dallas, Atlanta.

Last edited:
Lol yes but this is a year of new uniforms so next year /normally it will be 450 less.
Also we go to 10 comps with quite a few larger ones so that's the comp fees jacking the price up mostly.

How much is your tuition per month? And do you guys get time to think things over before you commit and have to start paying for everything?

How much is your tuition per month? And do you guys get time to think things over before you commit and have to start paying for everything?
$150 ish. I don't know if it increased to $160 because everyone is grandfathered in.

Yes, you pretty much had two weeks before your deposit was past due but uniform fittings are in 1 week and that pays for it so it has to be paid by then for sure. If someone tried out and wanted to drop they could of done so. Like I know some asked for more time so they could talk it out. We have plenty of fundraising available and the costs sheets were made before tryouts begun so everyone knew if it was do-able before tryouts.

My monthly tuition is $199 and that includes nothing except practice and one tumbling class per week. The monthly tuition is the least of my expenses for cheer. I don't want to add it all up but in all, cheer probably cost me $8,000-$9,000 last year.

The variability of tuition is astounding to me. Right now I am paying $180/month for tuition for four teams (2 kids x 2 teams) including weekly tumbling.

Back