High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have tons of basketball next week. 2 girls games and two boys games! We also have a local comp Saturday. Lucky we do t have snow days here in Cali... But the kids need all the practice they can get.
Yikes! Hope you're reusing halftime material, that's going to be stressful. Is the comp a high pressure one, or no?

Yikes! Hope you're reusing halftime material, that's going to be stressful. Is the comp a high pressure one, or no?
The comp is a really fun one... But it's kind of our "areas" big long running comp. This is my 2nd year with this program and only their 2nd year EVER competing ... So yea, the stress is on. They're doing really well handling all the work ... They were used to 2practices a week for an hour and a half before I got to them so it's been quite the transition. Our half time material is strictly practice for Nationals. So doing the cheer for nationals... The dance into the pyramid for nationals. We simply couldn't do it any other way ...

My team doesn't cheer basketball we only do football and in winter we compete pretty much every weekend. We were going to have 3 more competitions till nationals but the snow coming in this weekend cancelled it. We have a competition that teams from all over the county go to and then one more at a neighboring school.

We went to school 1 day this week. The "blizzard" has hit. So pretty out, but so stressful! It's 5 inches and counting on top of a layer of ice. Northerners probably laugh, but around here we could be out another week because our city doesn't have the equipment to handle snow & ice like this. I just can't! 13 days, and we need to practice! Meanwhile hoping for no snow injury phone calls.

We went to school 1 day this week. The "blizzard" has hit. So pretty out, but so stressful! It's 5 inches and counting on top of a layer of ice. Northerners probably laugh, but around here we could be out another week because our city doesn't have the equipment to handle snow & ice like this. I just can't! 13 days, and we need to practice! Meanwhile hoping for no snow injury phone calls.

Geez! I'm so sorry! I'm stressed about the rapidly disappearing days so I can only imagine what you're going through!! I'm further south so I know if we were hit like that it would be a wrap! We definitely have nothing to deal with snow and ice.

Praying that you can get to practice soon!

Man... Wish we had snow days when I was in high school! I have 3 kids with shin splints & 1 with Patellar Tendonitis ... Trying to rest them as much as possible so tonight I had a row of kids icing while the rest did nothing but lap cheers... Why does nationals time have to be the most stressful and dramatic?!?!

Holy poop we have 20 teams in our division.... The most we have ever had was 14... Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remind me, what time does the block party end? We get done after 10 pm on both nights :( I'm tired already!

Side note: Not complaining! Last year we got done at 10 pm Saturday and were in the warm-up room at 8 am on Sunday. That was exhausting. I would much rather have the schedule we do this year!

Back