High School Uca High School Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 13, 2011
I am taking my team to the Northeast Championships for the first time as a qualifier. Any advice for me? How do they decide who qualifies and who does not?

Thank you! =]

Back when I was high school (so about four years ago) we were always told you needed an an average score of 70 (out of 100) in order to qualify. Sometimes if your score was close enough, certain regionals would round it up and push it thru. I think once we averaged like a 69.7 and we qualified. I'm not sure if this is still the correct way to decided who qualifies tho.

I'd say based on overall routine /potential from what I've observed! Good luck and remember it's okay not to hit a perfect routine as long as you can recover and have good energy! A strong crowd effective cheer always helps too :)

Just realized today that there isn't a music form in the nationals packet this year. Does this mean we no longer have to do those awful things, or am I missing something?

Just realized today that there isn't a music form in the nationals packet this year. Does this mean we no longer have to do those awful things, or am I missing something?

Yep me too... I believe it's because of the new policy varsity has. All of their comp videos have zero music now. So when we watch any comp video on varsity.com there is no music.
Copyright issues I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I am wondering if you can provide some assistance! Our school rule is that we can not book any out of state travel until we are board of ed approved. We were finally approved December 23! Now when we call UCA they are closed for the holiday until January 4th and the website says everything is sold out! We tried contacting some UCA ppl but have not heard back. My other coach and I are starting to freak out! Does anyone have any suggestions or contact people? We only need 6 rooms. HELP!

Our school Is the same way.... If I were you, I'd look into staying on other Disney Property. We are staying at the Walt Disney World
Dolphin. (While it's on and in the property ...it's owned by Sheraton) Of course, you might have to look into renting your own charter bus or vans. We did and went with Escot for the full 4 days. If you can't stay ON Disney property I'd look Into anything that's as close as possible. (I'm on Disney Property a lot for my husbands work) and while I'm fairly new to the "making the accommodations for nationals game"... I'm not new to the Disney game and know that navigation of that area with a group of kids/parents can be a nightmare.

Back