High School Uca Nationals 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll be there today! I'll have on a "Rocky Point Alumni" shirt, so come say hi to me! I'm friendly.
if I see you I'll def come say hi! I have to see I might only be there for a few just to compete because the weather might not permit us to stay, but I'll def come see you if I do!

if I see you I'll def come say hi! I have to see I might only be there for a few just to compete because the weather might not permit us to stay, but I'll def come see you if I do!

I actually didn't make it because of the weather. Their competition time was around 6, and the snow got crazy in the afternoon! Sad I missed seeing you--- always love to make new Fierceboard friends! :)

Louisiana teams (That I can remember) who have bids:

Dutchtown - Small
Denham Springs - Small
Live Oak - Medium
Ouchita Parish - Medium
West Monroe - Medium
Hahnville - Medium
Archbishop Shaw - Small Coed
Brother Martin - Large Coed
Archbishop Rummel - Large Coed

I know I'm missing some. These are teams I know for sure

Has anyone received anything for the DME? (magical express airport transfers) I'm a little worried that I submitted it over 10 days ago, and haven't received anything or had any confirmation. Tried following up with no luck.

Has anyone received anything for the DME? (magical express airport transfers) I'm a little worried that I submitted it over 10 days ago, and haven't received anything or had any confirmation. Tried following up with no luck.

We have not received ours yet either. Hopefully, they will arrive tomorrow, or I'll be calling for sure!

Why cant there be any UCA regionals in Mass? :( I feel like I'm missing out on such a cool experience.

Why cant there be any UCA regionals in Mass? :( I feel like I'm missing out on such a cool experience.
You're actually lucky. From an all-star parent's perspective, UCA completely messes up our season. We start our season late and have kids missing at practices due to the high school competition season. Our gyms do not get fully focused on their all-star teams until UCA is over.

You're actually lucky. From an all-star parent's perspective, UCA completely messes up our season. We start our season late and have kids missing at practices due to the high school competition season. Our gyms do not get fully focused on their all-star teams until UCA is over.

I disagree. High School cheerleading is the heart and soul of the sport, and to say that is "messes up" something that has branched out from that (all stars), seems off base. For me, as a coach, high school nationals is an experience I wish every high school cheerleader was lucky enough to have. I have no issue with all star teams, but there is room for both, and there shouldn't be animosity from either side.

I disagree. High School cheerleading is the heart and soul of the sport, and to say that is "messes up" something that has branched out from that (all stars), seems off base. For me, as a coach, high school nationals is an experience I wish every high school cheerleader was lucky enough to have. I have no issue with all star teams, but there is room for both, and there shouldn't be animosity from either side.
We can agree to disagree on this one. Where we live, all-star cheer essentially waits for HS nationals to finish until it gets going in full swing. Which is in February. I understand you are expressing your view as a high school coach. I am coming from a frustrated all-star parent perspective whose cp's gym is 100% affected by this. So yes, I do have resentment toward it.

I agree with you that every high school cheerleader should be able to experience UCA nationals. Awesome opportunity!! Not something you are likely to forget! So lucky that I was able to go all four years of my high school career!

We can agree to disagree on this one. Where we live, all-star cheer essentially waits for HS nationals to finish until it gets going in full swing. Which is in February. I understand you are expressing your view as a high school coach. I am coming from a frustrated all-star parent perspective whose cp's gym is 100% affected by this. So yes, I do have resentment toward it.
A thread about people talking about how excited we are for UCA high school nationals, just probably isn't a good place to bash high school cheerleading. If you don't have anything nice to say...

A thread about people talking about how excited we are for UCA high school nationals, just probably isn't a good place to bash high school cheerleading. If you don't have anything nice to say...
.....come sit next to me. Wasn't that the quote you were referencing?

I never "bashed" high school cheerleading. I never even discussed high school cheerleading. I have no issue with high school cheerleading, and if I did, I agree, this would not be the appropriate thread to post it in.

I stated that UCA high school nationals interferes with our season ("messes up" if you want to be exact).

If that makes you dislike my post, then that is your prerogative. But please do not suggest I said otherwise.

Is there anyone who bought the live stream and could tell me how a team did?? My high school team is there and I wanna know how they do but didn't purchase the stream because I will be cheering at a basketball game during most of their division.

Back