High School Uca Regionals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

GForce

I recognize any state in a crowd
Apr 27, 2011
Does anyone know the results or have videos from this weekends UCA regionals?
If you haven't had regionals yet post results/videos/who all go a bid here after you find out :)

also, does anyone know why Greenup went down to small this year??

also, does anyone know why Greenup went down to small this year??
Graduated 11 seniors I heard.

Also, the regionals in MN was crazy. Teams that have gone forever didn't get bids. I beleive teams that got bids are:

East Ridge Large JV
Totino Small non tumble
Eastview Small non tumble
Minnetonka Medium non tumble
Coon Rapids Medium
Rosemount Medium
East Ridge Medium (we won over-all too! :) )
Edina Super
Maple grove Super
Bloominton Jefferson Super

Holy crap! No small varsity teams got bids? What happened to them? Did they drop a lot??

Graduated 11 seniors I heard.

Also, the regionals in MN was crazy. Teams that have gone forever didn't get bids. I beleive teams that got bids are:

East Ridge Large JV
Totino Small non tumble
Eastview Small non tumble
Minnetonka Medium non tumble
Coon Rapids Medium
Rosemount Medium
East Ridge Medium (we won over-all too! :) )
Edina Super
Maple grove Super
Bloominton Jefferson Super

Congratulations on your team!! What happened with the teams that usually qualify? Just lots of drops?

They will prbly come to the Milwaukee regional. Who were the two main teams you are thinking of? Lakeville North and Roseville? Yeah UCA is crazy about the cheers. Last year we didn't get a bid the first time because they did not like out cheer

Quite a few touch-downs across the board. UCA is funny about tumbling though - if you have a team of 12 and only have 1 girl tumble 12 times, they'll count is as majority.

Quite a few touch-downs across the board. UCA is funny about tumbling though - if you have a team of 12 and only have 1 girl tumble 12 times, they'll count is as majority.

that is weird for tumbling. so then say a team has full team tumbling for atleast 2 passes (0ne standing and one runniny) and then then have a couple of groups of like atleast 3 tumble together, that should score well? I know that an indivaul pass usually doesnt score as well as group tumbling would.

that is weird for tumbling. so then say a team has full team tumbling for atleast 2 passes (0ne standing and one runniny) and then then have a couple of groups of like atleast 3 tumble together, that should score well? I know that an indivaul pass usually doesnt score as well as group tumbling would.

All the scoresheet says this year is "Group Tumbling." 5 for running and 5 for standing. The situation you described would score well. You'll always get more points for true group tumbling. A judge should always score full team handsprings better than one girl doing a handspring 12 times on a small team, but they don't really HAVE to. Besides, putting one handspring in a routine 12 times is going to make the rest of your routine look silly.

Holy crap! No small varsity teams got bids? What happened to them? Did they drop a lot??
The first place team wasn't tragic, just mistakes throughout. It was an easy routine, that wasn't done perfectly. Sorry I don't feel comfortable saying names.

All the scoresheet says this year is "Group Tumbling." 5 for running and 5 for standing. The situation you described would score well. You'll always get more points for true group tumbling. A judge should always score full team handsprings better than one girl doing a handspring 12 times on a small team, but they don't really HAVE to. Besides, putting one handspring in a routine 12 times is going to make the rest of your routine look silly.

I was told that i'd score a 1.5 on a full squad toe handspring, I got much higher than that, which confused me. We're adding standing tucks in addition to the squad toe handspring, but it doesn't even seem worth it if there isn't much higher to go!

Dunbar videos are up on youtube.

WHERE?? PM me a link maybe?? Did you hear who the front runners were in Medium from KY?

The first place team wasn't tragic, just mistakes throughout. It was an easy routine, that wasn't done perfectly. Sorry I don't feel comfortable saying names. [\quote]

Did Delvian Dairen get first? I know you said your not comfortable sayin names but I know last year they had an easier routine but they were really sharp, which I know UCA loves.

I don't know why it put my reply in the quote...

Back