Uniforms...shorts Or Skirts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Depends on the top, but shorts are waaaaayyyy comfier to tumble in. Skirts can be a bit frustrating especially when by the end of the routine they're up to your ribs and backwards lol HOT!

I can see the practicality of the shorts, but I don't like them. I like skirts -( and I mean skirts that actually qualify for the term, not a strip of material going around the hips that doesn't even cover the bloomers.):eek:

Totally agree with this!

No offense to anybody, but I think only little tiny girls can pull off the shorts. It's ok at practice to wear the shorts and whatnot, but at competition,no. Older girls have to much curve going on and it just isn't very...attractive. I feel like skirts not only cover more area, but they keep cheerleading classic. Cheerleaders have always worn skirts!

We use skirts for games, and shorts for competition. When we represent ourselves on the competition mat, we want to look sharp and fierce. BUT when we cheer games it is our job to look the part of the school ambassadors we are... very traditional, classy and sharp. Competition, we break out the shorts and the bling :)

Sorry if this has already been discussed...I noticed at NCA Nationals this year that shorts instead of skirts for uniforms is becoming very popular? I think but are cute! What do you think? And anyone have pics of cute uniforms that have shorts? Share them!!!

I must admit i didnt like the shorts at first .. but they have grown on me. BUT not all cheerleaders can pull this off! Org's need to remember that when ordering shorts...

The shorts are growing on me, HOWEVER... they do not look GREAT on all body types... eventhough most are teenagers and pre-teens and most can wear these, not all and so when a uniform isn't flattering to all, I am extremely turned off...

I would vote skirts... and for high school definite SKIRTS...

The most important part of either is the cut of the shorts/skirts...anything with an awkward cut looks bad on everybody.

my coach wants us to get the shorts but I'm nervous for them because i have big thighs and i don't want them to fit wrong i like the skirts but never had shorts... yet

Back