Uniforms...shorts Or Skirts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Skirts!!! Love the shorts but not all girls can wear and be comfortable in them. They are cute with the right design!

it kinda depends on the uniform/team.. i personally like the skirts . my team has skirts and it would look weird with shorts but with the look that some teams have the shorts are better i think

I like the idea of shorts... but they are rarely done well. I think blinged-out shorts are ridiculous.

Sorry if this has already been discussed...I noticed at NCA Nationals this year that shorts instead of skirts for uniforms is becoming very popular? I think but are cute! What do you think? And anyone have pics of cute uniforms that have shorts? Share them!!!
i like both skirts and shorts but i think i like skirts better because i have always worn them!

I like both shorts and skirts. I think the shorts can give a more athletic look than skirts and I don't like it when skirts twist around and flip up during routines. Reference people saying shorts only look good on skinny girls, I don't think the skirts look any better than shorts on fuller figure girls, skirts don't hide anything since they are both form fitting. Just like long tops don't hide girls bigger bellies like people think they do. You can still tell, and what is more unflattering than the long tops that come up over their bellies while tumbling during a routine and stay that way for the rest of the performance. I have seen it.

I have a question about the skirt, is the purpose of it to not have to pull it down and have the same look as a skirt? Or is it more comfortable?

My team is going to do shorts this year... I am still on the fence about it. I like the look of it as long as the shorts fit correctly and aren't riding up showing the cheeks. I saw a team with shorts that did that to almost every single girl. I felt so bad for them. I think I was tramatized from that haha. That is probably why I am worried about the shorts. But obviously they had some sort of fit/fabric issue. So all and all I like both but I am not totally sold on shorts yet.

Back