High School Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think basketball shorts changed with men's shorts in general. If you watch old UCA footage and look at the spotters, or watch the Crystal Light/Reebok Aerobic Championships (in the 80s), or old workout tapes, all of the tapes had guys wearing short shorts or biker shorts.

I like seeing guys in short shorts, I think it's more flattering and draws attention to their leg muscles.

Our HS switched back to a classic style after going with an all-star looking motionflex outfit for a few years. I've been seeing more and more "retro" inspired uniforms on other squads during our football games and basketball games. I love the simplicity and clean cut look of a skirt, pleated, a-line or even flyaway with the bottom color braid. My fav looking shell style is the one that we have now for HS cheer. Has a solid color stretchy back that goes straight across, while the front of the shell drops down to a V at the waist and has color braiding across the bottom. Simple HS lettering in the middle. We have solid color liners to wear underneath, but i prefer wearing the shell without anything under unless its super cold. The simplicity of just a shell worn alone with the skirt is so much cleaner at least for school squads IMO than any jewels or rhinestone all-star type setups. And I can't stand when squads have a shell so oversized it comes WAYYY over the waist of the skirt. The more tapered and close fitting, the cleaner it looks. Same with the skirt.

My fav uniforms are actually the Uni. Kentucky outfit which has seemingly remained unchanged and I LOVE the USC song girl sweater setup, It just looks so timeless! Although U of Oregon's Nike outfits while much more modern are very cute as well.

I guess if it is done right, retro or modern, it can look amazing.

With the topic of skimpy, you're always going to see this no matter what the decade. I remember my step sister cheering for my same HS in 2003-04 and they had crop top shells, and actually wore them to school for game days. And pictures of the squads in the 90's had a crop style too. I am trying to work in the fashion industry after college so I always look at styles from the past with anything and they really come back around at some point.

I think basketball shorts changed with men's shorts in general. If you watch old UCA footage and look at the spotters, or watch the Crystal Light/Reebok Aerobic Championships (in the 80s), or old workout tapes, all of the tapes had guys wearing short shorts or biker shorts.

I like seeing guys in short shorts, I think it's more flattering and draws attention to their leg muscles.
Just realized how creepy this sounds LMAO.

Our HS switched back to a classic style after going with an all-star looking motionflex outfit for a few years. I've been seeing more and more "retro" inspired uniforms on other squads during our football games and basketball games. I love the simplicity and clean cut look of a skirt, pleated, a-line or even flyaway with the bottom color braid. My fav looking shell style is the one that we have now for HS cheer. Has a solid color stretchy back that goes straight across, while the front of the shell drops down to a V at the waist and has color braiding across the bottom. Simple HS lettering in the middle. We have solid color liners to wear underneath, but i prefer wearing the shell without anything under unless its super cold. The simplicity of just a shell worn alone with the skirt is so much cleaner at least for school squads IMO than any jewels or rhinestone all-star type setups. And I can't stand when squads have a shell so oversized it comes WAYYY over the waist of the skirt. The more tapered and close fitting, the cleaner it looks. Same with the skirt.

My fav uniforms are actually the Uni. Kentucky outfit which has seemingly remained unchanged and I LOVE the USC song girl sweater setup, It just looks so timeless! Although U of Oregon's Nike outfits while much more modern are very cute as well.

I guess if it is done right, retro or modern, it can look amazing.

With the topic of skimpy, you're always going to see this no matter what the decade. I remember my step sister cheering for my same HS in 2003-04 and they had crop top shells, and actually wore them to school for game days. And pictures of the squads in the 90's had a crop style too. I am trying to work in the fashion industry after college so I always look at styles from the past with anything and they really come back around at some point.
Love USC sweater look as well

Back