All-Star University Of Alabama...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ninja. I just typed it and it did nothing. If I type the other word, I get a red "does not recognize" line underneath.

I don't know about her phones dictionary, but I have an original 5 and it isn't in mine.

random, but i typed "xo" into my phone yesterday (as in xoxo) and my phone changed it to zombie. craziest autocorrect i've ever had. and i have never used the word zombie. unless you manually add n*gga to your phone's dictionary, it's not changing ninja to that. i may or may not have the mouth of a sailor and after 4 years with the same phone it still changes f**k to duck. or ducking. even if i do say it multiple times a day, my phone STILL doesn't know the word. autocorrect is a cop out in that situation.
My phone changes s*** to sit all the time. I'm like 'Phone, I understand you're trying to make me more lady-like, but my vocab is staying how it is.'

Nobody is buying what she's selling, apparently. Now, I don't know the whole process of sorority/fraternity involvement and how you join, so I can't comment on that part.

you're referring to the frontal cortex/decision,reasoning area. probably true. might also explain why the university of alabama girl tried to cover herself by saying her phone auto-correct ninjas to n*gg*s. who's phone auto-corrects ninjas to that? the later isn't even a word in a phone's dictionary. (a ninja, in sorority speak supposedly, is a girl who gets into the sorority who nobody wanted in the first place)

K7x.gif

I'm sure you're all aware of the "day of retribution" nonsense that happened at UCSB. The shootings happened on the front lawn of the Alpha Phi house there...
... now this past week the comments of the "day of retribution" at Alabama were made on an Alpha Phi Bid Day video on youtube
AND
at my school last week (East Carolina) we had some guy driving around campus and nearby apartment complexes wearing a Michael Meyers mask and driving an old, beat up, spray painted car following sorority girls home from the library.
Scary stuff

The University sent out an email regarding the issue after speaking with the people involved saying it was sent out on bid day. Us as students have moved on from this topic, it is past so I don't see why it is so important that you needed to know "for sure" on something that did not involve you.
No need to be so defensive. It was national news, so it is not a secret. Many fierceboarders are either involved in Greek Life, have family that is involved, or have CPs who are looking at applying to UA or other universities and are interested in Greek Life options, so that is why it is important to know the facts. As with any tragedy or threat, the information is beneficial to not only learn from what happened and how it was handled, but also try to prevent it from happening in the future.

No need to be so defensive. It was national news, so it is not a secret. Many fierceboarders are either involved in Greek Life, have family that is involved, or have CPs who are looking at applying to UA or other universities and are interested in Greek Life options, so that is why it is important to know the facts. As with any tragedy or threat, the information is beneficial to not only learn from what happened and how it was handled, but also try to prevent it from happening in the future.
Not being defensive, just don't see why this issue which occured over a month ago is coming up in a thread which was originally about the threats. Totally two different topics.

Not being defensive, just don't see why this issue which occured over a month ago is coming up in a thread which was originally about the threats. Totally two different topics.

Everyone doesn't read the threads at the same time. And they are both related to UA. And there's no enforcement of thread integrity on this board.

So it's all fair game. No biggie.

Yes I read what the threats said, did you? No threat was about a snapchat picture which is what the other topic people are discussing.
I agree. No post/threat was about a snapchat picture. That doesn't mean the two cannot be connected (and by connected I do not mean to insinuate that the threats were a direct result of the alleged snapchat) The connections exist because the alleged snapchat is about race and a sorority on campus. The threats also mention similar topics. Have authorities drawn a direct line between the two? No...but that doesn't mean people can't think of one when the other is mentioned.

Yes I read what the threats said, did you? No threat was about a snapchat picture which is what the other topic people are discussing.
the threats were DEFINITLELY related to the snapchat incident among other things that have occurred at UA in the last few years. There is definitely a problem with the culture in place in at least some of the Greek organizations on campus, and I applaud them for working to change that, but we cannot pretend it doesn't exist or that it isn't connected to the threats.

And for the record, you are being awfully defensive about the entire subject. I am making an assumption here, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think you must be a part of the Greek system at Alabama. If so, you are in a difficult position. You are loyal to your organization, but you have to see that the admission practices of many organizations HAVE to change. They cannot continue as they are. One of the hardest things we as people and in a greater sense as organizations have to do is admit we were wrong.

Does it really matter? I mean... It happened in the past, everyone is okay, nobody was harmed, so why not let it go? This kind of stuff happens everyday at schools, it's just not always publicized like alabama was/is. UA is a big school and gets a lot of attention in a bunch of different areas. While in actuality, You can look at any school and find these issues...

the threats were DEFINITLELY related to the snapchat incident among other things that have occurred at UA in the last few years. There is definitely a problem with the culture in place in at least some of the Greek organizations on campus, and I applaud them for working to change that, but we cannot pretend it doesn't exist or that it isn't connected to the threats.

And for the record, you are being awfully defensive about the entire subject. I am making an assumption here, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think you must be a part of the Greek system at Alabama. If so, you are in a difficult position. You are loyal to your organization, but you have to see that the admission practices of many organizations HAVE to change. They cannot continue as they are. One of the hardest things we as people and in a greater sense as organizations have to do is admit we were wrong.

Yes, I am. I posted before saying I was. The school is trying to change the system but change unfortuantly occurs slowly. I must say rush this year was A LOT better than in the past.

Back