All-Star University Of Alabama...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hi,
I am a student here at UA and in a sorority. This week has been a crazy week but the University has assured us that we are not at harm and they are doing everything possible to keep us safe. Even though communication from the University to students has not been the best at times during this whole incident, we have still remained in no reason to feel at danger. As for the snapchat....it was actually sent on bid day.

Hi,
I am a student here at UA and in a sorority. This week has been a crazy week but the University has assured us that we are not at harm and they are doing everything possible to keep us safe. Even though communication from the University to students has not been the best at times during this whole incident, we have still remained in no reason to feel at danger. As for the snapchat....it was actually sent on bid day.
Do you know that FOR SURE, as in you saw the person in question send it, or is this just what you heard? I ask because there is a lot of rumor and "so and so said this" about what actually happened and if the girl is question was hacked or not.

Do you know that FOR SURE, as in you saw the person in question send it, or is this just what you heard? I ask because there is a lot of rumor and "so and so said this" about what actually happened and if the girl is question was hacked or not.
The University sent out an email regarding the issue after speaking with the people involved saying it was sent out on bid day. Us as students have moved on from this topic, it is past so I don't see why it is so important that you needed to know "for sure" on something that did not involve you.

The University sent out an email regarding the issue after speaking with the people involved saying it was sent out on bid day. Us as students have moved on from this topic, it is past so I don't see why it is so important that you needed to know "for sure" on something that did not involve you.
It does involve me. I have several family members who will be choosing colleges and/ or sororities in the next year or 2. Knowing what is really going on is important in informing their choice. The university's info was purposely vague about shay actually happened, only saying that the post was made, not wether it was altered.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It does involve me. I have several family members who will be choosing colleges and/ or sororities in the next year or 2. Knowing what is really going on is important in informing their choice. The university's info was purposely vague about shay actually happened, only saying that the post was made, not wether it was altered.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've heard rumors that it was altered but I've never seen anything that could explain how it could have happened.

Whatever happened, SOMEONE did it and that's a shame.

As I've often said, there are idiots in Alabama just as there are all over. But the vast majority are nice, reasonable and relatively intelligent people. I've been here over eleven years and we've enjoyed it all.

considering greek life is a pretty tight niche, i assume, and i assume word travels fast in their circles about stuff like this, i wonder why they keep making the same mistakes over and over again when it comes to derogatory remarks and events towards a specific ethnicity and culture. do they somehow think that they will remain immune and not be noticed? even some idiots from my relatively unknown alma mater, cal state uni., fullerton, from the alpha delta pi sorority, got hosed this month for having a taco tuesday themed recruitment party last month where the some of the attendees came dressed in sombreros, panchos and gang attire. were they oblivious to what happened to the penn state sorority that had a similar themed party with similar attire? they either have short attentions spans/poor memory or just don't think - most likely both.

Campus Circle - CSUF Sorority Dresses Like Gangsters for Taco Tuesday, Now Faces Sanctions

considering greek life is a pretty tight niche, i assume, and i assume word travels fast in their circles about stuff like this, i wonder why they keep making the same mistakes over and over again when it comes to derogatory remarks and events towards a specific ethnicity and culture. do they somehow think that they will remain immune and not be noticed? even some idiots from my relatively unknown alma mater, cal state uni., fullerton, from the alpha delta pi sorority, got hosed this month for having a taco tuesday themed recruitment party last month where the some of the attendees came dressed in sombreros, panchos and gang attire. were they oblivious to what happened to the penn state sorority that had a similar themed party with similar attire? they either have short attentions spans/poor memory or just don't think - most likely both.

Campus Circle - CSUF Sorority Dresses Like Gangsters for Taco Tuesday, Now Faces Sanctions
I wouldn't doubt for one second they thought it wouldn't happen to them- the brain's development in that area is slower than others (so I've read). It's usually not finished 'til around 21 or so- once everyone graduates.

I've heard rumors that it was altered but I've never seen anything that could explain how it could have happened.

Whatever happened, SOMEONE did it and that's a shame.

As I've often said, there are idiots in Alabama just as there are all over. But the vast majority are nice, reasonable and relatively intelligent people. I've been here over eleven years and we've enjoyed it all.

And appropriate action was taken.

I wouldn't doubt for one second they thought it wouldn't happen to them- the brain's development in that area is slower than others (so I've read). It's usually not finished 'til around 21 or so- once everyone graduates.

you're referring to the frontal cortex/decision,reasoning area. probably true. might also explain why the university of alabama girl tried to cover herself by saying her phone auto-correct ninjas to n*gg*s. who's phone auto-corrects ninjas to that? the later isn't even a word in a phone's dictionary. (a ninja, in sorority speak supposedly, is a girl who gets into the sorority who nobody wanted in the first place)

you're referring to the frontal cortex/decision,reasoning area. probably true. might also explain why the university of alabama girl tried to cover herself by saying her phone auto-correct ninjas to n*gg*s. who's phone auto-corrects ninjas to that? the later isn't even a word in a phone's dictionary. (a ninja, in sorority speak supposedly, is a girl who gets into the sorority who nobody wanted in the first place)
The function of the frontal lobe involves the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events. - Wikipedia.

So yeah, she might be a bit short in the frontal development department. My phone tries to tell me pay isn't a word. I doubt her phone magically added slurs in of it's own accord.

Just for testing, I checked if any such words are listed in my phone's selections. Nope. Not buying, thank you.

The function of the frontal lobe involves the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events. - Wikipedia.

So yeah, she might be a bit short in the frontal development department. My phone tries to tell me pay isn't a word. I doubt her phone magically added slurs in of it's own accord.

Just for testing, I checked if any such words are listed in my phone's selections. Nope. Not buying, thank you.
The only way words like that get in to autocorrect is if you use them regularly. So not really the best excuse...

random, but i typed "xo" into my phone yesterday (as in xoxo) and my phone changed it to zombie. craziest autocorrect i've ever had. and i have never used the word zombie. unless you manually add n*gga to your phone's dictionary, it's not changing ninja to that. i may or may not have the mouth of a sailor and after 4 years with the same phone it still changes f**k to duck. or ducking. even if i do say it multiple times a day, my phone STILL doesn't know the word. autocorrect is a cop out in that situation.

Back