All-Star Us Allstar Alliance: New Divisions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The USASF makes the rules/guidelines, varsity just follows them when putting on an event.

**FB winner for cutest animal pictures**

but they follow the same rules...?:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Varsity, along with several other competition companies, are USASF sanctioned comps, meaning they follow those rules. Varsity is just one of the many comp companies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would love to see 5X as an actual division or allow double backs already in regular level 5.

Varsity, along with several other competition companies, are USASF sanctioned comps, meaning they follow those rules. Varsity is just one of the many comp companies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
ohhhh ok thank u :p

It's actually quite brilliant for the smaller gyms. When it comes to fielding a team comprised of multiple levels they wouldn't have to put their higher level tumbling athletes on a lower level team to be competitive. I'm sure there are many level 3 teams out there with level 3, 4, and 5 tumblers, and on 3.5 the higher level athletes would have an opportunity to compete their skills. Also, if an athlete gets a new skill mid season, the coach could work the new skill in immediately, if needed. I see two different trains of thought going on, one being DII with more lenient crossover rules to accommodate the smaller gym and the above multi-level division. It will be interesting to see what the smaller gyms gravitate toward.

I would love to see 5X as an actual division or allow double backs already in regular level 5.

Double backs being allowed would scare the crap out of me. I already hate watching people do them because I get nervous when I don't know if it's actually someone who knows what they're doing. And busting one of those is much more dangerous than busting a full/double. And having someone actually qualified to teach/spot them is so rare in the cheerleading industry.

I literally got goosebumps thinking about it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehe, we'll need a "when will my Suzie learn to double back?" video.

I do think it would be cool to have an "open" tumbling division though. There are some stellar athletes out there with crazy tumbling skills that don't get to be showcased at regular level 5.

These new divisions are random, but so is Level 4.2. Level 1.2 is no more strange to me than 4.2. There are plenty of 6-8 year olds who get a decent back handspring before they have the strength/experience necessary for level 2 stunting (or their gym may only have Mini/Youth 1). Likewise, plenty of younger kids will get a tuck before they're ready for Level 3 stunting. Also, cheerleaders are constantly trying to progress their tumbling skills beyond the level they are currently competing, yet they don't really work on stunting skills that are out of level, which can create situations where their tumbling progresses faster than their stunting.

When the randomness that is Level 4.2 was first implemented, I figured it was only a matter of time before there were more "decimal point divisions". People used to joke about what decimal division would be next (why not 3.2?) All the decimal divisions would make sense in a way, but they of course would also add to the division/crossover madness that already exists in the sport.

As for "Level 5X"-- in a way, it makes sense. Having boys tumble under the same rules as girls has always seemed a bit restrictive. Boys are built differently-- a triple full might be easy for a boy whereas it would be a complete rarity for a girl to have a fully rotated one. On the other hand, given the fact that there are large numbers of athletes on the floor simultaneously (and tumbling in close proximity), it does make sense to have restrictions on the skills being thrown, even if the individual athletes can handle more difficulty.

I understand the suggestions of more divisions, but at the same time, cheerleading already has too many divisions lol.

Last edited:
I kind of like this idea as an END OF SEASON ONE TIME THING ONLY! I know by the end of our competitive season, most of our Level 2 kids can do Jump BHS. Lots are throwing tucks. It doesnt really mess with the routine. The Jump Pause BHS can now be a Jump BHS BHS. The Standing 3 BHS can be two to tuck. I think their head is in the right place, I question timing being in the right place and would question safety. Yes, we work these skills during the season to get kids to move up, but are they ready to be competed yet? Probably not for the most part. Like I said, great concept, I question timing.

Latest posts

Back