All-Star Us Allstar Alliance: New Divisions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 19, 2012
Xtreme Spirit just posted this on their Facebook. Anyone care to elaborate? I don't have much experience with how the US Allstar Alliance works/its affiliations. Is Xtreme Spirit not USASF sanctioned? I assumed they were, but I am not positive.

I wonder who will adapt to these divisions and if they will be successful. I could potentially see Senior 5X growing, after some of the USASF rule changes...

Discuss.

Announcement:
As many of you have been seeing the US Allstar Alliance Logo on our scoresheets and website the past 2 seasons, the time has come to release the first wave of changes we are bringing to the All Star Cheer Industry. These changes are designed to help gyms RETAIN their Athletes so their businesses can thrive and grow. US All Star Alliance is now offering additional Bonus divisions at our end of season Nationals and International Championships. The following events will offer our new divisions, teams are welcome to register into these divisions and compete as you would any other division. Descriptions below...

All Star Cheer - Mini Level 1.2, Youth Level 1.2
All Star Cheer - Youth Level 2.3, Junior Level 2.3
All Star Cheer - Junior Level 3.5, Senior Level 3.5
All Star Cheer - Senior Level 5X, Open Level 5X

All Industry Standard Age Rulings will remain the same for this season. The number after "." refers to the Tumble Skill Level allowed in the division.
1.2 = Level 1 Routine + Level 2 Tumbling Skills Allowed
2.3 = Level 2 Routine + Level 3 Tumbling Skills Allowed
3.5 = Level 3 Routine + Level 5 Tumbling Skills Allowed
5X = Level 5 Routine + No Restriction on Tumbling Skills
(5X Has No Restriction on Tumbling, however Deductions and Execution Scores will will be affected if athletes are attempting skills that they cannot execute safely and cleanly)

Event Dates and Locations:
April 2nd, 2016 - Indianapolis IN
April 3rd, 2016 - Dallas/Ft Worth Area TX
April 10th, 2016 - Irvine (Los Angeles Area) CA
April 30-May 1 - Las Vegas NV
May 6-7 - Orlando FL
Register @ www.xtremespirit.com

An Official Press Release will be sent via email later this afternoon.

I am a tad confused only because generally speaking, you're more likely to lack skills as a team in TUMBLING than in stunting.

Ex: 4.2 exists because you usually have strong stunters without Level 4 tumbling.

So why then, has this organization titled divisions as (example) 3.5?

It is highly unlikely that you'll have Level 5 tumblers who can only stunt at Level 3.

It is usually the other way around. Ex:
a kid can fly Level 5 but is only a Level 3 tumbler.

I am a tad confused only because generally speaking, you're more likely to lack skills as a team in TUMBLING than in stunting.

Ex: 4.2 exists because you usually have strong stunters without Level 4 tumbling.

It is highly unlikely that you'll have Level 5 tumblers who can only stunt at Level 3.

It's so you can put together a team of lvl 3s and have 2-3 lvl 5 tumblers. They'd be less likely to hop gyms because they can actually use their skills.

That being said I hate anything that adds more divisions instead of takes them away.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree when it comes to the mini and youth divisions. Half the kids on Little RandomActs mini 1 team have level 2 tumbling skills but would not be capable of level 2 stunting. And the majority of Little RandomActs Y2 team are solid level 2 tumblers, but the team has struggled with the level 2 stunts all season. I think for both teams it is a base strength and flyer size issues (and attention-span/maturity for the minis). Little Random herself has level 3 tumbling skills but finds level 2 flying challenging. I think she will struggle if she is put on a L3 team next year. And I think there is a huge jump in skills going from level 2 to level 3 stunts (and level 1 to level 2 stunts for minis). These divisions could be beneficial in the mini and youth divisions. But I don't see a need for them in Junior or Senior divisions.

But I agree with @GreatWhite92. It seems strange to add divisions to accommodate maybe a handful of teams. And I seriously doubt many gyms will take advantage of these divisions if they are the only EP offering them.

I disagree when it comes to the mini and youth divisions. Half the kids on Little RandomActs mini 1 team have level 2 tumbling skills but would not be capable of level 2 stunting. And the majority of Little RandomActs Y2 team are solid level 2 tumblers, but the team has struggled with the level 2 stunts all season. I think for both teams it is a base strength and flyer size issues (and attention-span/maturity for the minis). Little Random herself has level 3 tumbling skills but finds level 2 flying challenging. I think she will struggle if she is put on a L3 team next year. And I think there is a huge jump in skills going from level 2 to level 3 stunts (and level 1 to level 2 stunts for minis). These divisions could be beneficial in the mini and youth divisions. But I don't see a need for them in Junior or Senior divisions.

But I agree with @GreatWhite92. It seems strange to add divisions to accommodate maybe a handful of teams. And I seriously doubt many gyms will take advantage of these divisions if they are the only EP offering them.

Yeah I was just thinking that the 2.3 scenario makes sense with younger kids because the Level 3 stunting learning curve can be rather steep.

I find that Level 3 tends to be the point that turns many Youth or Junior Level 2 flyers into bases.

I'm curious if the gyms that attend these competitions also attend USASF or Varsity events. Changing running tumbling would be easy but standing tumbling a little bit more difficult.

I'm curious if the gyms that attend these competitions also attend USASF or Varsity events. Changing running tumbling would be easy but standing tumbling a little bit more difficult.
I've been confused on this. whats the difference USASF and Varsity? Aren't they the same company?

This is pretty much aimed at small gyms who grow their athletes but can't field a level 5. However, it doesn't really make too much sense because most level 5 athletes are going to want to go to Worlds, not just some comp where they can throw their double full next to a bunch of round off tucks. Those athletes will get a taste of throwing level 5 in competition and want to do it more.

And, I see this creating a bunch of drama. Gym A will go 3.5 with a bunch of fulls and then Gyms B,C and D will say that Gym A has been sandbagging the level 3 division all along.

I can't believe I'm saying this... but this might be a good idea. It is for their end of season events... and these days if you are competive in a given level you most likely have higher level tumbling skills that the kids never get to show off. Now I would never go to an Extreme Spirit comp, ever, however its a fun idea for an end of the year event. Level 5x scares me, but would have been very fun with the last level 5 team I coached. I had 3 or 4 that would throw these illegal skills (double doubles, triples, double backs, and full ins) just for fun in their full outs by the end of the season. They could handle it. Most kids can't though.

Sounds like there trying to break away from USASF?
And 3.5 can have a minimum of 1 full? (I'm not following, im really slow)

I can't believe I'm saying this... but this might be a good idea. It is for their end of season events... and these days if you are competive in a given level you most likely have higher level tumbling skills that the kids never get to show off. Now I would never go to an Extreme Spirit comp, ever, however its a fun idea for an end of the year event. Level 5x scares me, but would have been very fun with the last level 5 team I coached. I had 3 or 4 that would throw these illegal skills (double doubles, triples, double backs, and full ins) just for fun in their full outs by the end of the season. They could handle it. Most kids can't though.

I actually had a similar thought. I told my Mini's if they went undefeated all season and had 50% squad bhs's, we would go level 2 at our last event of the year which is fairly small. Unfortunately they are not undefeated but it would have been basically a Mini level 1.2 because I wasn't super keen on changing their stunts.

Back