All-Star Us Allstar Alliance: New Divisions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I could agree with a 4.5 division. Both of our level 4 teams have a good amount of fulls and combo through to fulls it would be nice for them to compete them at a year end event like this. Only if it were a one time thing. I don't agree with it being a 3.5 though I think the level jump is too great and unrealistic. I only have 1 level 3 that has even begun the process of level 5 tumbling.

I agree with @RSbrittany , that crazy jump from level 3-5 is very unrealistic. possible, but not for many, i couldn't see many juniors on an L3 team throwing L5 tumbling skills. 5x? i would love to see that division though, only because i really hope USASF puts full-doubles and double-doubles back into the rules for L5 since the majority of the people that can do them only stay at level 5. PAUSE, so wait double backs & triples also? that's scary.... i wouldn't want my athlete competing these... i mean even if it's done with great execution, anything could happen. so i'd rather not.

@tumbleyoda oh my... you just hit the nail on the head. i've tried explaining this to so many people. i agree, just because something is feasible doesn't necessarily mean it should be done. that's the way i feel about a lot of teams this year being in certain divisions that they can't compete in. it's not what you have enough for, but if you can last in that division.

@dance_extreme_94 maybe it won't cause any harm but I'm not a fan of diluting the levels like this. This isn't even just diluting the levels this is creating new ones.

If gyms really wanted to try things like this entering competitions as a Exhibition team is always an option.

Bottom line though is I do not believe they are doing this to better the industry, they are doing it to get money in their pockets.

**Silly owner, that's NOT how the big gyms really do it**
I agree there. Exhibition is always an option. I'm sure its a cheaper option as well.

I agree there. Exhibition is always an option. I'm sure its a cheaper option as well.

Not always. We have 1/2 year teams that we try to get exhibition once or twice a year to get them ready for live scoring. They still want to charge same thing as regular teams.

I am not in favor of anything goes in tumbling at Level 5. Sorry but there will always be outliers that can do more than a double full. I am not convinced we have advanced enough safety wise in this industry to allow it to be competed and I am saying that having girls and guys that can throw double backs, 1/2 in back outs and triple fulls. We do ours without pits and without spotting even when training them, so we must be particular in how they are approached and who can do them. There is not enough time spent in the gym focused on spatial awareness, proper takeoff and landing techniques, conditioning,, etc to make this anything more than a major risk. JMO

Not any longer. Many comps charge the same fee to compete or exhibit.
I am not in favor of anything goes in tumbling at Level 5. Sorry but there will always be outliers that can do more than a double full. I am not convinced we have advanced enough safety wise in this industry to allow it to be competed and I am saying that having girls and guys that can throw double backs, 1/2 in back outs and triple fulls. We do ours without pits and without spotting even when training them, so we must be particular in how they are approached and who can do them. There is not enough time spent in the gym focused on spatial awareness, proper takeoff and landing techniques, conditioning,, etc to make this anything more than a major risk. JMO

Wow that's dumb. At one point I thought it used to be a cheaper option. If they're not being scored why charge the same price?

Wow that's dumb. At one point I thought it used to be a cheaper option. If they're not being scored why charge the same price?

Because supposedly they still take time up in the schedule to run thru warm ups and compete. Also some comps feel that is some gym's way of avoiding competing in a division they may lose. Both reasons are faulty.

Because supposedly they still take time up in the schedule to run thru warm ups and compete. Also some comps feel that is some gym's way of avoiding competing in a division they may lose. Both reasons are faulty.
There honestly cannot be that many teams doing performance only. But to each their own I guess

I agree 100 percent with you.
I mean I truly do not understand. Even if there were lets say maybe ten teams or so they're not being judged so why not make the fees cheaper for them? or better yet free? They don't have to use the warm up rooms either if they make it a rule to be warmed up and routine ready when you get there.

I mean I truly do not understand. Even if there were lets say maybe ten teams or so they're not being judged so why not make the fees cheaper for them? or better yet free? They don't have to use the warm up rooms either if they make it a rule to be warmed up and routine ready when you get there.

To me what you are saying makes sense and when I worked for a small IEP back in the day this is what we did. Sometimes we even let them exhibition for free because we knew we would get something at the gate, vendors, etc. Things have just changed these days and those type of opportunities are not as widely available as they used to be.

I can tell you that the director that handles scheduling comps with EP's goes thru this every year when it comes to our 1/2 year teams. From the EP side the only issues I have heard are those I pointed to earlier.

Back