OT Us Secret Classic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
She stopped cheering this year and she is training gymnadtic 40 hours a week. Can't wait to see her routines in a couple weeks. And her dad posted on Facebook she is going to national camp in TX in November which is kinda...awesome. I am her biggest fan lol :)

And since it's gymnastic we can talk about her as a minor I guess ? :)
I guess, I mean, she's pretty well known in cheer. I am definitely supporting her.

She stopped cheering this year and she is training gymnadtic 40 hours a week. Can't wait to see her routines in a couple weeks. And her dad posted on Facebook she is going to national camp in TX in November which is kinda...awesome. I am her biggest fan lol :)

And since it's gymnastic we can talk about her as a minor I guess ? :)

in an individual sport, i think it is acceptable :)

How tall is Kyla Ross? Her Wikipedia still has 5'4, which was her height from London....the announcers said she's grown 3 inches since London so is she 5'7 now? Or am I remembering her London height wrong. I swear I recall both her and McKayla being 5'4

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
How tall is Kyla Ross? Her Wikipedia still has 5'4, which was her height from London....the announcers said she's grown 3 inches since London so is she 5'7 now? Or am I remember her London height wrong. I swear I recall both her and McKayla being 5'4

i don't know her london height.. but that's crazy!! growth plates usually fuse at 16 so her body must've gone into shock when she cut back in training post-olympics and shot up. i wonder how that has changed her gymnastics? did they mention that? growth spurts and tumbling don't go together.

edit: i googled "kyla ross height" and got 5'2" so maybe she's 5'5" now? it says her dad is 6'5" so not surprised she wasn't finished growing.

i don't know her london height.. but that's crazy!! growth plates usually fuse at 16 so her body must've gone into shock when she cut back in training post-olympics and shot up. i wonder how that has changed her gymnastics? did they mention that? growth spurts and tumbling don't go together.

edit: i googled "kyla ross height" and got 5'2" so maybe she's 5'5" now? it says her dad is 6'5" so not surprised she wasn't finished growing.

Did she stop training after the Olympics? I thought she was the only one that didn't stop?

I know that she and McKayla were 5'4 in London and Aly was 5'2 and Jordyn was like 5'1 and Gabby was under 4'11. Their heights stick in my mind because I remember comparing them to the cheating Chinese....like I did during the Beijing Olympics

And watching her standing next to Simone and McKayla just now at the competition conforms that she must really be 5'7 now. Crazy. And it looks like McKayla is a lot taller now as well

They mentioned her height again during bars (and a back injury) something about clipping a bar? I wasn't really paying attention

Did she stop training after the Olympics? I thought she was the only one that didn't stop?

I know that she and McKayla were 5'4 in London and Aly was 5'2 and Jordyn was like 5'1 and Gabby was under 4'11. Their heights stick in my mind because I remember comparing them to the cheating Chinese....like I did during the Beijing Olympics

And watching her standing next to Simone and McKayla just now at the competition conforms that she must really be 5'7 now. Crazy. And it looks like McKayla is a lot taller now as well

They mentioned her height again during bars (and a back injury) something about clipping a bar? I wasn't really paying attention

i don't think she ever stopped training completely.. but i imagine that what she was doing to prepare for the olympics compared the 6 month kellogg tour circus act was drastically less. if her body fat percentage went up at all, that probably contributed, too.

I'm 5'5" and I definitely was a few inches taller than McKayla during the tour in 2012. Google says she's 5'2". She had on heels tonight so that made her look like a giant next to Simone. I'm pretty sure Kyla was around 5'2" in 2012 and is 5'5" now. She's definitely not 5'7".

Anyway, I'm sad there have been so many mistakes tonight. Hoping everyone is just getting out the jitters and will look better at nationals.

I'm 5'5" and I definitely was a few inches taller than McKayla during the tour in 2012. Google says she's 5'2". She had on heels tonight so that made her look like a giant next to Simone. I'm pretty sure Kyla was around 5'2" in 2012 and is 5'5" now. She's definitely not 5'7".

Anyway, I'm sad there have been so many mistakes tonight. Hoping everyone is just getting out the jitters and will look better at nationals.

Then they must be exaggerating her growth spurt. If you look at pictures of the Fierce Five from London you can tell that both McKayla and Kyla are taller than Aly and Jordyn.

How many will make the Worlds team? I wasn't sure if the number was different this year since it's a team competition year. And is Maroney scheduled to be back by Worlds time or is she going to be sitting this one out?

I also read the news today that Gabby Douglas pulled out of the P&G Championship later this month as a result of leaving Chow again and is now aiming for 2015 Worlds. Very interested in following her comeback.

How many will make the Worlds team? I wasn't sure if the number was different this year since it's a team competition year. And is Maroney scheduled to be back by Worlds time or is she going to be sitting this one out?

I also read the news today that Gabby Douglas pulled out of the P&G Championship later this month as a result of leaving Chow again and is now aiming for 2015 Worlds. Very interested in following her comeback.

Gabby is training in Ohio...but Gabby needs to learn to pay her bills and stop supporting her family....They didn't need to be in LA living off of Gabby's dime to begin with.

McKayla wont be ready to compete this season

At the end she mentions that Gabby is training again

Then they must be exaggerating her growth spurt. If you look at pictures of the Fierce Five from London you can tell that both McKayla and Kyla are taller than Aly and Jordyn.
She's grown, but there is no doubt in my mind that they're exaggerating it. They'll make a story out of anything (like them talking about Simone's smile at least fifty times tonight).

Gabby is training in Ohio...but Gabby needs to learn to pay her bills and stop supporting her family....They didn't need to be in LA living off of Gabby's dime to begin with.

McKayla wont be ready to compete this season

At the end she mentions that Gabby is training again

I just love how well-spoken she is. (as far as young athletes go) She makes me happy. Hoping for the best in her recovery. No need to rush back at this point.

She's grown, but there is no doubt in my mind that they're exaggerating it. They'll make a story out of anything (like them talking about Simone's smile at least fifty times tonight).

My favorite part was when they were talking about how shes always calm at competitions and always smiling....

Except she wasn't smiling when the camera was on her, so Amanda switched it to "shes always looking around"....because she was conveniently looking around at that moment.

I hope to see her in Rio. I hope to see McKayla and Kyla in Rio....I guess. I can do without a Aly, Jordyn and Gabby comeback.

And my favorite of the junior-seniors was Regan Smith

Back