All-Star Usasf Age Grid To Be Released Soon!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Being my first year involved in the voting process. I spent the money to go to the regional meeting in ATL, watched the voting web cast many times, and took every vote seriously. Then after months of waiting I realized that all of that effort really did not matter. The rules committee has ALL the control and us coaches mean NOTHING. I feel so sad for our industry right now. Am I the only one who thinks that the if they want us to be able to vote, then they should take the votes as they are and not decide later that they know better and change it.

Being my first year involved in the voting process. I spent the money to go to the regional meeting in ATL, watched the voting web cast many times, and took every vote seriously. Then after months of waiting I realized that all of that effort really did not matter. The rules committee has ALL the control and us coaches mean NOTHING. I feel so sad for our industry right now. Am I the only one who thinks that the if they want us to be able to vote, then they should take the votes as they are and not decide later that they know better and change it.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU! This is exactly how those have participated in the process for the beginning feel. To me it appears that there was no logic behind this decision making. It's business and the powers that be are making bad decisions for our industry. I am so over the "Worlds Only" decision making and I really wish someone in this industry in a position of power would get it right for all of us who care.

I have to agree....you will see most gyms with a Y5 go to the "restricted" division, and probably 1 gym, maybe 2 remain in the regular Y5 division....Just my opinion...

I do think it levels the playing field a bit and will give new gyms a chance to field a Y 5 team and be competitive.

Also i would like to point out... the coaches are who brought up the majority of the voting ballot. So yes, the coaches did have a say. They had things brought forward. If no coaches said anything, then USASF would have had all of the control. Some things that were voted on were passed as they were voted. Some things were thought to be better if changed slightly. Also realize, all of the voting issues only needed 3 people to sign them. So there were many options for a lot of things. And things brought up that might have other wise not have been.

I think there are few things where the majority rules concept is taken and nothing is reviewed. So I'm glad that there is a board to govern this. Otherwise you would see people campaigning for a certain rule. And with some of the major influencers of the industry having strong opinions, i'm sure things could be swayed. So you definitely need to have a governing body review this all.

Also i would like to point out... the coaches are who brought up the majority of the voting ballot. So yes, the coaches did have a say. They had things brought forward. If no coaches said anything, then USASF would have had all of the control. Some things that were voted on were passed as they were voted. Some things were thought to be better if changed slightly. Also realize, all of the voting issues only needed 3 people to sign them. So there were many options for a lot of things. And things brought up that might have other wise not have been.

I think there are few things where the majority rules concept is taken and nothing is reviewed. So I'm glad that there is a board to govern this. Otherwise you would see people campaigning for a certain rule. And with some of the major influencers of the industry having strong opinions, i'm sure things could be swayed. So you definitely need to have a governing body review this all.

We do need to have a governing body without a doubt however the governing body should not be the same people. It would be like our government never changing the representatives and a specific group of people always having control. If that were the case we'd all be suffering tremendously to a dictatorship here in the US.

I am just a parent "with no dog in this fight" as they say. My cp is 14. But the way i see it is, if you feel that it is not appropriate they gave you restricted place to put your athletes. They just also left a place for those that do think it is appropriate. It's not that I feel one is right and the other is wrong, but can't they just coexist? The coaches that choose to do the unrestricted may have less competition, but if that's okay with them, why does everyone that it doesn't affect care? And for those that want to let their kids with fulls participate then why not give them a less intimidating place to do it.

My concern is not the tumbling if you can safely complete a tumbling skill by yourself then do. My concern is the stunting. I don't think youth age CHILDREN should be doing kick double tosses, suicides, one sided supported flips, just to name a few. It is not the tumbling that needs to be restricted but the stunting.

We do need to have a governing body without a doubt however the governing body should not be the same people. It would be like our government never changing the representatives and a specific group of people always having control. If that were the case we'd all be suffering tremendously to a dictatorship here in the US.
I feel like this is also a little different though.
Presidents of boards don't change often. But arent there members of the boards that rotate every 2 years or something?

My concern is not the tumbling if you can safely complete a tumbling skill by yourself then do. My concern is the stunting. I don't think youth age CHILDREN should be doing kick double tosses, suicides, one sided supported flips, just to name a few. It is not the tumbling that needs to be restricted but the stunting.

You think the stunting is dangerous but not throwing a double full? That is the added pressure on their bodies, knees, etc where most injuries occur....not from level 5 stunting...just my opinion

i agree 100%. it baffles me how on the webcast there was huge talk about progression and safety, yet they did not restrict youth 5 as a whole. YES it is entertaining to see such young athletes perform at the this level, but it is an extreme. even on the best of the best youth 5 teams i still see wiggly double downs, lack of body control, and the lack of athletic intelligence that comes with experience. let's not forget the role that body development could play if athletes are learning skills based on improper technique.

I feel like this is also a little different though.
Presidents of boards don't change often. But arent there members of the boards that rotate every 2 years or something?

Note quite sure Rich. All I know is that what from your dearest friend *hint hint* shared with me things are not good concerning those who sit on the board. It's upsetting to know that coaches invest their own personal money to attend these regional meetings, head to Doral for another meeting, come to the NACCC meeting, and even some USASF boards require meetings in Dallas that they pay for themselves only to them be overlooked. This whole issue for me is not about one agenda or trying to get my way. Its about the fact that we as an industry appear so unorganized and unsure of what consistency means. The industry is no different than before USASF the only difference is that we have worlds and no a governing body has a little more power than we companies were independents. Because of the success of worlds and how it's put on a pedestal by some coaches and many athletes in our industry that power is used to manipulate all of us.

I have a quick question... international open coed 6... it says 1-12 males and it is highlighted. How did that change from the current rules?

I watched Youth 5 at NCA and didn't see anything that concerned me. I was more disturbed by the level 3's that barely cleared the floor with their heads on their back tucks. No one is trying to limit coaches that have not level 3 kids attempt level 3 skills. And what about the 15 year olds that are doing these skills that have no business doing them. For me it was much scarier watching the Level 5 senior teams. Some of them were way less skilled! I think for the most part the gyms that have athletes at that level at that age know the limitations of their athletes AND teach through proper progressions. They are reputable gyms that have been doing this a while. If the gym owner, coaches AND the parent are okay with it, then who am I to tell them that is too dangerous. Look at what these teeny tiny gymnasts do on a beam or bars. No one's gonna catch them when they fall.

you cant compare gymnast who are in the gym 20 - 25 hours a week with a cheerleader that is in the gyn 4 - 8 hours a week. Gymnast are far better conditioned.

i agree 100%. it baffles me how on the webcast there was huge talk about progression and safety, yet they did not restrict youth 5 as a whole. YES it is entertaining to see such young athletes perform at the this level, but it is an extreme. even on the best of the best youth 5 teams i still see wiggly double downs, lack of body control, and the lack of athletic intelligence that comes with experience. let's not forget the role that body development could play if athletes are learning skills based on improper technique.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. I honestly see both sides of this issue. If the rule had gone the other way I might be speaking from the otherside. I see wiggly double downs in senior divisions. So should we make them stop too? No the best way to get it not wiggly is to practice it. I think the youth teams need to keep practicing it too. Really from what I saw at NCA, most of the coaches were already restricting their teams without regulations requiring them to do so.

Back