All-Star Usasf Age Grid To Be Released Soon!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I could be wrong but I have a gut feeling the levels 1-4 at 32, and the level 5 at 36 was a way to try and make everyone happy. I feel like it was a compromise they had to eventually come to because they were never going to agree on going 30 across the board. Same goes for keeping youth 5 and adding a restricted youth 5.

I agree with you 100%! It feels that's exactly what was done however making everyone happy shouldn't have been the goal. They should have done what's right and what will help the industry as a whole. Having 32 for levels 1-4 but only 36 for levels 5 is stupid and unfair. Once again level is the end all be all and their will be teams walking around with world champion rings and medals that competed against 2 teams. Well isn't that just great! LOL

They claim to want to gather information and use a entire season as the guinea pig instead of listening to the coaches, and gym owners who actually have the information to provide in leaning towards to right direction. They are playing with peoples gyms and lively hoods.

Isn't limiting the 1 -4 levels to 32 encouraging pyramids stunts not to have backs? Can already see teams are still going to create as if they had 36.

Not a fan of youth 5 . . . this is a clear example of just because they can does not mean they should. I think the stunts at level 5 are too dangerous for a many athletes under age 10.

I competed a team of 30 all season except uca. I liked it and never felt that limited.

Well, Youth 5 restricted will have all the competition. Youth 5 in general will have one team. So maybe in a year, when they said they would review, that will fix itself.

Medium coed will be an insanely popular division. Medium all girl will also be very popular. Large all girl will go the way of unlimited coed. Large coed will see a small resurgence for a year or two, but the large number of people required to have the team when these teams of 30 have all the competition is going to eat away at large. In the end this will get rid of the 36 as well.

Well, Youth 5 restricted will have all the competition. Youth 5 in general will have one team. So maybe in a year, when they said they would review, that will fix itself.

Medium coed will be an insanely popular division. Medium all girl will also be very popular. Large all girl will go the way of unlimited coed. Large coed will see a small resurgence for a year or two, but the large number of people required to have the team when these teams of 30 have all the competition is going to eat away at large. In the end this will get rid of the 36 as well.

Very well said kingston! You make such great points that it makes me wonder why wouldn't the USASF just make this happen to begin with? Why do you we have to go through an entire season to prove it? Why do we have to add a division to delete another instead of just fixing the divisions that have obvious issues now?

Very well said kingston! You make such great points that it makes me wonder why wouldn't the USASF just make this happen to begin with? Why do you we have to go through an entire season to prove it? Why do we have to add a division to delete another instead of just fixing the divisions that have obvious issues now?

I am going to give some people the benefit of the doubt on this one. Possibly this is a a baby step that will cause the changes we want (you know.. the ones the majority of coaches voted on?) to end up happening. Really breaking it down I see a lot of things I want to happen being encouraged by these rules. Its just that these rules in the mean time suck.

Couldn't possibly disagree with you more Kingston. Especially considering large coed will likely be back better than ever next season. Guess we will all wait and see.
Medium all girl will almost definitely be a worlds bid division ( pending approval by the worlds advisory board ).. That clarification should be made very soon.
The hope for all parties is that more teams will take a baby step out of small and at least field medium sized teams in all divisions and that one day we can have equivalent sized divisions in small, medium and large one day.

I think the 3 hour conference calls may have caused this...having both divisions (as ridiculous as it may be) will create survival of the fittest. The gyms that said they would compete Y5 Restricted will have to pony up if they want to see that division beat out Y5. I agree with Kingston, there will be one (maybe two) regular Y5 and then a bunch of Y5 restricted teams. I just don't want to see Y4 take a beating and disappear because everyone puts their 4's on Y5R.

How about a 'For Example'.

For Example: Let us say I wanted to make sure no more kids were allowed to wear bobby pins when the competed. I tried to pass a rule that says 'bobby pins are illegal', but certain people don't want that! So I strike a deal that says bobby pins are legal, but if one comes out of the hair its a 50 point deduction. What would I do as a coach? Stop allowing my kids to wear bobby pins. I think these rules are that type of solution. They will get at our voted on results, while making people happy along the way until they realize what happened.

Also.. Medium coed for now has a limit of 36.. What do you
mean these teams of 30... PS I hope 28 is the number we settle on for medium ( halfway between 20 and 36 and 7 groups )

Also.. Medium coed for now has a limit of 36.. What do you
mean these teams of 30... PS I hope 28 is the number we settle on for medium ( halfway between 20 and 36 and 7 groups )

Not unless someone messed up typing the age grid. Medium has a limit of 30.

I guess. But Medium coed got so big because there weren't enough boys to field large coed teams. Now they went and raised the number required to be large again, have new requirements for actual stunting (per most of people following Worlds example) and have no boys in the pipe to fill in those positions. The more I read these rules the more I am a fan of them cause I realize what they will actually do. Eliminate large eventually.

Couldn't possibly disagree with you more Kingston. Especially considering large coed will likely be back better than ever next season. Guess we will all wait and see.
Medium all girl will almost definitely be a worlds bid division ( pending approval by the worlds advisory board ).. That clarification should be made very soon.
The hope for all parties is that more teams will take a baby step out of small and at least field medium sized teams in all divisions and that one day we can have equivalent sized divisions in small, medium and large one day.

If Medium all girl will be a worlds division, I think that division will explode. I hope that Large Coed can keep the expected growth past next year. I do share your hope that programs will start stepping out of small and start fielding larger teams. Having deeper divisions is a benefit to the entire industry.

Back