All-Star Veteran Versus New Posters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And a note to the vets, if I may - please allow the newbies into what can feel like an elitist clique, when looking at it from the outside. It doesn't help them feel the least bit welcome and inhibits what could be interesting conversation.

My TOP 5 Newbie Tips:
  • Read through a thread before you post a question. Never preface a question with "I really don't feel like reading through this thread so can you just tell me..."
  • Spell check...there are some grammar Nazi's on here, that will eat you for lunch.
  • Offer an opinion. Do not assume all will agree and do not be insulted if they do not.
  • NEVER post a thread that starts with "My sisters best friends mother who works in the office at Acme Cheer heard that the level 5 coach said that a coach from another team tweeted...." or anything resembles that.
  • A simple "It's not my style..." is so much better than "That uniform looks like someone threw up in a blender and splattered it on the skirt before bedazzling it" also proclaiming "That uniform screams Hookers R Us..." is not going to endear you to a veteran except maybe Rudags or ACEDAD
PS. Use hashtags at your own risk. #justsayin

The Fierce Board is kinda like high school in a way...

First you're a freshman (newbies) and often ask repetitive questions and don't seem as wise or knowledgable as others. Need guidance.

After you're a freshman, you become a sophomore (the "younger" "veterans"), when you think you're cool and run the show and make fun of the freshman...when in reality, you're often barely past that stage.

Then there's the juniors (the more seasoned posters), who know what's going on, are more friendly to the youngins and have a lot of good stuff to say.

There there are the seniors (the people who have been around forever) that mostly chill out, don't care too much, and only really show up or have anything to say if there's a scandal (uniform malfunction).

And a note to the vets, if I may - please allow the newbies into what can feel like an elitist clique, when looking at it from the outside. It doesn't help them feel the least bit welcome and inhibits what could be interesting conversation.

I'm probably considered a veteran and I whole-heartedly agree! No one should be purposely excluded.

I've met many friends from here and when I want to laugh about old times i just call or text them. I've never really seen the point of discussing it here when so many have no clue what we are talking about.

After you're a freshman, you become a sophomore (the "younger" "veterans"), when you think you're cool and run the show and make fun of the freshman...when in reality, you're often barely past that stage.
this is me. hahahahah

dont forget the few sophomores and juniors that think they are already seniors.
god this is to funny remembering my high school days

First you're a freshman (newbies) and often ask repetitive questions and don't seem as wise or knowledgable as others. Need guidance.

Then there's the juniors (the more seasoned posters), who know what's going on, are more friendly to the youngins and have a lot of good stuff to say.

There there are the seniors (the people who have been around forever) that mostly chill out, don't care too much, and only really show up or have anything to say if there's a scandal (uniform malfunction).
However, I think it's easy to become a sophomore. I was on here a while before posting. Just seriously read through everything a garner a bit of knowledge about the boards before posting.

I've been here for about a year and at first I was kind of intimidated a first but after a while you understand some of the jokes and everyone is super nice. Just think before you post and try to use good spelling an grammar and you'll be just fine:)

Uh oh, ACEDAD, CharlotteASMom, I think we just got age-outed. Ha ha ha. I want to know if we get a Senior Discount at Worlds. ;):).

You know you have reached 'Senior' status when you:
  • Say what you didn't know to say when you were a Freshman
  • Say what you were afraid to say when you were a Sophomore
  • Say what you wanted to say as a Junior but repressed because you still had to be a mentor to the underclassmen.
  • Say what you really feel and let the flak jacket take the bullets.
:kiss:

There are so many people that I still consider "newbies" that consider themselves veterans lol.

Now that I think about it, I've been here I think 7 years now and there are probably some that consider me new, too (I'm lookin' at you ACEDAD ;) )

Now, now. I'm not quite that judgemental! Am I?

I've been on the boards for a few years, but I'm not big poster. I read a lot here and my gym owners and other coaches laugh at me when my conversation starts with "...on the Fierce Board..."

I love the different views and opinions from all over the world and maybe I'll start posting more.

My one tip (I apologize if it was already said and I missed it) for the newbies, use the search function! Try different variations of your question because most likely, it's already been discussed.

I can rehash my 'How I Found the Fierceboard' story, it was a very painful process. I hope nobody ever has to discover the 'joys' of the internet the way I did.

Long story short, I decided to make cheer videos that someone on here found on youtube (oddly enough, DJ was asking me about them yesterday. No, they don't exist anywhere :D). They were meant to be informative, and to help quell down some of the youtube drama that was common on videos (back before this place was this popular, or this well-monitored). A person who saw my videos directed me here as a way to help make sure I was reporting factual information. I came on, happened to click on a thread that featured me and my videos being generally destroyed, to put it mildly. I was humiliated- I'd never experienced anything like that in my life! I didn't know how to handle it- I wrote what was probably the sassiest post I've ever written in my life. Apparently, whatever I said was the right thing, because people backed off- some even offered to help me make them better! I decided that it wasn't worth it though, the hurt still burned pretty hot, and I wasn't sure I wanted to keep dealing with that. I did, however, decide to stay. 3 or so years later and I've never left.

However- I don't know if things would have worked out necessarily the same way if I were to do it all again at THIS point in the board's life. It's a different animal than it was back then, and who's to say if my response would have been accepted the same way? What I DID learn was a way to stand up for myself and dish it back WITHOUT just coming off as rude, just direct.

Back