All-Star Viral Article

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just think if you participated in a legal activity that your employer didn't 100% approve. Think we have any people here on the board that might fit that description? Remember that can include political activity because the 1st amendment protects you from the government but not private businesses.

Tattoos, piercings, Twerking instruction videos, motorcycle riding, gun collector, maybe even cheerleader or coach...

Lots of legal things that others might not approve completely. Want to be fired for any if those things or any number of things I haven't mentioned?

The Fierce Board: where 16 out of 20 voice overs are allowed...

Maybe its because I'm in a right to work state and I know that even as a librarian, I can be fired the second I do something that represents the system poorly, I'm not bothered by any of this stuff. It sucks that the line between personal and professional constantly gets blurred.... but I gotta eat. But like you said Axelle didn't have anything to lose anyway....besides potential I suppose

Oh, Alabama is a huge right to work state and I support that. But we're continuing down a very lonely road I'm afraid.

Just think if you participated in a legal activity that your employer didn't 100% approve. Think we have any people here on the board that might fit that description? Remember that can include political activity because the 1st amendment protects you from the government but not private businesses.

Tattoos, piercings, Twerking instruction videos, motorcycle riding, gun collector, maybe even cheerleader or coach...

Lots of legal things that others might not approve completely. Want to be fired for any if those things or any number of things I haven't mentioned?

ehhh if it's a private company, it doesn't bother me. i'm not even in a profession yet, but i am on my way to a professional degree. at orientation we were told by every person lecturing that we became doctors the second we stepped foot in the doors and will be held to a higher standard by the public whether we like it or not. we can't be out wasted every night or photographed even holding a wine glass in our hand. people have been kicked out of this program for those very things and it isn't even the "real world" yet. chiropractic may not be life or death, but people are trusting us with their health and their loved ones. modeling definitely isn't life or death but models become ambassadors and are the face of their brand. i wouldn't want my company associated with the killing of exotic animals for pleasure, but that's just me.

i'm also pretty sure the non profit i worked for previously had a clause in my contract that i was a representation of their brand and if they didn't like something i said or did on social media there would be repercussions. it's like that one bad apple parent at a cheer comp who ruins someones opinion of the whole program for doing something stupid. gym owners have a right to remove that parent, too.

This discussion reminds me of this quote:
"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."
-Phil Robertson

True story Phil.

now were quoting Duck Dynasty..........:banghead:
What's this "we" business? That was me.

And yes, I'll quote an honorable, God fearing man every day. You on the other hand attributed SE fans with the quote "If it ain't broke don't fix it." Because surely they were the first ones to ever say that little nugget of golden wisdom.

What's this "we" business? That was me.

And yes, I'll quote an honorable, God fearing man every day. You on the other hand attributed SE fans with the quote "If it ain't broke don't fix it." Because surely they were the first ones to ever say that little nugget of golden wisdom.
honorable and Phil do not belong in the same sentence.

According to Google, it was Rick Warren who made that quote.
I googled and haven't found that anywhere. Where did you see it? I wouldn't want to incorrectly attribute quotes I found on the internetz.

Just think if you participated in a legal activity that your employer didn't 100% approve.

We legalized marijuana in Washington and finally went on sale publically last week on Tuesday. I know most private businesses will still continue to drug test as part of the hiring process and have stated that marijuana use will disqualify you. My work sent out an email as soon as the law was passed that they will continue to have a zero-tolerance policy (medical reasons included) for marijuana use.

Let's look at a related example.

Bob Beckel, a liberal commentator of long standing, recently used the term "Chinamen" on his talk show, The Five. There are a number of people calling for his firing.

Should he be? Why or why not?

Let's look at a related example.

Bob Beckel, a liberal commentator of long standing, recently used the term "Chinamen" on his talk show, The Five. There are a number of people calling for his firing.

Should he be? Why or why not?

Sure, why not. He's a representative of his network and if they think his comments portray the network in a bad light, they have every right to fire him. My answer doesn't change because you put the adjective "liberal" in front of his title.

Latest posts

Back