All-Star Viral Article

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ah, finally. Someone I went to school with (boy, never cheered, huge hunter) liked her Facebook page, and liked one of her pictures where she's wearing a Spirit of Texas shirt and it popped up on my timeline. Yes, this really has come full circle.
Excuse the double post. My best friend is an athletic trainer and never cheered a day in her life. She got a job working over the summers at Camp Woodward, not in a specific area, just assisting with any injuries that occur. She got her first taste of cheerlebrities and always texts me their name and if I've heard of them. (The answer is always no)

I really don't like it when my cheer life and my real life intermix.

I can appreciate a need for hunting when it comes to population control of an animal or when it is a matter of survival. I was myself raised on venison, elk, and bear. There was no 'sport' hunting involved. We went hungry if we didn't hunt. There were always population counts performed and the hunting season length and the number of tags issued was based accordingly. I hated it but I liked to eat. And although I personally could never bring myself to shoot an animal, I understood the necessity of it.

I do not understand the killing of animals as described by this girl. Her rationale for the killing was lame. I would never think it was okay to go to a zoo and kill an elephant, even if it was legal. And that's in essence what she did. Then for her to pat herself on the back by selling the killing as some altruistic act on her part is ludicrous. Does she really think people are going to buy her story and walk away thinking she's made some contribution to mankind ? What she did had nothing to do with feeding people in Africa. What she did had everything to do with feeding her ego.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

kind of a similar story here:

gorgeous belgian soccer fan gets a l'oreal modeling contract after her world cup pics went viral. one example:

vwr96a.jpg

not to long after, she gets dropped from l'oreal after posting this pic:

screen-shot-2014-07-09-at-5-09-15-pm.png

gorgeous belgian soccer fan gets a l'oreal modeling contract after her world cup pics went viral. one example:

vwr96a.jpg

L'Oreal can do what they want but this is getting ridiculous.

The Fierce Board: more debates than USASF has divisions but only barely

vwr96a.jpg

good for loreal for standing up!

L'Oreal can do what they want but this is getting ridiculous.

The Fierce Board: more debates than USASF has divisions but only barely

Which part is getting ridiculous? The hunting of "exotic" animals in Africa and then posing with them? (I'm assuming shes in Africa and the animals is exotic to me)..... or Brands quickly disassociating with representatives the second the representative does something that may cause a public uproar?

Which part is getting ridiculous? The hunting of "exotic" animals in Africa and then posing with them? (I'm assuming shes in Africa and the animals is exotic to me)..... or Brands quickly disassociating with representatives the second the representative does something that may cause a public uproar?

The part where everyone somehow has to be in 100% lockstep agreement or somehow it taints the entire association.

As I said the business can do what they wish, and I support that. But I am concerned where this is headed. She'll be fine because she didn't really lose anything since she never had it. But others did, like the Mozilla exec, because a group decided that they didn't agree with something and he should be sacrificed.

It's all fun and games until it starts impacting people you know.

The Fierce Board: where 16 out of 20 voice overs are allowed...

Last edited:
if i were L'Oreal i think i would take more issue with the "hunting Americans" part.

though i am thoroughly confused by her "hunting is not a matter of life and death... it is much more important than that" comment. like what do you mean? it should be life or death. you're starving, so you kill the animal to eat and live, or your life is in danger (from the animal hunting you) so you kill the animal to live. you are choosing whether they live or die... is that not what life or death means? girl is dumb.

if i were L'Oreal i think i would take more issue with the "hunting Americans" part.

though i am thoroughly confused by her "hunting is not a matter of life and death... it is much more important than that" comment. like what do you mean? it should be life or death. you're starving, so you kill the animal to eat and live, or your life is in danger (from the animal hunting you) so you kill the animal to live. you are choosing whether they live or die... is that not what life or death means? girl is dumb.

Some form of that saying is probably on a billion shirts. People have said the same thing about cheer, football, etc.

The part where everyone somehow has to be in 100% lockstep agreement or somehow it taints the entire association.

As I said the business can do what they wish, and I support that. But I am concerned where this is headed. She'll be fine because she didn't really lose anything since she never had it. But others, like the Mozilla exec, because a group decided that they didn't agree with something and he should be sacrificed.

i just realized something. now, it doesnt surprise me that a makeup company ditched someone for this. makeup companies have been blackeyed by animal product testing in the past. just about the majority of major makeup producers will print "not animal tested" on their products. so it doesnt surprise me too much that l'oreal had a knee-jerk reaction. they even have a special webpage dedicated to it:

The Question of Animal Testing - L’Oréal Answers - L’Oréal Group

Here's where a famous soccer player/coach wrote a book and used part of it as the title.

Bill Shankly - Wikiquote

So that's really not the issue.

As I said the business can do what they wish, and I support that. But I am concerned where this is headed. She'll be fine because she didn't really lose anything since she never had it. But others, like the Mozilla exec, because a group decided that they didn't agree with something and he should be sacrificed.

Maybe its because I'm in a right to work state and I know that even as a librarian, I can be fired the second I do something that represents the system poorly, I'm not bothered by any of this stuff. It sucks that the line between personal and professional constantly gets blurred.... but I gotta eat. But like you said Axelle didn't have anything to lose anyway....besides potential I suppose

Back