OT What Did You Get For Christmas?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
haha so did my 7 year old cousin! he uses my aunts iPhone all the time to play games, and she gets really tired of giving it to him because he never wants to give it back. but I think they've done a lot of parental protecting on it so he can't actually download anything on his own.

Yeah she was always taking over my mom's ipad...or her moms iphone or imac...and perfect strangers iphones for that matter...So now shes been annoying everyone with her iPad mini....that she played with from 4am Christmas morning until 11pm Christmas night...clearly killing brain cells

I don't know how you celebrate Christmas in US. But here Christmas is when all family come together, goes to curch and have fun, presents are small and not so importnat part of Christmas. I see on youtube, instagram, facbook some american the only thing they care on christmas day is what presents they will get.

Don't get me wrong. I love americans. It's just we celebrate Christmas in totally different way. It more like family holiday
I actually think some people don't know the meaning of christmas except that they get presents. It's actually one of the few aspects of American life I'm not very proud of.

This is the thread that always makes me question what I did wrong as an adult that prevented me from making six figures a year like these parents obviously do. I'll never understand how a family pays for cheer, privates, tumbling, vacations to great places, and literally $1000 in Christmas presents and not be over their heads in debt......
IDK how others do it, but I know that my parents buy our Christmas presents throughout the year to spread out the cost, because there are five of us. They also don't really buy us anything that's not necessary throughout the year - all the fun stuff (electronics, overpriced clothes, etc) they say "put it on your Christmas list." Though our Christmases aren't nearly as extravagant as some peoples. I do think some people's parents are outrageous about the money they spend on Christmas though. For us, if we get, like, a new phone, then that's our main gift and we don't get much else, just little things. But some people get like a phone, an iPad, a laptop, etc.... it's crazy!

my big present was a fire-proof safe....because in the last year or so, my mom kept telling me to "put (insert important document) in your fire-proof safe"...and I didn't have one, so I had to put it in hers...It's stuff like my car title, and some other things like that, when I live three and a half hours away, it does me no good to keep it at my parents (and my parents and I don't always get along so it makes me nervous to leave some things in their possession in the event we fight and they try to "take it from me"). How fun.

#youknowyourgrowingupwhen
#youngadultprobz

my big present was a fire-proof safe....because in the last year or so, my mom kept telling me to "put (insert important document) in your fire-proof safe"...and I didn't have one, so I had to put it in hers...It's stuff like my car title, and some other things like that, when I live three and a half hours away, it does me no good to keep it at my parents (and my parents and I don't always get along so it makes me nervous to leave some things in their possession in the event we fight and they try to "take it from me"). How fun.

#youknowyourgrowingupwhen
#youngadultprobz

My cousin got one of those - it really is such a great idea, I keep all that stuff at my parents too. It doesn't even have to be big, just a fireproof lock box that I can throw under my bed.

I got a crockpot and a toaster oven and some cook books. I was pretty pumped about that! I also went to three family christmases on Christmas eve - my boyfriend's dad, his mom, and then my parents. Christmas Day was pretty lowkey with dinner at my grandmother's - that was my favorite part.

xo sarah
Uhhh I take that back, maybe I don't want a cat...
The best way to enjoy cats is through the internet
jennamarbles_zpsc5ea276f.jpg

And by best... I mean only

I don't know how you celebrate Christmas in US. But here Christmas is when all family come together, goes to curch and have fun, presents are small and not so importnat part of Christmas. I see on youtube, instagram, facbook some american the only thing they care on christmas day is what presents they will get.

Don't get me wrong. I love americans. It's just we celebrate Christmas in totally different way. It more like family holiday

well actually, this is how my family celebrates christmas as well, and I do indeed live in the U.S...

it kinda disgusts me the way people treat christmas these days. it's not suppose to be about the presents or the money, but it pretty much is for everyone. technology these days doesn't exactly help either though. it's all about material things and who has more and whose is better. it's upsetting.

it is also a family holiday for us. church, dinner together, and family game night. my mom encourages us to do more thoughtful things for christmas rather than spend money. I made my sister a photo collage of her wedding pictures. for example, my highschool used to do christmas on campus, and we would bring in kids that really didn't have a christmas, and do christmasy things with them, and then buy them some small presents and watch them open them. the joy on their faces was always priceless. my sister works in a not good school district in downtown cleveland, and her kids dont get christmas presents. at all. because their family's cant afford them. so she helps buy them things. you know what's super disheartening? to see the joy on a kids face when he or she unwraps something like socks or a winter jacket, because mom and dad can't afford it.

so why ya'll sit here and say, oh I didn't get much, and oh it was a rough year, keep in perspective what "rough year" means to many families out there, and how truly blessed ya'll are.

and on that note, merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you.

My dad may make a lot of money but it's because he's worked so hard for all of us. I was surprised my birthday when they got me the expensive camera I wanted AND a while gold ring with 9 jewels on it (6 diamonds and 3 amethysts). I really didn't expect much for Christmas. They got me so much more than I could ever want or need. I put things on my list I liked but I would've been happy with gift cards and a few outfits. I know not all families are as well off as we are. My favorite part about Christmas is spending it with the people I love. We do dinner, Mass, and Christmas Bingo every year with my grandparents. I hate how some of the people I know aren't appreciative of what they have. I remember my Sophomore year of high school this girl at my lunch table got an Acura SUV. She wanted a Porsche so she declared she would purposefully crash the Acura so she could get the Porsche. People disgust me sometimes. I wish more people would be thankful for what they have. I am truly thankful for the wonderful family I have. Although we may not get along all the time they're the only family I'll get so I cherish every moment and every Christmas memory with them.

And there's my rant for the night :p

All I got was some Blue Beats by Dre headphones Thanks to my older sis:) , $50, and some gumbo. What more can a girl ask for. ;) Anything else I want have to wait until payday Friday. Oh the downfall to being a working adult.

im 25 and I have 4 kids to buy for!!

we did a white elephant with the team i coach, and i got home made nail stickers (everyone had to do something home made)

my husband got me an ipad stand thingy for my lap :)
my mom got me 2 aero sweatshirts lil perfumes choc covered cherries (tradition for years) and she made me a scarf. :) i was very happy with all of it. OOOO and i got 3 different sizes curling wands :) :) super happy about those. my kids got a TON of toys n stuff:) its all about them :) :)

Latest posts

Back