OT What Have You Lost At...?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 17, 2011
What have you lost at a competition?? Someone posted this as their status on facebook, and I thought it would be a "fun" thread on here.

Some people responded with their "sanity" and their "voice" haha!

Well, along with my voice (and sanity), I once lost a bag (that we had just bought at the comp) full of t-shirts and bows and pants and just.. everything that we had gotten that entire day at the competition.. luckily, we found it :) My mom also lost her brand new iPhone last year, but thankfully, one of the team dads found it!! We got really lucky both times.. I know we've lost more than that at comps/the hotels we've stayed at, but that's all that comes to my mind right now..

One of the athletes that goes to my gym lost a bracelet that had a lot of sentimental value to her (I think her dad had gotten it for her or something) at the hotel we stayed at for Indy Supers either last year or the year before. Unfortunately, the hotel never found it :/

Ready? Set.. GO! :)
:enjoyshow:

I'll never forget. My VERY first cheer competition happened to be the weekend of my mom's grandfather's funeral, so she took my brother to Oklahoma with her to be there. Therefore, my dad took me to my very first competition...nothing against cheer dads (there's some pretty awesome ones!), but my dad is a die-hard baseball dad. :rolleyes:
So, completely irrelevant, but before the competition, my dad took me to my neighbor to do my makeup, (this was back in the CEA days of Teal glitter, silver glitter & glitter lips) and she put the completely wrong makeup on. haha, so we had to have someone redo it at the competition which was a chaotic mess.
ANYWAYS, when we got there, my dad gave me my bag and said give it to a team mom. Well...I was 6...and didn't know who my team moms really were, so I gave it to who ever I saw with a CEA shirt on. Needless to say...she was from a different CEA location...they had to make an announcement for whoever had it to bring it to us. bahaha.

I left my uniform jacket at a Jamfest competition one year when I was younger. They were SUPER nice (my mom and I had gone back to try and find it after the comp ended and everyone was cleaning) and looked for it after I described it to them and I gave them my address. We didn't think we'd ever get it back, but after 2 weeks it arrived in the mail! It was awesome! My mom had been saying that I would have to buy a new jacket with my own money since I lost it. Ever since then, I've kept my stuff either in my bag or in my hands haha!!

Oh and on the bag issue- well everybody knows the Ace red bag right? Well at Cheersport Grand I put my bag on the side of the wall with everyone else's to go to warmups, and when I came back it was gone! I freaked out!! But luckily an hour later a girl came back with my bag. She accidentally took it thinking it was hers since they are all alike!

Our very 1st NCA I lost my cp! She left the bathroom before me and walked off. Luckily some moms from CAC stopped her in time for me to catch up to her!
The next NCA she lost her NCA lanyard full of pins in the bathroom.

Our very 1st NCA I lost my cp! She left the bathroom before me and walked off. Luckily some moms from CAC stopped her in time for me to catch up to her!
The next NCA she lost her NCA lanyard full of pins in the bathroom.
You guys haven't had good bathroom encounters have you? lol-- it's super scary when you lose a small cp at a comp.. I remember my first comp ever after we competed, we were talking with our coach, when another one of our coaches came over and was like, "You guys know so and so right? Go look for her she's missing!" she was like 5, but it was the scariest thing in the world...
Did you guys ever find the lanyard?

I left my warm up jacket at like, my third competition ever. It was GSSA in2003 and my coach found it and brought it home :).

I also left my bag in warmups at Jamz Natls last year... and when I went back to find it Cheer Force Nfinity was warming up, so I just kinda hung out there...:oops:

Last edited:
Cheersport 2010- My sister thought she lost her ipod (she hadn't)
Cheersport 2011- My sister lost her digital camera (some girl on another team snatched it..)
Cheersport 2012- I lost my wallet in the coaches room. It was returned 2 months later by Cheersport.

I'm dreading Cheersport 2013 because of my family's track record...and this year my 7 year old niece is competing. My money is on her getting lost in the QUWNS Connector on the way to awards...

I left my warm up jacket at like, my third competition ever. It was GSSA in like, 2003 and my coach found it and brought it home :).

I also left my bag in warmups at Jamz Natls last year... and when I went back to find it Cheer Force Nfinity was warming up, so I just kinda hung out there...:oops:
something I would totally do! lol

Cheersport 2010- My sister thought she lost her ipod (she hadn't)
Cheersport 2011- My sister lost her digital camera (some girl on another team snatched it..)
Cheersport 2012- I lost my wallet in the coaches room. It was returned 2 months later by Cheersport.

I'm dreading Cheersport 2013 because of my family's track record...and this year my 7 year old niece is competing. My money is on her getting lost in the QUWNS Connector on the way to awards...
I've had the fear that I lost my ipod before... Had that happen at Indy supers last year!! Talk about being scared lol

I nearly lost $20 once... it fell out of my bag when I was looking through it for something and one of my friends picked it up and gave it back to me... thankfully!!!

The stuff in bold... let's just say. I'm dying ;D haha!

We always travel together to comps. And at some time bus stopped so we could went to toilet. One of our girls forgot her wallet at the toilet, after 7 hours on the bus she noticed her wallet is missing! With all her ID cards, money, ... We called at the gas station if they found any wallet at the toilet and they said no.
After 2 weeks she got it back. Someone sent it to her. With all her money and ID cards in it.

We always travel together to comps. And at some time bus stopped so we could went to toilet. One of our girls forgot her wallet at the toilet, after 7 hours on the bus she noticed her wallet is missing! With all her ID cards, money, ... We called at the gas station if they found any wallet at the toilet and they said no.
After 2 weeks she got it back. Someone sent it to her. With all her money and ID cards in it.
Now THAT is very lucky...

I thought you were going to say one of the girls got left at the bathroom stop...this was actually a big fear of mine when the buses would stop at a rest stop for food and all the kids would get off, especially when my cps were younger.

oh and this was when we were in Germany!!

I thought you were going to say one of the girls got left at the bathroom stop...this was actually a big fear of mine when the buses would stop at a rest stop for food and all the kids would get off, especially when my cps were younger.

omg yes!! When I was a coach this was my biggest fear. They always had to go to the toilet in groups (like 3 - 5 girls together) but I was still so afraid we're going left someone there. I always counted them twice if there's all of us.

I lost a bracelet at NCA camp one year. Thankfully it was a knockoff Tiffany bracelet and not the real thing.
Both venues that I work at hold cheer comps so I deal A LOT with lost shoes and things (I found some nike pros this past weekend), my reccomendation is put some sort of indicator with your name and number on it. I use my buisness card, make some of your own at vistaprint or something they are GREAT!
If the venue finds it they will generally look for a name/number on it and try to contact that person. I label all of my stuff. If you have an iphone or ipod make a background on your lock screen that says "if found please call XXX-XXX-XXXX." I left mine in a cab and that is how they returned it.
Also, contact the venue as well, sometimes things don't turn up until weeks after the event and if we don't know which event it comes from we just keep it in house until someone calls.

Back