OT What Have You Lost At...?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just got home after locking my keys In my car at a comp 2 hours from home. :( I have NEVER locked myself out before. Ughhhhh! $200 later ~ it's 1 am ~ AND I have to drive back tomorrow. Rant over.
It's days like that I'm really glad I have triple A... I used to lock my keys in my car at least twice a month before my parents decided I needed to keep a spare key under the tire gap thing. I got a new car recently and I haven't locked them in yet but I'm terrified I will. Lol

Well, i didn't really lose this, but in a way.
So i went up to go get a competition program shirt, and i grab the one i want, and just kinda hold it up to see if it'd fit me. So then i hand the lady 35 dollars (holy moly that was a lot) and i just carried it around for awhile. On the way home, we stopped at Red Robin, so i was gonna put it on. Apparently, when they made it, they glued the inside to the outside. So it was impossible to put on. My dad tried to seperate it, but if he did there would be tons of holes.
I made him do it anyway, so i paid 35 bucks for a t shirt that has so many holes.
My dad even tried to contact that company, but no luck.

So in a way, i lost my money at a competition :mad:

It's days like that I'm really glad I have triple A... I used to lock my keys in my car at least twice a month before my parents decided I needed to keep a spare key under the tire gap thing. I got a new car recently and I haven't locked them in yet but I'm terrified I will. Lol
Lol! I'm 38 and have never done that! I was soooo mad at myself!!! Argh!!!! I was sooo wishing I had one of those hidden keys last night!!
ETA: I have also never used so many exclamation points either. Haha! ;)

So i went up to go get a competition program shirt, and i grab the one i want, and just kinda hold it up to see if it'd fit me. So then i hand the lady 35 dollars (holy moly that was a lot) and i just carried it around for awhile. On the way home, we stopped at Red Robin, so i was gonna put it on. Apparently, when they made it, they glued the inside to the outside. So it was impossible to put on. My dad tried to seperate it, but if he did there would be tons of holes.
I made him do it anyway, so i paid 35 bucks for a t shirt that has so many holes.

Awww - poor kid! That is a lot of $$ :(

This is why I always check shirts and put them on before I leave any sort of store. I have had one to many issues buying shirts without putting them on first, holes, rips, you know

I lost my phone one time and it was dead..not a good scenario. Thank goodness the girl that found it charged it and called my mom and found her. She was not a happy camper..

I've lost my mom a lot, I've lost in general, I left my makeup bag with some pretty expensive stuff in it, and I nearly lost control when we were told we were grand champs and first place, then changed it an hour later because of a miscalculation, fun times

I lost a boot at a competition once. Yep, just one of them. Had to walk back to the car in the snow in my cheer shoes, oops!

And I think my parents would definitely argue that they lose their hearing at every competition.

Back in the rec days, our league competition was held out doors at a high school and each team had their own little area with just the cheerleaders and coaches (parents were not allowed on the cheerleader side). When one team would go from their respected organization, the rest would follow up to the bleachers to watch. Well, when my team was performing, someone forgot to give "spot watching" duties to someone else and all of our stuff was left right out and several girls from my team had their phones and iPods stolen! Of course word got around that another team took them and once we went and confronted the older team, fingers were pointed at the 7/8 year old team... Coaches then got involved and started saying we made it all up and just trying to start drama, the girls didn't take our stuff.. (this team has been known for having sticky fingers anyway) and all this other nonsense. About 10 minutes later, one of the league coordinators were checking the accused teams bags and found 19 phones/iPods in a pillow case of their 7/8 year old team.
They got disqualified for the 2nd year in a row after that discovery.

Not at a competition,but when I used to live in Delaware, we were flying to see family in California and get prepared for our later move to Arizona,and I had a special build a bear, which was my first one, and I left it on a plane. I was so upset, and we contacted the airline, and build a bear because apparently there's a tracking device in the little heart you put in the bear, and they never found it,so my mom took me to make another one (which ironically,was a cat lol).
A week later, we got a box from Build a bear, and they had made me another bear and gave me a signed card from the corporate office saying "how sorry they were for losing my toy". I was seriously the happiest kid ever.

Not at a competition,but when I used to live in Delaware, we were flying to see family in California and get prepared for our later move to Arizona,and I had a special build a bear, which was my first one, and I left it on a plane. I was so upset, and we contacted the airline, and build a bear because apparently there's a tracking device in the little heart you put in the bear, and they never found it,so my mom took me to make another one (which ironically,was a cat lol).
A week later, we got a box from Build a bear, and they had made me another bear and gave me a signed card from the corporate office saying "how sorry they were for losing my toy". I was seriously the happiest kid ever.
Now THAT is fantastic customer service :)

I lost non-cp once when he was about 6 1/2. Finally found him playing under the bleachers (it was at a janky comp at a HS) with a bunch of other non-cps. I believe I wished I had a magically refilling flask on hand once I found him, I needed it.

Well if we're bringing this back, I guess I'll add. At USA Nationals last year, my teammate and I managed to lose 7 hotel room cards in the one day/night that we were there. I really don't know how that happened...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i lost my warmup jacket at the last competition of the season last year. now i'm super sentimental and since it was my first season ever, i thought "omg, it's my first cheerleading jacket/uniform! how could i lose it?! blah blah blah" all that sentimental sad stuff. so i freaked out and asked every single teammate if they had it. and later that night, in my teammate's hotel room, we found it at the bottom of her backpack. so i guess it turned out all right :)

ETA: grammar errors

Last edited:
Back