All-Star What Is The Average Height Of A College Cheerleader Flyer On A Coed Team ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
What is the average height of a college cheerleader flyer on a Coed team ? I know there are awesome cheer flyers of all heights, but was curious what the average height is.

I'm 5'5" and I cheered in college. I wasn't the tallest girl either. As long as we kept our weight under 115 they didn't care abt our height.

Shorter girls are easier to toss- Think about it for a sec, when the guy is at the top of his toss and your feet are already above his shoulders its going to be easier to get you to up versus your feet still being at his waist.

That being said, I'm 5'7" and have stunted with girls taller than I am, so its definitely possible for taller girls to fly as well.

Shorter girls are easier to toss, longer girls are easier to flip.

Just the same taller girls have an advantage tossing and shorter guys do rewinds easier.

UCF has a roster on their website which shows all of their heights (not sure if it's this years roster though) http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/c-spirit/spec-rel/ucf-cheer-roster.html[/quote]

Thanks, Emily Jane. I am going to look at that site. That is exactly what I was looking for. There are threads on this board that debate and dicsuss the advantages of short v. tall flyers. I was just curious ,when it comes down to it, what the heights of the College flyers are.

Thanks, Emily Jane. I am going to look at that site. That is exactly what I was looking for. There are threads on this board that debate and dicsuss the advantages of short v. tall flyers. I was just curious ,when it comes down to it, what the heights of the College flyers are.

You have to remember that UCF is very competitive within D1A at UCA. The height ranges might be different with non competitive schools, NCA schools, etc.

You have to remember that UCF is very competitive within D1A at UCA. The height ranges might be different with non competitive schools, NCA schools, etc.

Seeing that roster gave me the idea to look up some other schools. The University of Hawaii was from 4'8 to 5'1. I couldn't find a roster that listed Ht. for SFA.

Here is there link:
http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=cheer

Back