All-Star What Is The Average Height Of A College Cheerleader Flyer On A Coed Team ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@yung.STAR
In wrestling you CHOOSE to wrestle in a lower weight class (even if you coach WANTS you too...it's still your choice)....and you CAN still wrestle in a higher weigh class. In cheerleading (in the situations described) you CAN'T cheer at a high weight.... you HAVE to be the lower weight to cheer.
TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Not necessarily. Lets use the 120 and 126 weight classes as an example. If I'm typically the JV wrestler in the 126 spot, but the Varsity 120 wrestler tears his ACL and coach asks me to drop to 120. So I drop the 6 pounds and find that in the process of dropping those 6 pounds I've lost some strength and the JV 120 wrestler is actually better than me....then I've lost out on the spot. Wrestlers are notorious for taking extreme measures to drop weight, and doing so is actually counter productive at times, because they lose strength. I know in high school there were guys who would wrestle at 120 naturally, but the coach would need them to drop to 113 for a match, and then 2 weeks later they'd be wrestling at 126...not healthy at all!

as for someone saying that you can chose you go AG or CoEd, yes-you have to make that decision before going off to school-unless you're lucky enough to be at a school like Louisville or Morehead that have both.

Not necessarily. Lets use the 120 and 126 weight classes as an example. If I'm typically the JV wrestler in the 126 spot, but the Varsity 120 wrestler tears his ACL and coach asks me to drop to 120. So I drop the 6 pounds and find that in the process of dropping those 6 pounds I've lost some strength and the JV 120 wrestler is actually better than me....then I've lost out on the spot. Wrestlers are notorious for taking extreme measures to drop weight, and doing so is actually counter productive at times, because they lose strength. I know in high school there were guys who would wrestle at 120 naturally, but the coach would need them to drop to 113 for a match, and then 2 weeks later they'd be wrestling at 126...not healthy at all!

as for someone saying that you can chose you go AG or CoEd, yes-you have to make that decision before going off to school-unless you're lucky enough to be at a school like Louisville or Morehead that have both.

So you CHOOSE to drop to 120 for the chance of wrestling at 120 Varsity....otherwise there would be no reason for you to lose the weight if you were just going to stay JV. Hmmm.....it's a different situation again!

I'm not saying wrestlers aren't asked to do extreme things....cuz they are. My father and brother both wrestled for most of my childhood. I know the crazy things westlers do to make weight. I just don't think cheerleading and wrestling should be compared. They are just too different.

So you CHOOSE to drop to 120 for the chance of wrestling at 120 Varsity....otherwise there would be no reason for you to lose the weight if you were just going to stay JV. Hmmm.....it's a different situation again!

I'm not saying wrestlers aren't asked to do extreme things....cuz they are. My father and brother both wrestled for most of my childhood. I know the crazy things westlers do to make weight. I just don't think cheerleading and wrestling should be compared. They are just too different.
The wrestlers aren't making the choice, the coach is doing it for them. Just the same as the cheer coach is saying "make weight or you don't cheer". The cheerleaders can choose to not make weight and not cheer, just like the wrestlers can choose to not make weight and not wrestle...right? Either way, it's pressure from the coach to make a certain weight.

Yea 5'9 its not gonna happen, plus I wouldn't even dare to go up in a stunt. Back spot for life :) but isn't there a need for tall girls on all-girl teams?

i hear ya! I'm the only girl back on my team, the rest are all guys and my stunts stick everytime! i love backing :)

do you mind me asking what college this is? you don't have to, i'm just really curious.
I dont mind, it was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure they've stopped doing that. SLU in Hammond, LA was where I cheered in college.

I dont mind, it was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure they've stopped doing that. SLU in Hammond, LA was where I cheered in college.
okay thanks i was just wondering! that's crazy, i always joke about colleges weighing and measuring people, i never actually knew that some did that!

The wrestlers aren't making the choice, the coach is doing it for them. Just the same as the cheer coach is saying "make weight or you don't cheer". The cheerleaders can choose to not make weight and not cheer, just like the wrestlers can choose to not make weight and not wrestle...right? Either way, it's pressure from the coach to make a certain weight.
It's different. It's not ok in either situation. But it's not the same either. THE END.

I think you need to take a step back and a deep breath.

Hey Miss B if you haven't seen Due Date go watch it. You always make me think of great movie one liners, and of course Galafanakis has a million zingers in that one.

"Check yo'self before ya wreck yo'self!"

Hey Miss B if you haven't seen Due Date go watch it. You always make me think of great movie one liners, and of course Galafanakis has a million zingers in that one.

"Check yo'self before ya wreck yo'self!"
Conversations in our house usually consist of just movie quotes. The hubs and I have literally had convos that were just lines form different movies said back and forth, to complete an entire convo.

MissBee said:
Conversations in our house usually consist of just movie quotes. The hubs and I have literally had convos that were just lines form different movies said back and forth, to complete an entire convo.

Sounds like my work. We talk to each other in song lyrics and voice overs.

"don't let me get in my zone"

Back