All-Star What Is The Average Height Of A College Cheerleader Flyer On A Coed Team ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

thankfully my height isnt prob going to get over 5'2 !!! Im very petitie in weight as well. my goal is to fly in college!!

Love this thread!!

..long legs at 5'5"??? hahaha well i just fell like the flyers a height shouldn't matter i've stunted girl shorter/taller/ and the same height as me. sometimes the girls are bigger than me too and there weren't really any issues unless the girl thought she was heavy.

girls who think they're heavy, whether or not they actually are, come up to guys around my size thinking "i'm gonna kill him" and as a result tend not to do their jobs in the air/ when they get tossed. but that's hardly the case.

ANYWAY i've gotten off track. a taller guy should have longer arms. 5'5" is in fact short. lol. so, anyone taller than you shouldn't have an issue getting you above their shoulders i feel like.... unless they just don't finish the toss or something given the fact they have a shorter flyer.

I'm 5'6, and have long legs. I just have a shorter torso. And while I'm not tall, I would never consider myself short. 5'5-5'7 is pretty average for a female. Someone 5'5 could very well have long legs in comparison with their body, which makes them look even longer in stunting positions..

I'm 5'6, and have long legs. I just have a shorter torso. And while I'm not tall, I would never consider myself short. 5'5-5'7 is pretty average for a female. Someone 5'5 could very well have long legs in comparison with their body, which makes them look even longer in stunting positions..

That would be my daughter she is 5"3' but her legs are so long
You would swear she was 5"6-5"7 if you look at her in stunts. She's all legs and a very short torso. :)

• team%20usa
    here is a Pic of my daughter and some other girls from Team USA Coed. Ryan Martin is to her left. Beth is 5'2" and the shortest girl shown is about 4'11.

My daughter is 4'11" in that picture and has been 4'11" since 12 th grade. It has served her well.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is the weight difference over the course of a game or a routine. Guys don't lift girls one time and they are done. Multiply the weight difference of 10 pounds over the course of a football game and that weight becomes 200 pounds over twenty lifts. That takes effort and a toll on the guy/base over the course of a game and a season.

Co-Ed cheer is easier with smaller females, it really is a fact - just as women's college volleyball is easier for women over 6 feet tall. Why argue the point, its the nature of each others's sports.

Co-Ed cheer is easier with smaller females, it really is a fact - just as women's college volleyball is easier for women over 6 feet tall. Why argue the point, its the nature of each others's sports.

It might hurt someone's feelings if we said they were probably too large to be a coed flyer on an adult-aged team, therefore your logic must be wrong somewhere.

Note: I do agree that coaches should focus their athletes towards reaching a healthy body through proper diet and exercise, rather than just base everything off a number on a scale. However, suggesting that weight should not be a factor in flyer selection for college-aged coed team seems silly to me.

HAHA, 2 of my 3 favorite partners (flyers) are not your typical size. Weight matters at a certain point, but it really does have a lot to do with how a flyer conducts herself up there. I personally don't think being tall matters - it's absurdly short that throws me off.

It might hurt someone's feelings if we said they were probably too large to be a coed flyer on an adult-aged team, therefore your logic must be wrong somewhere.
I don't understand what you are saying. Where is my logic flawed?

HAHA, 2 of my 3 favorite partners (flyers) are not your typical size. Weight matters at a certain point, but it really does have a lot to do with how a flyer conducts herself up there. I personally don't think being tall matters - it's absurdly short that throws me off.

Yep, but many opinions of what looks good & is easier to work with is very different than the actual make up of most college co ed teams.

Back